List of channels on Sky

12345679»

Comments

• user002user002 Posts: 84
    Forum Member
    And why the number of ads has increased?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 20
    Forum Member
    What's there to explain? The website seemed relevant to those forums so I posted about the website on those forums. Clearly, those forums don't consider it spam because if they did, they would have deleted the posts. I even stated in my post on at least one instance that if what I was posting was inappropriate and/or considered spam, they could feel free to delete my post - they didn't.

The number of advertisements on the website has not changed. The revenue is minimal in any case - often, less than the cost of running the website. And if you're offended by advertising, you can always feel free to use AdBlock.

My opinion: the creation of this 'user002' account and vandalism on TV Channel Lists is related to this thread, where Dillon Lawrence was trying to purchase that particular forum and establish an advertising deal. In criticism of Dillon's proposal, a forum member on that forum posted a link to the archive of a DMCA threat to TV Channel Lists by Dillon (a.k.a. Cableturn), which I have kept online to give an objective recount of what occurred. I assume he's unhappy about the fact that I've kept that information on there since it's given a negative impression of him on the Hummy.tv forum. Again, this last paragraph is all just my speculation.
    Forum Member
    tv-cl wrote: »
    What's there to explain? The website seemed relevant to those forums so I posted about the website on those forums. Clearly, those forums don't consider it spam because if they did, they would have deleted the posts. I even stated in my post on at least one instance that if what I was posting was inappropriate and/or considered spam, they could feel free to delete my post - they didn't.

The number of advertisements on the website has not changed. The revenue is minimal in any case - often, less than the cost of running the website. And if you're offended by advertising, you can always feel free to use AdBlock.

My opinion: the creation of this 'user002' account is related to this thread where a link to the archive of TV Channel Lists' DMCA threat was posted.

Garbage. That thread's irrelevant, and I'm not him.

Regarding your spam. Look at the SatelliteGuys thread, the moderator refers to your post as 'redundant'. Also, the account's you've used only have 1 or 2 posts.

You also repeatedly use the same text on each site. Just give up.
    Forum Member
    Yes, I was new on SatelliteGuys, but the other forums I posted on (and you conveniently failed to mention), I have actively participated in and not just 'spammed', as you put it - I have many posts on MediaSpy and AVS Forums unrelated to the website. As for SatelliteGuys, I didn't realise they had a list already and when they informed me they did, I apologised and said they could delete my thread - is that what a 'spammer' would do? I didn't blindly post on every forum out there as a spammer would, I posted specifically in forums/threads that the website is relevant to.

Again, only my opinion, but I believe the only person who would have a reason to attack TV Channel Lists so much is Cableturn, as the existence of TV Channel Lists meant that his plans to have his own TV channel listing site was thwarted, as contributors didn't want to have to duplicate content on two websites and TV Channel Lists was in already existence.
    Forum Member
    Yes, I was new on SatelliteGuys, but the other forums I posted on (and you conveniently failed to mention), I have actively participated in and not just 'spammed', as you put it - I have many posts on MediaSpy and AVS Forums unrelated to the website. I didn't blindly post on every forum out there as a spammer would, I posted specifically in forums/threads that the website is relevant to.

The person you referred me too, I'm not him. Just because you posted it in the correct section, it doesn't make you not a spammer.

The evidence is there :confused:
    Forum Member
    If you're not Cableturn, then explain to me this - why have you created a new account on DigitalSpy (as well as vandalise the TV Channel Lists wiki itself) specifically to attack TV Channel Lists?

As for the spam accusations, if what I posted was against the rules of those forums, they would have deleted my posts. They did not. So given that those forums themselves don't consider it spam, why is it a problem for you?

It's an interesting coincidence also that this sudden attack on TV Channel Lists occurs just as Cableturn's prior DMCA threat to TV Channel Lists was re-posted on another forum.
    Forum Member
    If you're not Cableturn, then explain to me this - why have you created a new account on DigitalSpy (as well as vandalise the TV Channel Lists wiki itself) specifically to attack TV Channel Lists?

As for the spam accusations, if what I posted was against the rules of those forums, they would have deleted my posts. They did not. So given that those forums themselves don't consider it spam, why is it a problem for you?

It's an interesting coincidence also that this sudden attack on TV Channel Lists occurs just as Cableturn's prior DMCA threat to TV Channel Lists was re-posted on another forum.

Look, I'm not in the least bit interested in arguing with you. I don't have a personal vendetta against you either.

I think for the benefit of everyone, we should leave this here.
  • DWA9ISDWA9IS Posts: 10,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    user002 wrote: »
    Garbage. That thread's irrelevant, and I'm not him.

Regarding your spam. Look at the SatelliteGuys thread, the moderator refers to your post as 'redundant'. Also, the account's you've used only have 1 or 2 posts.

You also repeatedly use the same text on each site. Just give up.

Why dont you give up? These lists are very informative and very useful and are appreciated by many on this forum after the TV-Live wiki went. Wikipedia dont hold lists for Sky, so its nice to have something other than Sky's cumbersome TV guide pages to list the channels, plus the lists have other useful info that are not easy to find elsewhere like, for example, changes that have happened and ones coming up ect.

Really it doesnt matter if your the same person as Mr Cool/Cableturn or not, but fighting the host of www.tvchannellists.com is unproductive and annoying to people on this forum!
    Forum Member
    You say that you don't have a vendetta against me, yet you're the one creating accounts specifically to attack me/TVChannelLists.com. I certainly don't have a vendetta against you either - whether you are Cableturn or someone else. Interesting also how you avoided answering the the question I posed in my previous post...

When Cableturn's TV listing wiki came online (after TV Channel Lists, I might add), I certainly didn't try to vandalise it, make DMCA threats against it, or badmouth it on other forums, as (I believe) Cableturn did to TV Channel Lists. I am not interested in attacking others; I am only posting now because I myself am being attacked, I presume because I have a website that Cableturn wanted to have. But, I am happy to just leave it here and not progress further on this topic. I didn't start this discussion and I am happy for it to end.
  • DiscoDisco Posts: 1,604
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lotrjw wrote: »
    Why dont you give up? These lists are very informative and very useful and are appreciated by many on this forum after the TV-Live wiki went. Wikipedia dont hold lists for Sky, so its nice to have something other than Sky's cumbersome TV guide pages to list the channels, plus the lists have other useful info that are not easy to find elsewhere like, for example, changes that have happened and ones coming up ect.

Really it doesnt matter if your the same person as Mr Cool/Cableturn or not, but fighting the host of www.tvchannellists.com is unproductive and annoying to people on this forum!

Well said. I added a link to tv channels to the links section of Jimbo's weekly thread. That doesn't make me a spammer. I just knew that a many (not all granted) will find it useful.

The TV channels website seems to me to be professionally run and worthy of support. But we shouldn't forget there is a lot of Mr Cool/Dhillon's work in there as well. To be honest combining forces would be in everyone's best interests.
  • DWA9ISDWA9IS Posts: 10,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Disco wrote: »
    Well said. I added a link to tv channels to the links section of Jimbo's weekly thread. That doesn't make me a spammer. I just knew that a many (not all granted) will find it useful.

The TV channels website seems to me to be professionally run and worthy of support. But we shouldn't forget there is a lot of Mr Cool/Dhillon's work in there as well. To be honest combining forces would be in everyone's best interests.

I Agree the site isnt just the work of the person hosting it, many contribute to it making it a very good collaborative project.
  • ZenithZenith Posts: 3,873
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    user002 wrote: »
    Look, I'm not in the least bit interested in arguing with you. I don't have a personal vendetta against you either...
    So why post such negative comments?

Why does it matter to you so much about where tv-cl posts about his list? You appear to have joined Digital Spy just to have a go at tv-cl for posting about his site on more than 1 forum. So what? The more people that have access, the better.

I couldn't care less if tv-cl posted on a thousand different sites, as it won't affect me (or you) in the slightest.
This discussion has been closed.