The Jonathan Ross Show - Series 7, Saturday Nights ITV

degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
Forum Member
The show is back tonight.

Guests are Steve Carell, Sir David Attenborough, MelB, Cheryl whatshername and Paulo Nutini.

Interestingly it means all three latenight chatshows are on at the same time.

Comments

• Billy_ValueBilly_Value Posts: 22,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    degsyhufc wrote: »
    The show is back tonight.

Guests are Steve Carell, Sir David Attenborough, MelB, Cheryl whatshername and Paulo Nutini.

Interestingly it means all three latenight chatshows are on at the same time.

no they are not
  • degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    no they are not
    Yes they are. I just didn't define what period 'time' was.
    I mean the same week and season.
    Forum Member
    He was saying on The One Show that he's going to shake up the interviews this series a little by having guests on together and maybe bringing out all guests together at the end of the show and things like that.
  • Shazla09Shazla09 Posts: 29,336
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just posted this on the Rating Thread.

Has Cheryl said on Jonathan Ross, she won't do the 6 chair challenge again therefore she is not doing next year's XF??
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He was saying on The One Show that he's going to shake up the interviews this series a little by having guests on together and maybe bringing out all guests together at the end of the show and things like that.

Yeh that will make the show better
  • mal2poolmal2pool Posts: 5,690
    Forum Member
    Same boring guests, theres too many chat shows on. Cheryls new sweary record...great..back to her common roots...cant stand her
  • bluefbbluefb Posts: 15,461
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That Cheryl video is a blatant rip-off of one or two J-Lo videos
    Forum Member
    mal2pool wrote: »
    Same boring guests, theres too many chat shows on.
    To be fair i'm mainly tuning in for Attenborough.
    Don't mind giving Carell a listen. He might be good.
    No interest in X Factor.
    I usually don't bother with the musical guests on any of the shows.

Norton gets them to play before the red chair so I usually find something to do for 5 minutes.

There's not many shows where all the guests are of interest.
  • LenitiveLenitive Posts: 4,263
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sw2963 wrote: »
    Has Cheryl said on Jonathan Ross, she won't do the 6 chair challenge again therefore she is not doing next year's XF??

Oh my goodness, what an exclusive :o

Only watching for Attenborough. Cheryl's music and video was a laughably autotuned parody of pop.
  • DDRickyDDDDRickyDD Posts: 5,247
    Forum Member
    This show has never been the same since it left the BBC. The studio is poorly layed out, there's no band to introduce the guests, and of course ITV have to have adverts every 15 minutes.

Ross should have called it a day after his BBC show finished.
  • Shazla09Shazla09 Posts: 29,336
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lenitive wrote: »
    Oh my goodness, what an exclusive :o

Only watching for Attenborough. Cheryl's music and video was a laughably autotuned parody of pop.

That's what she said. "I'm not doing that again!" Unless they are going to change the format next year.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 827
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    no they are not

Well done Degsy, you won the debate good and proper there. You missed a trick though, you should have kept your feet in the air.
  • Dave0893Dave0893 Posts: 13,659
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm glad this is back, good line up tonight. Cheryl and Mel were really funny, David Attenborough always an interesting guest and I love Steve Carrell's humour.

Great performance from Paolo too.

I liked that they have the guests out together now aswell.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 827
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It would be great if he manages to secure Steve Coogan, or maybe Jack Dee, for the new season
  • Evo102Evo102 Posts: 13,630
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    bornslippy wrote: »
    It would be great if he manages to secure Steve Coogan, or maybe Jack Dee, for the new season

Wow, you think he will aim that high <rolls eyes>
  • AlrightmateAlrightmate Posts: 73,120
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Sounds like it's trying to ripoff the format of the Graham Norton Show.
    Forum Member
    Sounds like it's trying to ripoff the format of the Graham Norton Show.
    Not really.
    He's not bringing all guests out at the start, atleast not every episode.

When it is one guest it can seem self contained and even though there is the greenroom you know that sometimes the guest is not there at the same time as the others.
    Not that it's unique to Ross. Norton has had episodes/interviews that have been prerecorded and spliced together to make one show.

It does seem a bit livelier to have the guests converse with one another.
    More like Parky than Norton in this case.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

its not the same season, Alan is on the 13th season, Jonathon is on his 6th season and graham is on his 16th season, now if you mean season as in weather Alan started his show in the summer and if you mean time as in when they start in the listings they all start at different times and if you mean condiments i am sure they all like different seasonings
  • HaydenHayden Posts: 32,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bornslippy wrote: »

I wonder if he'll manage to shock everyone and get Ricky Gervais on as well?
  • Poppy99_PoppyPoppy99_Poppy Posts: 2,255
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hayden wrote: »
    I wonder if he'll manage to shock everyone and get Ricky Gervais on as well?

Russell Brand is on next week - rolls eyes
    Forum Member
    its not the same season, Alan is on the 13th season, Jonathon is on his 6th season and graham is on his 16th season, now if you mean season as in weather Alan started his show in the summer and if you mean time as in when they start in the listings they all start at different times and if you mean condiments i am sure they all like different seasonings
    Yes I do mean the time of the year. They are at crossover points in their current runs at the moment but all on at the same time for a period.

I'm not sure how much easier I can spell it out for you.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes I do mean the time of the year. They are at crossover points in their current runs at the moment but all on at the same time for a period.

I'm not sure how much easier I can spell it out for you.

yes i know but its you who got all arsey about my post
    Forum Member
    yes i know but its you who got all arsey about my post
    Not arsy at all. Just correcting you.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not arsy at all. Just correcting you.

but you have no need to correct me, you have posted something and i knew what your were talking about but because i corrected you, you then took it and changed it to mean something else to save face
  • MrSuperMrSuper Posts: 18,527
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I thought it pretty much worked when Carrell came on and Attenborough was sitting beside him and i liked the touch when all four incl. Mel B and Cheryl were on at the very end.

Steve Carrell was a good sport though, really like him. Shame there was no mention of Foxcatcher. Would have loved to hear Carrell speak about that.

I do miss the live band segment at the start, especially when it's the musical guest doing it. Don't know why he got rid of that.

Now you have all 3 chatshows currently airing on tv - Graham and Alan on Fri with JR on Sat. It'll be interesting to see what type of guests they each manage to get. I presume Norton will get the mega A-list ones as always while Carr will get the celebrity A-list (usually American pop stars) and Ross usually gets what's left inbetween.

For example this week:

Norton - Benedict Cumberbatch, Miranda Hart, Timothy Spall and Maroon 5
    Carr - Taylor Swift, James Nesbitt and Kevin Bridges
    JR - Daniel Radcliffe, Lindsay Lohan, Russell Brand, The Script.

For me, if i had to pick the best line-up for entertainment purposes based on the above for this week i would go JR 1st, Carr 2nd and Norton 3rd.