Options

Being Gay

Comments

• Options
    deev1ne0nedeev1ne0ne Posts: 2,161
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pauluk wrote: »
    To the people who asked how old i am i`m 30 still living with my mum. Please see my other thread on chronic fatigue syndrome. It very hard to find a boyfriend when you not living alone.

Difficult but not insurmountable. There will be a right time and right place, you'll see.
  • Options
    stud u likestud u like Posts: 42,100
    Forum Member
    Hi i tried twice to come out to my mum. Both times she said it was a phrase or i haven`t been round girls enougth. She a christian and belives it is wrong to be gay. Have you came out of the closet? Worried about being gay? Do you think it is wrong?

People lead honest and decent lives without religion.

I am sure your Mum would value having a son who is honest with her.

Being gay is not a sin. It is normal,natural and biological.

My Mum knows I am gay.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If you've told her, your job is done. Allow her to digest the information and if she has any concerns or questions I'm sure she will let you know.

Move on now and do what you want to do. :)
  • Options
    chris1978chris1978 Posts: 1,931
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've never understood why some Christians are so anti gay. After all I always thought Jesus went round being nice to people.
  • Options
    gentleguygentleguy Posts: 16,358
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    im bisexual and sadly i wont ever come out, my siblings know and a few cousins and a few workmates but thats it im afraid, people can act like homophobia is over but it isnt, people just arent as brunt anymore thats all. but i feel most people are still homophobic to a degree, some dont evan realise.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well, that's a pity, but it is of course down to personal choice to divulge any personal information.

I wish you well.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,177
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lewi26 wrote: »
    I was extremely lucky when I came out, nobody gave a shit! It sounds like your mum is just getting her head round it, you have told her twice now so she can't deny it is happening. I would say just get on with things and don't worry about it, she will come round eventully. If she had a major problem with it she probably would of reacted worse than saying you might be going through a phase

Edit - just saw how old you are if she thinks its still a phase then there is not much more you can do, I would just get on with your life mate

Did you phone that club in Wigan that discriminated against you, you know, the business that doesn't answer it's phone even on a weekend. Did you manage to get through yet?
  • Options
    dee123dee123 Posts: 46,273
    Forum Member
    chris1978 wrote: »
    I've never understood why some Christians are so anti gay. After all I always thought Jesus went round being nice to people.

Yeah but people pick & choose what they read from that dusty, old, rewritten many times book.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,421
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have been quite lucky that I never really needed to come out. My family and friends all just seemed to know and accept the fact I like the D.
  • Options
    paulukpauluk Posts: 193
    Forum Member
    Does anybody else wish they were straight? and why?
  • Options
    bluebladeblueblade Posts: 88,859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hi i tried twice to come out to my mum. Both times she said it was a phrase or i haven`t been round girls enougth. She a christian and belives it is wrong to be gay. Have you came out of the closet? Worried about being gay? Do you think it is wrong?

No, and I suspect your Mum is in denial, as she does.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,396
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm out and it doesn't affect me.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,620
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

if you worry what people think ...even your mother you will be stuck in the closet for a long time harbouring these feelings, then end up lonely & bitter, be yourself , i am sure your mum will come around to the idea you are Gay.. or is this a wind up :rolleyes:
  • Options
    paulukpauluk Posts: 193
    Forum Member
    if you worry what people think ...even your mother you will be stuck in the closet for a long time harbouring these feelings, then end up lonely & bitter, be yourself , i am sure your mum will come around to the idea you are Gay.. or is this a wind up :rolleyes:

no wind up
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,620
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    no wind up

ok then, go for it then :) good luck x
  • Options
    d4n_d4nd4n_d4n Posts: 84
    Forum Member
    I have been surpressing my feelings pretty much snce puberty always dated women but sex has never always felt 100 % right.

I only tend to feel happy when I am not pushing the feelings to one side or trying to make my self attracted to women.

Think now is the time to get out and act on these feelings!

Are there any fellow London guys here that fancy a private chat.
  • Options
    DazinhoDazinho Posts: 2,643
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    d4n_d4n wrote: »
    I have been surpressing my feelings pretty much snce puberty always dated women but sex has never always felt 100 % right.

I only tend to feel happy when I am not pushing the feelings to one side or trying to make my self attracted to women.

Think now is the time to get out and act on these feelings!

Are there any fellow London guys here that fancy a private chat.

Gosh d4n_d4n, unless you have had some pms, that has killed it. Out of curiosity, did it work?
  • Options
    edExedEx Posts: 13,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Does anybody else wish they were straight? and why?
    Why bother? It won't actually change anything. Acceptance is an early step in the coming out process.

BTW, at 30 it's not a phase. Teenagers have "phases". 30 year olds know what their body responds to. Whether they choose to accept or hide that is the only conflict.
  • Options
    vosnevosne Posts: 14,131
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hi Paul.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    vosne wrote: »
    Hi Paul.

Please excuse my ignorance, but who is Paul?
  • Options
    skp20040skp20040 Posts: 66,874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    valkay wrote: »
    Not another Gay thread? there are already 100s on DS, can't you just post in one of those?

So we have Gay Threads now , well thats interesting , I knew there were threads on gay issues and more than one as like other subjects there are more than one therad as they may cover a different angle but didnt realise the threads actually had sexual orientation, than you for your enlightening and eductional post
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    skp20040 wrote: »
    So we have Gay Threads now , well thats interesting , I knew there were threads on gay issues and more than one as like other subjects there are more than one therad as they may cover a different angle but didnt realise the threads actually had sexual orientation, than you for your enlightening and eductional post

Yet still he (assuming he) feels the need to read and post.
  • Options
    Aztec23Aztec23 Posts: 1,313
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Everyone have their own values, however, that entails to respect others of their values/beliefs - sincere best wishes mate - I'm genuinely sorry that I can't advise anything further....:(
  • Options
    vosnevosne Posts: 14,131
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dazinho wrote: »
    Please excuse my ignorance, but who is Paul?

That would be the OP.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    vosne wrote: »
    That would be the OP.

Cheers. Sorry, I do have my moments :)
This discussion has been closed.