Options

Samsung DVD VR320 DVD-RAM

I've just purchased the Samsung VR320 and am trying to "pause live tv" while recording and then carrying on watching while the unit continues to record.

I have a DVD-RAM in the drive, which is what you are supposed to need, but can't find any option to do this.

I can record happily to the DVD-RAM, but cannot playback while still recording.

Manual gives no clues at all - doesn't even mention it - but the Samsung website does and the demonstration (on QVC) did.

Any help would be appreciated.

Comments

• Options
    crunchiecrunchie Posts: 595
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have the Panasonic E55 which is similar - all I do is press the Navigator button and it shows me what's on the DVD-RAM, then I can play an already-recorded programme while it continues recording another in the background.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10
    Forum Member
    Hi DJL

Sorry mate the VR320 does not support pause live TV or timeslip. The VR325 does.

Let me know which samsung website you looked at?

cheers Rich
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2
    Forum Member
    Rich Thanks for the reply. The demonstration on QVC mentioned this facility - but they were obviously wrong.

The link I looked at was at the Australian Samsung site

http://www.samsung.com/au/products/dvdrecorder/dvdrecorder/dvd_vr320.asp?page=Specifications

and it does mention time slip recording.

But if it doesn't do it - it doesn't do it!

Bit disappointed as this is probably what swinged it for me on the QVC demonstration.

DJL
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1
    Forum Member
    hi, just bought the Samsung dvd-vr 320,what dvd-r disks dou find are compatable other than those mentioned by SAmsung