Chasing Shadows

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    clm2071 wrote: »
    I know what you mean, its difficult to explain but its like they are all trying just that little but too hard.

It doesnt seem natural and seems rather overacted and earnest.

Its a shame because i usually love these types of crime thrillers, its like painting by numbers,,, it looks good, but you just know it wasnt painted with any feelings or meaning (i'm probably getting a bit deep there :blush::blush: ) :D:D
  • JamieHTJamieHT Posts: 12,205
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's got to be the guy who visited him in the Hospital surely?!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why do you keep watching it and going on about his poor acting and that he should be recast? The rest of us are enjoying it and every other post in the thread is you moaning about Reece's acting. If it's that crap to watch, turn it off.

As I was saying, I am not the only one...
  • 1fab1fab Posts: 20,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JamieHT wrote: »

That's what I thought, but wouldn't that be too obvious?

Anyway, I like it - I'm not very good at following complicated plots, and this is simple enough for me to keep up. :)
  • marcina bolanmarcina bolan Posts: 645
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    myscimitar wrote: »
    As I was saying, I am not the only one...

I know you're not the only one saying it, but you're the only one constantly repeating the same points over and over again.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    1fab wrote: »
    That's what I thought, but wouldn't that be too obvious?

Anyway, I like it - I'm not very good at following complicated plots, and this is simple enough for me to keep up. :)

Well the writer guy has to be the killer. I'm not sure what the twist is with Sean's cleaning lady? Has to be more to her.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know you're not the only one saying it, but you're the only one constantly repeating the same points over and over again.

As I have every right to...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well the writer guy has to be the killer. I'm not sure what the twist is with Sean's cleaning lady? Has to be more to her.

I hope she doesn't end up getting murdered. :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    1fab wrote: »
    I hope she doesn't end up getting murdered. :(

I don't like her, I can't put my finger on why. I thought it was cute that he bothered with the little girl though, that was a nice touch :)
  • clm2071clm2071 Posts: 6,644
    Forum Member

I'm going for the doctor at the hospital/prison place.

Although I'm well known for being wrong every time :):)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

My first thought when he collapsed was that she had done something with his tablets because she knew that he was going out with the police. Although whether she has anything to do with the killings, I'll remain open minded. I think it's the writer who has/had been feeding Leonard information (eg the gold tooth).
    Forum Member
    My first thought when he collapsed was that she had done something with his tablets because she knew that he was going out with the police. Although whether she has anything to do with the killings, I'll remain open minded. I think it's the writer who has/had been feeding Leonard information (eg the gold tooth).

Hmmm, seems a bit obvious?

I bet were both wrong! :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hmmm, seems a bit obvious?

I bet were both wrong! :)

You're probably right, it'll end up being the cleaning lady ha ha!
  • China GirlChina Girl Posts: 2,755
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This week's story is even better than last week.
    I think Reece is fine in his role, it's Alex that is letting it down a bit. Her acting is wooden in this, I've seen her do better in other things.
    And her annoying son again to make it worse.
  • Lisa_NaylorLisa_Naylor Posts: 827
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I wouldn't rule out the psychiatrist or the male nurse they saw. They all had access to feed information. And I am betting he was injected with a drug to induce the heart attack. So the person had to have access to meds.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wouldn't rule out the psychiatrist or the male nurse they saw. They all had access to feed information. And I am betting he was injected with a drug to induce the heart attack. So the person had to have access to meds.

I definitely think she tampered with some medication.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I reckon the writer and the psychiatrist are in it together.
  • owlloverowllover Posts: 7,980
    Forum Member
    rhumble wrote: »
    There is something about this, i just can't get into it for some reason, ive got part two recorded but i haven't bothered with it yet.

Its like all the actors are just reading their lines, as opposed to believing what they are saying. Something is missing imo
    rhumble wrote: »
    Its a shame because i usually love these types of crime thrillers, its like painting by numbers,,, it looks good, but you just know it wasnt painted with any feelings or meaning (i'm probably getting a bit deep there :blush::blush: ) :D:D

I couldn't agree more. Painting by numbers, reciting lines. There's nothing for actors to get their teeth into. Tonight's story was more interesting to me than the last one but it's so second-rate.
    JamieHT wrote: »

It seem so to me. What's the point of him otherwise?
  • lady_xanaxlady_xanax Posts: 5,662
    Forum Member
    Today's episode was just even more like a comedy. When they go to question Leonard and they say to Sean to be gentle with his questioning but of course we know that he's going to be really inappropriate because that's his condition. And the buses- he's going to hate those buses!

I do not believe for one second that this guy would have reached the position he's in, or if he had, he would certainly be supervised in the role- and not by the Ruth woman. He'd be a potential liability and unlike detectives who are liabilities but that's because of their egos, he can't control it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,351
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought this episode was the best so far! I really like the dynamics between the main cast. The Ruth and Mickey from Doctor Who tension is a bit forced, but I love how Ruth and Sean negotiate around each other, their exchanges are really fun, and I love Sean and the housekeeper. I thought this episode allowed Sean to become a lot more fleshed out as a character, the bit with the daughter and the planes was rather sweet.

although the plot is totally silly, the secondary roles are played well and the plot skips along quickly. If you don't think about it too much, it's entertaining without being overly serious or pretentious.
  • JamieHTJamieHT Posts: 12,205
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    owllover wrote: »
    I couldn't agree more. Painting by numbers, reciting lines. There's nothing for actors to get their teeth into. Tonight's story was more interesting to me than the last one but it's so second-rate.

Exactly, unless they introduce an unseen character which would be disappointing.
    Forum Member
    owllover wrote: »

A red herring?
  • Sandra BeeSandra Bee Posts: 9,430
    Forum Member
    I enjoyed this episode a lot more than the last two, maybe I am getting used to Sean's quirky behaviour.

Loved the interaction between him and the cleaner's daughter. No conversation but I thought it was sweet.
  • BellaRosaBellaRosa Posts: 36,543
    Forum Member

I thought that as she wanted to give the pills rather than the male nurse. I say she killed him as well :D

Ruth son .. what is the point of him apart from being annoying >:(
  • AbewestAbewest Posts: 3,017
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    myscimitar wrote: »
    I guess we will tell if this gets a second series with him in the lead.. And then see what he attempts next.

With 2.5 million viewers at a prime time slot on a commercial driven channel, and audiences dropping every week since it aired, I don't think there's much chance of that.