Mobile phone help...

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,487
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I sent my phone off for repairs last Saturday and they told me that they would text me when it would be ready to collect.
But, it stupidly didn't occur to me that I have no phone to receive texts on!! :o I'm honestly not usually that stupid! Honest!

I've tried to put my sim into every mobile in the house but they are all different networks. :-(

(I have a contract phone (Samsung Galaxy) with 3).

Any ideas on what to do? (Other than stopping and asking everyone I know if they have a 3 phone)...

Comments

• MustabusterMustabuster Posts: 5,975
    Forum Member
    You can call them up and ask you to call you on your land line instead. Or ask them for an estimate of when it will be back and go around then.
  • gdjman68wasdigigdjman68wasdigi Posts: 21,705
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    нöℓєs wrote: »
    I sent my phone off for repairs last Saturday and they told me that they would text me when it would be ready to collect.
    But, it stupidly didn't occur to me that I have no phone to receive texts on!! :o I'm honestly not usually that stupid! Honest!

I've tried to put my sim into every mobile in the house but they are all different networks. :-(

(I have a contract phone (Samsung Galaxy) with 3).

Any ideas on what to do? (Other than stopping and asking everyone I know if they have a 3 phone)...

02 normally give you a courtesy phone, not sure about 3
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,487
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    02 normally give you a courtesy phone, not sure about 3

They were out of loan phones. :'(
  • Bedsit BobBedsit Bob Posts: 24,344
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Buy a cheap SIM Free mobile for less than a tenner, and put the SIM in that.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You can call them up and ask you to call you on your land line instead. Or ask them for an estimate of when it will be back and go around then.

Okay thank you. :) This idea probably should have occurred to me a week ago...
  • myssmyss Posts: 16,527
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Definitely this - or do you know if your home phone can get texts?! :D Bizarre as it sounds, the text comes in via a call from an automated voice! My home phone isn't any 'special' phone either and I only discovered this when someone mistakenly sent it there instead of my mobile number.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    myss wrote: »
    Definitely this - or do you know if your home phone can get texts?! :D Bizarre as it sounds, the text comes in via a call from an automated voice! My home phone isn't any 'special' phone either and I only discovered this when someone mistakenly sent it there instead of my mobile number.

My homephone can receive texts! It's 'read' out by a creepy voice who doesn't know how to pronounce asian names. :-(
  • myssmyss Posts: 16,527
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My homephone can receive texts! It's 'read' out by a creepy voice who doesn't know how to pronounce asian names. :-(
    :D:D I'm not sure about charges and so on, but it's quite funny sending cusses through it! :D
  • susie-4964susie-4964 Posts: 23,143
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I got one once, my brother-in-law texted the home phone instead of my mobile. It was really weird!
  • MustabusterMustabuster Posts: 5,975
    Forum Member
    My last message had the robotic voice blurting out a Jimmy Saville joke. Now that was weird.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,126
    Forum Member
    Bedsit Bob wrote: »
    Buy a cheap SIM Free mobile for less than a tenner, and put the SIM in that.

Lol....I did just that when my phone when pop last year...I bought myself a Doro phone...don`t laugh..I think it`s been designed for the more elderly user but I absolutely love it..It`s a phone and nothing more....I put the old sim card in the Doro and have`t touched the £500 computer(I mean phone) that use to live in my pocket since that day(kids have though)....both the reception and coverage of the Doro are far better than the all singing and dancing smart phone...as is the functionality.(ease of use)