Options

Harry M Unlucky ?

treetreetreetree Posts: 1,926
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Not to the point of he should have won, no were near near it.

But he wasn't as bad as losses suggest in fact he came up with some good idea's - he was made a scape goat on more than one occasion.
But some of the tasks he lost, where in no way all down to him , especially lasts nights popcorn one which i think most of us agree they should have won - even lord shug / Karen//Nick were surprised the other team one that

i would defiantly would have preferred him in the final then her smugness Zara

Comments

• Options
    meglosmurmursmeglosmurmurs Posts: 35,110
    Forum Member
    He was definitely unlucky to lose all of them. Think he deserved at least 2-3 victories.
    It just goes to show that winning is a team effort, you can be the strongest candidate of all but if the rest of the team falters then you'll still lose. Think Ruth Badger is a sign of that, as she lost most tasks and yet I'd say she's the strongest candidate I've seen on the show.
  • Options
    Reggie RebelReggie Rebel Posts: 636
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm not sure he was a strong candidate. Yes he had some good idea but, last night being a case in point, he was determined to steam roller his ideas through regardless.

He also lost as PM when he was able to run with his own ideas.
  • Options
    too_much_coffeetoo_much_coffee Posts: 2,978
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Harry M''s issue is that me is not a team player. As such he would not be an ideal employee but would probably be a good investment.

He has to learn to listen to others and will doubtless make some mistakes before he realises this. However I expect he will be successful in the future.
  • Options
    DevonDevon Posts: 4,063
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    yeah, very unlucky. would love to have seen him make the final

was really sorry to see him go :(
  • Options
    CaroUKCaroUK Posts: 6,354
    Forum Member
    Aw come on folks - for the last 6 weeks we have seen every idea and suggestion Harry M put forward getting shot down in flames by his so called team mates - just because HE had made them. There were a couple of occasions when their ignoring him cost them the task (pricing of the flowers being a case in point).

What I saw was a group of fellow teenagers ganging up on another - he was trying his damndest to be a team player and they weren't allowing him to join in and then criticising him for nott being a team player! Even when he did well - eg selling that hideous plant at full asking price,all on his own with no help whatsoever from the dreadful Gbemi, Hannah and Gbemi tried to say in the boardroom that Gbemi had played a much of a part in that as he did.

Lizzie and Harry H ignored him again last night over the Smoochies idea (which LS seemed to actually like when told about it in the boardroom!), and again when they were designing the packaging his valid comments were ignored. Harry M was right when he told Harry H in the car that he had just got them all fired.

Smoochies was a silly name - but the idea itself had more of a USP than the All American idea (which is already out there in several forms.

In fact - he was a bit like Lorraine in the adult series a couple of years ago - she had the Cassandra tendency as well - good ideas which no one listened to - to their team's detriment
  • Options
    The RhydlerThe Rhydler Posts: 4,494
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Spot on there.
  • Options
    ShrikeShrike Posts: 16,608
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    CaroUK wrote: »
    Aw come on folks - for the last 6 weeks we have seen every idea and suggestion Harry M put forward getting shot down in flames by his so called team mates - just because HE had made them. There were a couple of occasions when their ignoring him cost them the task (pricing of the flowers being a case in point).

But when he was PM he wouldn't listen to others ideas either. He was right sometimes, but not always and he had a tendancy to keep on and on long after it was actually too late to change and implement his points.
  • Options
    MrsWatermelonMrsWatermelon Posts: 3,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not sure he was a strong candidate. Yes he had some good idea but, last night being a case in point, he was determined to steam roller his ideas through regardless.

Spot on.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Shrike wrote: »
    But when he was PM he wouldn't listen to others ideas either. He was right sometimes, but not always and he had a tendancy to keep on and on long after it was actually too late to change and implement his points.

Yes, that's quite right, but the others in his team were already arguing about everything he had suggested in the brainstorming session on that task ..... he wanted the female market - they wanted the male one etc etc. He suggested red/ pink packaging for their anti perspirant which Lizzie and Gbemi ignored (as usual) - they lost the task on the packaging as much as anything else.

I respect his decisions for the fact that if they were wrong - he was prepared to fall on his sword for HIS mistakes - not ones others had forced him into making.
  • Options
    UnrealityTVUnrealityTV Posts: 1,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mumsnet strikes again! Oooh that Harry, he's so perfect!

Should you folk not be lusting after men, not schoolboys? :eek:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,314
    Forum Member
    i felt sorry for him, week after week they were all against him...he could do nothing right :( he never got a goodbye hug from bemi, louis always made fun of his voice and on mons harry h didnt even give him a hi5...im sure there were more times where he was left out

i didnt connect with him at the start, i was a harry h fan because he was much sweeter and better at speaking in the tasks, however after a few tasks i noticed how badly harry was treated and rooted for him to get better luck and for once be in a team where they dont just notice the negatives in him....sadly that never happend
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,506
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i felt sorry for him, week after week they were all against him...he could do nothing right :( he never got a goodbye hug from bemi, louis always made fun of his voice and on mons harry h didnt even give him a hi5...im sure there were more times where he was left out

i didnt connect with him at the start, i was a harry h fan because he was much sweeter and better at speaking in the tasks, however after a few tasks i noticed how badly harry was treated and rooted for him to get better luck and for once be in a team where they dont just notice the negatives in him....sadly that never happend

Noticed the lack of hi5. Wonder why they all disliked him so much? I liked him alot. He always kept positive despite being under immense pressure. Can't be easy living in a houseful of people who clearly show they detest you. Harry H was just so rude to him the weak earlier - telling him he was the weakest candidate there. Would love to get to the bottom of all the anomosity.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,314
    Forum Member
    smartie 33 wrote: »
    Noticed the lack of hi5. Wonder why they all disliked him so much? I liked him alot. He always kept positive despite being under immense pressure. Can't be easy living in a houseful of people who clearly show they detest you. Harry H was just so rude to him the weak earlier - telling him he was the weakest candidate there. Would love to get to the bottom of all the anomosity.

oh yh i remember that, was that also when lizzie didnt bring harry m back in the boardroom and back at the house, harry m was happy for once he wasnt brought back and harry h was like "i wouldve brought you back" and harry h was serious, and didnt even say it as a joke :mad: My respect for harry m went up when he didnt retaliate and instead smiled awkwardly :( poor kid, he didnt derserve being an outcast in the house, and it seems like there was no bad part from harry m either, i would like to see why the rest hated him
  • Options
    gemma-the-huskygemma-the-husky Posts: 18,116
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    look

0 for 7 says it all

he was very poor in the last week. You talk it over, make a decision, and then get behind the decision, and make it work. Not bleat about it.

and if he hadn't presented to morrisons, they still might have won.

----
    and it speaks volumes for AS judgement that he was still in, and he still rated him at the end. He should have gone well before the end.
  • Options
    allafixallafix Posts: 20,690
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    oh yh i remember that, was that also when lizzie didnt bring harry m back in the boardroom and back at the house, harry m was happy for once he wasnt brought back and harry h was like "i wouldve brought you back" and harry h was serious, and didnt even say it as a joke :mad: My respect for harry m went up when he didnt retaliate and instead smiled awkwardly :( poor kid, he didnt derserve being an outcast in the house, and it seems like there was no bad part from harry m either, i would like to see why the rest hated him
    Harry M had a very lucky escape that week. Harry H went up in my estimation for saying that. Not only was it the truth, it would have been the right thing to do. He didn't say it maliciously more as a bit of a wind up. Much worse things have been said to returning candidates, including outright hostility. Or there's the fake "so pleased you're back" through gritted teeth.

The two Harry's were rivals from day 1 so some needling is only to be expected.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    look

0 for 7 says it all

he was very poor in the last week. You talk it over, make a decision, and then get behind the decision, and make it work. Not bleat about it.

and if he hadn't presented to morrisons, they still might have won.

----
    and it speaks volumes for AS judgement that he was still in, and he still rated him at the end. He should have gone well before the end.

HE was not single handedly responsible for the 7 straight losses. The whole team he was in lost each task - in more than one case because they refused to listen to him,

In the selling flowers task - he wanted to charge 3 times the cost but was overruled.... had his team sold only a couple of bouquets at triple cost, they would have one that one because that was the task they lost by just £12! Hannah and her cronies refused to listen to him and THEY were responsible for losing the task - not Harry!

In the old folks products tasks, his advice was ignored (he wanted to go with the cushion - but was again over ruled) - and he was soley responsible for the biggest sale made by his team that day.....

When he was PM - his team again ignored his suggestions for packaging - and lost the task....

He had valid objections to the popcorn name/ concept, which were over ruled by the other two - and he had good instincts over the packaging as well which were also over ruled. Once it was clear that the other two weren't going to listen to him, he DID accept the Empire State thing and threw himself into it wholeheartedly.

If anything - it was the other team members who refused to give him the time of day who lost them the tasks - not Harry. I don't think I have seen a group of kids more determined to cut their noses off to spite their face because they happened to dislike one individual so intensely!

He, the other Harry and Zara were three of the most capable candidates we have seen on any apprentice show - adult or junior - and its just a crying shame that only one of them made the final
  • Options
    MrsWatermelonMrsWatermelon Posts: 3,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

If so many people who got to know him properly, rather than through the eyes of the editors, don't like him then the fault is probably with him rather than 9 other people (or however many it was). It's not about "luck", it's him.

CaroUK wrote: »
    If anything - it was the other team members who refused to give him the time of day who lost them the tasks - not Harry. I don't think I have seen a group of kids more determined to cut their noses off to spite their face because they happened to dislike one individual so intensely!

This just proves my point really. If they dislike him so much that they won't listen to him, he will never be a good businessman.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Granted they had to live with him and in some cases be with him 24/7 whilst we saw only the edited highlights....

But it doesn't take away from the fact that he was coming up with good ideas and suggestions which the others appeared to choose to ignore just because they were coming from him. Lord Sugar seemed to see something in Harry which kept him in despite all the boardroom appearances, and even said that Harry was unlucky to have always been on the losing team last Monday. He can hardly be blamed for the others' shortsightedness/ spite/ jealousy/ ignorance - which is why he was just unlucky rather than personally responsible for the failures. He seemed to be trying his hardest to be a team player all the way through - the others weren't letting him! The way they were shown to be treating him in the house and in some of the tasks was pretty close to being the nastiest sneaky type of bullying, and it says a lot that Harry never seemed to let it get to him.

From his bio on the YA website - it seems as though Harry is already a successful young businessman - who doesn't really need Lord Sugar's investment. He is far more likely to be the boss with hiring and firing powers once he has finished his education, and from the position of head honcho - being seen as a team player won't be such an issue anyway.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 732
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Exactly.