Options

Confused re. BBC 4 HD, BBC News HD etc.

Zeppelyn56Zeppelyn56 Posts: 455
Forum Member
Long story short, A couple of days ago I was getting problems with timed recordings on my Panasonic PVR, it was saying something like "Recording failed, the broadcaster has changed the broadcast signal, please rescan" or similar.

So did a full factory reset on the Panasonic and all is well on the recording front.

The rescan though has picked up the extra HD channels like BBC4, BBC News and 4Seven etc although there is a slight breakup every few minutes. Now I get a signal from the Pontypool relay off Wenvoe (for BBC Wales etc) and not supposed to get these channels according to Digital UK coverage checker. So where are they coming from? Mendip perhaps? My aerial is about 15 months old and was installed professionally.

Another query, is there a booster I could get that would help with the breakup?

Comments

• Options
    Zeppelyn56Zeppelyn56 Posts: 455
    Forum Member
    Winston_1 wrote: »
    Sticking a booster on probably won't help. The best way of improving things is to determine where the signal is comming from and then align a correct grouped aerial in that direction.

Don't fancy a new aerial just for HD news, more curiosity than anything, no idea how to determine where its coming from. Thanks anyway though.
  • Options
    chrisjrchrisjr Posts: 33,282
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Zeppelyn56 wrote: »
    Don't fancy a new aerial just for HD news, more curiosity than anything, no idea how to determine where its coming from. Thanks anyway though.

See if your TV can tell you what UHF channel the Com 7 mux is on. Then got to www.digitaluk.co.uk and stick your post code into the checker on the right of the page. Tick "Detailed view" then click Go.

That should list the most likely transmitters you can receive. The detailed listings should show which transmitter is most likely transmitting Com 7 on the UHF channel you are receiving.