Help a technophobe please?

2»

Comments

• Options
    grahamlthompsongrahamlthompson Posts: 18,486
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Winston_1 wrote: »
    Things you don't use often are not usually available. Things like tuning and some teletext functions.

Have you ever used a harmony, the database contains every function for all my current kit.
  • Options
    Nigel GoodwinNigel Goodwin Posts: 58,518
    Forum Member
    Have you ever used a harmony, the database contains every function for all my current kit.

Only for geeks though - extremely difficult and complicated pieces of kit - well beyond the 'normal' public.
  • Options
    bobcarbobcar Posts: 19,424
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ooft...I'm rubbish at explaining, I'll try again. I have the correct HDMI connected now. I can switch between HDMI 1&2 on the side buttons of the TV but getting 'no signal' on the tv screen. I googled how to set it up and it said I should go to the laptop control panel, display and I should be able to click on the drop down menu. There's only one option (default laptop I assume) in the drop down menu. However, when I check devices on the laptop control panel, it shows the TV so it is reading the connection in devices but not in the display drop down menu.

Seriously a new remote is by far the best solution and need not be that expensive, if you give your TV details we may be able to help - at least there may be a cheap universal that does work with your TV.
  • Options
    bobcarbobcar Posts: 19,424
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Winston_1 wrote: »
    Things you don't use often are not usually available. Things like tuning and some teletext functions.

As I said earlier my Harmony remote has more functions for my Panny TV than are available on the original.