Should series 7.2 air in August or September?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 748
Forum Member
✭✭
I was thinking it would be good if series 7.2 airs next August or September so it runs us up to the 50th anniversary episode. It would be better because instead of it starting next Easter we would have the rest of series 7 and the 50th special all at the same time.

Anyone else agree?

Comments

• Whovian1109Whovian1109 Posts: 1,812
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jimthepig wrote: »
    I was thinking it would be good if series 7.2 airs next August or September so it runs us up to the 50th anniversary episode. It would be better because instead of it starting next Easter we would have the rest of series 7 and the 50th special all at the same time.

Anyone else agree?

In terms of the logical run up to the Anniversary it's a good idea but I think that Moffat wants to have the Anniversary as a separate event, completely distinctive of 7.2, rather than an add-on as it were. Plus, I don't know about you, but I do NOT want to have to wait another 8/9 months for Doctor Who :(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 748
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    In terms of the logical run up to the Anniversary it's a good idea but I think that Moffat wants to have the Anniversary as a separate event, completely distinctive of 7.2, rather than an add-on as it were. Plus, I don't know about you, but I do NOT want to have to wait another 8/9 months for Doctor Who :(

I suppose it would be long because the wait from Christmas Day last year until AOTD was terrible.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm already getting the shakes, so I can't wait even longer :p

Wouldn't everybody prefer to have 7.2 ASAP, then have a special 50th anniversary SERIES (or a bit more realistically, a miniseries) which led up to November, then another Christmas special. In true Dr. Who style there should, of course, be a big anniversary cliffhanger, which would be resolved at Christmas.
    Surely everyone wants to see more, not less? As long as quality is maintained that is :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 425
    Forum Member
    I would rather the next portion would start in January! But to be realistic I know that's not going to happen. But to wait another 8 or 9 months just to conclude a series would be suicide for the show.
  • nattoyakinattoyaki Posts: 7,080
    Forum Member
    It's got to be Spring. It's already been far, far too long. Next late summer/autumn? I will just give up on Doctor Who as 'telly' and get the box sets for Christmas every year.
  • PJ68PJ68 Posts: 3,116
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    from now on is it going to be half the series at the end of the year, half at the start? so hopefully we get 7.2 feb/march then 8.1 october time?
  • ea91ea91 Posts: 2,363
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    April.
  • nebogipfelnebogipfel Posts: 8,375
    Forum Member
    PJ68 wrote: »
    from now on is it going to be half the series at the end of the year, half at the start? so hopefully we get 7.2 feb/march then 8.1 october time?

We don't know. The BBC haven't said anything other than 7.2 will be in Spring. Which suggests March or April. But plans can change I suppose.

They haven't said whether the way they scheduled series 7 is a one off or a permanent thing.

There haven't been any announcements yet as to when they expect series 8 to start.
  • PJ68PJ68 Posts: 3,116
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    nebogipfel wrote: »
    We don't know. The BBC haven't said anything other than 7.2 will be in Spring. Which suggests March or April. But plans can change I suppose.

They haven't said whether the way they scheduled series 7 is a one off or a permanent thing.

There haven't been any announcements yet as to when they expect series 8 to start.

ah cheers
  • WebslarkWebslark Posts: 18,946
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    nebogipfel wrote: »

Ah, but which definition of Spring??? and will the tax discs have changed by then?

But March/April seems reasonable to me :)
  • MulettMulett Posts: 9,055
    Forum Member
    I'm already sick to death of each Doctor Who season being split in two. Oh, how I miss those simple days of a single season broadcast from the end of March onwards!
  • johnnysaucepnjohnnysaucepn Posts: 6,775
    Forum Member
    Wouldn't everybody prefer to have 7.2 ASAP, then have a special 50th anniversary SERIES (or a bit more realistically, a miniseries) which led up to November, then another Christmas special. In true Dr. Who style there should, of course, be a big anniversary cliffhanger, which would be resolved at Christmas.
    Surely everyone wants to see more, not less? As long as quality is maintained that is :)

I don't think they'd have the time or the energy to keep up that level of production!
  • daveyboy7472daveyboy7472 Posts: 16,351
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mulett wrote: »
    I'm already sick to death of each Doctor Who season being split in two. Oh, how I miss those simple days of a single season broadcast from the end of March onwards!

I agree, it's a pain in the backside. I would prefer them showing the next part of Series 7 asap after Xmas or at least in March/April. To have to wait so long after that would be ridiculous and I definitely don't think leaving it a year to show the next part of Series 7 is right.

:rolleyes:
  • Shawn_LunnShawn_Lunn Posts: 9,353
    Forum Member
    It should air earlier than that, around January/February 2013 to be honest.
  • hopscotch23hopscotch23 Posts: 455
    Forum Member
    If it waits until next Aug it won't be series 7.2 but series 8 with series 7 being only 5 episodes long:confused:

I hope the gap isn't too long, it is making the series seem disjointed
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 31
    Forum Member
    Hello

I do not think you can work out if showing the rest of this series in the Autumn is a good idea or not until the BBC says what is happening around the anniversary.

Maybe they will tell us on the 49th anniversary next month.

That would stop people having to guess, but it might mean that everybody looks past the 9 more episodes already confirmed.

I do not mind, as long as they annouce it in time to get into the right week's Radio Times, so I do not miss it! :)
  • nebogipfelnebogipfel Posts: 8,375
    Forum Member
    If it waits until next Aug it won't be series 7.2 but series 8 with series 7 being only 5 episodes long:confused:

I hope the gap isn't too long, it is making the series seem disjointed

I don't think there is any serious possibility of 7.2 being later than Spring. Caroline Skinner has said it a few times. If anything we might get lucky - early March? Late February (unlikely)?

I suspect that even now the audience will see the next bunch of episodes as a different series. It's almost irrelevant what they call it. (apart from for boxset collectors). With a five month gap, no strong plot arc and the Ponds pushing up daisies its going to feel like something of a new start.

I am happiest with this. Even if we are getting fewer episodes, spreading them out across 2013 helps ease that. In any case, I suspect as we approach November there will be plenty of related entertainments on offer and we might feel as though that plus a new series would be a bit of a glut. ( the usual caveat - we don't yet know just how much new we will be getting.)
  • JayPee86JayPee86 Posts: 3,565
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I want 7.2 in January !!!
    We are being led up the garden path
  • TRT1968TRT1968 Posts: 2,164
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JayPee86 wrote: »
    I want 7.2 in January !!!
    We are being led up the garden path

Better than being taken up the back alley.
  • alexjones50alexjones50 Posts: 3,845
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    are you out of your mind? it's bad enough that their waiting until easter, if they're going to wait that long they might as well call it season 8.
  • hopscotch23hopscotch23 Posts: 455
    Forum Member
    So is there going to be a series 8 later in 2013 then? I don't suppose it has been announced yet seeing as we don't know when 7.2 will be shown. I hope so or else will feel a little diddled and 7.2 will be series 8. I realise there are other (long!) threads saying this (or not!) but just thought I'd add my twopenneth here:D
  • DiscoPDiscoP Posts: 5,920
    Forum Member
    So is there going to be a series 8 later in 2013 then? I don't suppose it has been announced yet seeing as we don't know when 7.2 will be shown. I hope so or else will feel a little diddled and 7.2 will be series 8. I realise there are other (long!) threads saying this (or not!) but just thought I'd add my twopenneth here:D

I don't think any of series 8 will be shown in 2013 as it hasn't even been announced that it's been commissioned yet, and the next thing they are shooting after series 7 is the anniversary special.
  • Shawn_LunnShawn_Lunn Posts: 9,353
    Forum Member
    Maybe it would be better if they did something like this ...

January-February 2013: Series 7.2
    July 2013: Special 1
    September 2013: Special 2
    November 2013: 50th Anniversary Special
    December 2013: Christmas Special

Then ....

September-December 2014: Series 8 (13 episodes + Christmas Special)