Options

TV+Sky Cabling Issues

Hi there,

I have just moved into a new house (5 years old) where it only has a sky dish on the roof and all wiring has been internally cabled at time of build.

In the main room I have a sky cable outlet (where the decoder/receiver sits)

In a cupboard there are 5 RF cables hanging out which go to all bedrooms + kitchen
There is another cable with a BNC type connector looped or connected from the sky dish to a 6th cable which is wired into the main room (where i currently pick up sky)

Now, im wondering how the heck the last ocupants had this all wired up? And how can I distribute TV reception back into all the other rooms.

I was thinking that simply using a splitter box after the decoder would work, but theres no wiring back to the cupboard from the main room.

If you can picture this, how could I connect this up so that i receive signal in all rooms without punching holes in walls.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 433
    Forum Member
    Hi there.
    From your description it appears that the 5 wires may only be connected to the tv aerial one being the feed and the other four to other rooms.The extra cable connected to the dish could be for sky+ as it needs two feeds from the dish.In your main viewing room is there a wall plate with the sky connector on it?Has it got several connectors on it as there are some that have sky dish feed,aerial out and one other thats used for a return to a amp for distribution, all in one plate.
    Pete.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2
    Forum Member
    No there's only one aerial feed from the dish (one LNB), there are no other connectors in the main room to feed the signal back into the cupboard.

There's no TV aerial installed in the house - only a dish.

Im going to trace all cables tonight to see where they go to.
  • Options
    jasperjonesjasperjones Posts: 140
    Forum Member
    hamisht wrote:
    No there's only one aerial feed from the dish (one LNB), there are no other connectors in the main room to feed the signal back into the cupboard.

There's no TV aerial installed in the house - only a dish.

Im going to trace all cables tonight to see where they go to.

Hi,
    Could the sky box have been put in the cupboard,the R.F. output from the box feed into a splitter box (with magic eye by-pass) then off to all the rooms.With the sky box controled by a magic eye on top of each T.V.
    If not,could that way work!
    Jasper