Is Missy...

2»

Comments

• Simon_FostonSimon_Foston Posts: 398
    Forum Member
    I'm assuming that no-one has considered that she's not real - and nor is "heaven".

I have. :) I posted some ideas on the subject at drwho-online.co.uk but haven't had any replies yet.
    We may have had the analogy last night with that Dalek's memory - "Heaven" could be the part of the Doctor's mind/memory and "Missy" is a manifestation of part of his personality.

His own damaged psyche may be the "villain" of this series - perhaps related to him "breaking the rules" when he rescued Caecilius and linking to his new face and "Celtic" accent. (also a neat way to show him having a "feminine" dimension without actually having him played by as a female).

(Interesting note - an "early warning" test for Alzheimers uses a "Memory Impairment Screen" - or "MIS")

Sounds right to me. I can't imagine Missy being anyone else, to be honest, least of all a new version of an established character. I'm just a little surprised no one's said she's Omega yet.
    How about everything we see this series actually taking place inside the Doctor's mind at the split second of his regeneration - showing us what "goes through his mind" in that moment and leading up to us seeing him chose his new face :)

Can't see them going for that, somehow... nice idea, though.
  • thorrthorr Posts: 2,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She is a facet of the dr, the good part, which is why he is so confused at the moment, because part of him is missing.
  • rosariofirerosariofire Posts: 343
    Forum Member
    I'm just glad to see Michelle Gomez in Dr. Who. She is a complete and utter legend.
  • doctor blue boxdoctor blue box Posts: 7,243
    Forum Member
    Really, really hope that whatever/whoever she is that she isn't anything to do with Clara or any alternate echo version of Clara. All that different Clara's stuff was done in series 7 and it would feel like a complete anti climax if that's all missy turned out to be. I feel it would actually ruin the entire series for me if this turned out to be the case.

Never really thought I would like a female master, but if that's what she turned out to be, based on her portrayal so far I think she could pull it off.(although if true would hope to see the regeneration from simm, even if they just used a simm lookalike shown from behind would still be better than nothing)

The Master, the Rani, or a completely new character with her own agenda would all be good. I suspect a new character is the most likely, though if that's true I hope that don't try to shoehorn in a supposed history between her and the doctor like with tasha lem.

Basically, I think anything non Clara related would probably be good, as long as her plan and purpose aren't some complicated timey wimey thing and they just keep it simple.
  • Banks246Banks246 Posts: 521
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm thinking it's something to do with Gallifray!

Which means It wont be as i'm always wrong! :D
  • Face Of JackFace Of Jack Posts: 7,181
    Forum Member
    Really, really hope that whatever/whoever she is that she isn't anything to do with Clara or any alternate echo version of Clara. All that different Clara's stuff was done in series 7 and it would feel like a complete anti climax if that's all missy turned out to be. I feel it would actually ruin the entire series for me if this turned out to be the case.

Never really thought I would like a female master, but if that's what she turned out to be, based on her portrayal so far I think she could pull it off.(although if true would hope to see the regeneration from simm, even if they just used a simm lookalike shown from behind would still be better than nothing)

The Master, the Rani, or a completely new character with her own agenda would all be good. I suspect a new character is the most likely, though if that's true I hope that don't try to shoehorn in a supposed history between her and the doctor like with tasha lem.

Basically, I think anything non Clara related would probably be good, as long as her plan and purpose aren't some complicated timey wimey thing and they just keep it simple.

I'm with you on this !! PL:EASE not let it be to do with Clara or Danny!!! The Rani or someone like the 'Mighty Zodin' would be better ! I'd rather companions were left to be normal humans to be honest!! Please don't mix it up again!!!:o:o:o
  • doctor blue boxdoctor blue box Posts: 7,243
    Forum Member
    I'm assuming that no-one has considered that she's not real - and nor is "heaven".

We may have had the analogy last night with that Dalek's memory - "Heaven" could be the part of the Doctor's mind/memory and "Missy" is a manifestation of part of his personality.

His own damaged psyche may be the "villain" of this series - perhaps related to him "breaking the rules" when he rescued Caecilius and linking to his new face and "Celtic" accent. (also a neat way to show him having a "feminine" dimension without actually having him played by as a female).

(Interesting note - an "early warning" test for Alzheimers uses a "Memory Impairment Screen" - or "MIS")

How about everything we see this series actually taking place inside the Doctor's mind at the split second of his regeneration - showing us what "goes through his mind" in that moment and leading up to us seeing him chose his new face :)
    This sounds like the kind of think Moffat would write, but personally I hope it's not true. We've had lot's of character echoes (dreamlord, multiple Clara's) and for something that the whole built around I'd personally much rather have a real, independent actual character, rather than the whole wishy washy type 'oh she's a part of the doctor' or 'oh she's an aspect of clara'. Just my opinion of course. At the end of the day, whatever she is/isn't has already been written, and above all else I'd just settle for it all to make sense and be resolved fully by the end of the series.
  • doctorcheeseydoctorcheesey Posts: 188
    Forum Member
    I still think she the rani, she has a look of kate o'mara about her............or the valeyard, which would be a interesting spin, as the whole good man bit being a sense of foreboding
  • MinkytheDogMinkytheDog Posts: 5,658
    Forum Member
    This sounds like the kind of think Moffat would write, but personally I hope it's not true..

I meant it to read like a moffat idea so I'm really blown away at you saying that - thanks.

But don't worry - it's not meant to suggest anything that I expect to happen - just a way that the story could be written from this point forward whilst using what we've already seen - just a bit of fun and a way to say that anything's possible in DW.

It shows how easy it is to take a story arc off in any direction and "justify" it - how about the fact that the hippocampus - the area of the brain believed to contain "memory processing" is located in the "nether brain" - didn't even think of that when writing that other "Doctor's memory" stuff.

I could just as easily point out that the mention of a netherSPHERE could be the real key point - a "sphere" could refer to a planet or a "death star". Or I might mention that "Gretchen" went to that "Promised Land" after the Doctor actually used the words "I promise".

There's been a few suggestions of "Missy" sounding like "MIss C" - I might suggest that "mis si" is French for "Taken so" - which conveniently fits with the plot - or "mis c'est" which means "this is set" - suggesting a reference to death as a fixed point.

I like to keep an open mind :)
  • chattswhochattswho Posts: 193
    Forum Member
    She said boyfriend.....

She did indeed say boyfriend & he may have been before marrying his first wife. However the more i see missy i now believe she is the rani
    Forum Member
    Just realised that I suggested the Doctor's memory as a possible "villain" a while back - spooky that it's largely similar to my "silly story" about that "promised land" being the Doctor's own mind....

http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?p=69006133&highlight=#post69006133 - 04-10-2013, 14:52
    I'm thinking that timelords have a similar "relationship" with their regenerations - they exist as "memories" and remain sentient even though they are non-corporeal.

If you've read the Dune sequels, you'll know of Alia being "possessed" by the "memories" or "souls" of her ancestors - dominated by her evil grandfather. Her nephew and niece have the same "voices" but are able to handle them because their mother is present as a memory and her "goodness" massively outweighs the evil. In both cases, they are able to converse with and even share feelings with their deceased ancestors - it's like a pyschic link with their "spirit"

If there's an unused (or even a future) regen in there, he could cause some grief :)

Change "he" in that last line for "she" :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 22
    Forum Member
    drtwelve wrote: »
    ...the woman in the shop that gave Clara the doctor's phone number for Bells of St John...?

I always thought that the woman in the shop who gave Clara the doctor's phone number was an older version of Clara, and I also think that Missy is an older version of Clara, so that would tie in together :)
    Forum Member
    I always thought that the woman in the shop who gave Clara the doctor's phone number was an older version of Clara, and I also think that Missy is an older version of Clara, so that would tie in together :)

Oddly enough, I assumed that it couldn't be Clara in the shop for the obvious reason that people don't usually change THAT much with age.

I tried a few ideas on that without wanting to say it directly at the time.

In short, we were told that millions of Clara's were BORN, lived and died - so they were totally separate people in that respect. In fact, if you look at that logically, they must all have totally different parents - so it's actually far less likely that the millions of "Clara's" can all look the same or even have shared DNA.

Put simply - ANYONE could be a "Clara" in Doctor Who - male, female, black, white - possibly even non-human given that one of them was on Gallifrey well over a thousand years ago.

Incidentally - Michelle Gomez is quite a bit taller than Jenna as well as looking very different from every angle.