Options

Can you sync iPhone & iPod on same iTunes?

JohnBoy1959JohnBoy1959 Posts: 190
Forum Member
Can you sync iPhone & iPod on same iTunes? If so, how? thanks in advance :)

Comments

• Options
    irishguyirishguy Posts: 22,172
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yep you can. If you just plug them both in then they'll both sync. off the same libraries, playlists, albums etc... that are on that PC... but you need to go through the PC as its operating as the central management system. So if you have a playlist up on iTunes on your computer you can sync it to be accessed via both the iPhone and the iPod
  • Options
    JohnBoy1959JohnBoy1959 Posts: 190
    Forum Member
    Thanks, but what I want to do is sync both my iPod & iPhone so that they don't synce the same items to each - if that can be done ? :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 163
    Forum Member
    Yes you can. You just select what playlists/videos you want on each device
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,922
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Or set up a second user account on the machine

Log in as the new user, and you will have a nice fresh empty iTunes account there that you can add tunes etc to
  • Options
    sharon7sharon7 Posts: 362
    Forum Member
    Or set up a second user account on the machine

Log in as the new user, and you will have a nice fresh empty iTunes account there that you can add tunes etc to

Hi James

How would you log in as a new user? Sorry you wil have to explain it to me :confused:

Thanks

S
  • Options
    irishguyirishguy Posts: 22,172
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    James is suggesting that you set up a second user account on your computer... so you would log into the computer using that username and password instead.

It's easy to do. What operating system are you running?
  • Options
    Rich_LRich_L Posts: 6,110
    Forum Member
    With mine, my iPod Touch syncs all the music and video on it when its plugged in.

I was wary when I first got my iPhone as I didnt want any music or videos on it - yet.

But anyway, I synced the phone and nothing happened anyway, despite everything being ticked (which I didn't realise till I'd plugged in the iPhone) - it never put any music or video on to it - it never asked if I wanted to, it never gave me the option!!
  • Options
    sharon7sharon7 Posts: 362
    Forum Member
    irishguy wrote: »
    James is suggesting that you set up a second user account on your computer... so you would log into the computer using that username and password instead.

It's easy to do. What operating system are you running?

I get you! Thanks for that :)
  • Options
    stephen122333stephen122333 Posts: 912
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    or depending on how you use your ipod you can sync different playlist to diffrent ipods.

For example my ipod classic sync all of itunes
    my iphone only sync my 'iPhone' play list
    my ipod shuffle only sync my 'shuffle' playlist

and in my iphone/shuffle playlists I have selected music I want one or both playlists and add to the said playlist as approrite.