Options

My Missy Theory

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7
Forum Member
So this is what I'm thinking, although, knowing the Moff I'm completely wrong. And I'm going off of the first two episodes and the two little scenes so it's not much to go on.

Ok here goes. I think Missy is a completely new character, a Time Lady, and the "promised land" or "heaven" as she keeps calling it, is her TARDIS.

Basically I think she is collecting people who are willing to sacrifice themselves in the name of the doctor in order to use them to save Gallifrey somehow. This bit is tricky until we see more, but I'm thinking she landed her TARDIS around Gretchen on the split second between life and death. With Half-face, she simply repaired him, he is a cyborg after all.

As seen in the 50th, the Doctor hid Gallifrey in a pocket of time or something (I can't exactly remember, been meaning to re-watch the 50th for a while) and when Michelle Gomez was announced her character was called the Gatekeeper of the Nethersphere.

I think the Nethersphere is where Gallifrey has been hidden. The Gatekeeper is "Missy's" given Time Lady name.

I think in the finale the Doctor will discover her plan and we'll see that she has collected people who willingly sacrificed themselves throughout the series in a bid to place them in the stead of the Time Lords. Obviously the Doctor will save the day and find a better way to save the Time Lords.

Anyway I'm probably completely and utterly wrong but I'd love to hear what people think of my theory!

Comments

• Options
    iamianiamian Posts: 1,749
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That sounds as reasonable as anything else I've read and better than many. However being reasonable isn't in Moffatt's lexicon...

Is Missy going to another Bad Wolf? Turning up in most episodes with the final reveal being no more illuminating?
  • Options
    FiregazerFiregazer Posts: 5,888
    Forum Member
    iamian wrote: »
    That sounds as reasonable as anything else I've read and better than many. However being reasonable isn't in Moffatt's lexicon...

Is Missy going to another Bad Wolf? Turning up in most episodes with the final reveal being no more illuminating?

It's becoming a trend I'm a friend. Bad Wolf, Torchwood, Mr. Saxon, Bees, Cracks, Silence, Impossible Girl

Seems these days there always needs to be a "twist".
  • Options
    Sufyaan_KaziSufyaan_Kazi Posts: 3,862
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Do you think that Capaldi "extracting" Journey Blue from her burning ship a fraction before she should have died is a synonym to what Missy is doing. It made me think the tenents of your theory have some legs,

i.e. I'm not sure she may be a timelady but perhaps what happened to Journey Blue was "a clue" to us of what is possible and what Missy is doing.
  • Options
    doctor blue boxdoctor blue box Posts: 7,339
    Forum Member
    I like that this theory has her as a new character, and one who is actually real, rather than all the Clara echo/part of the doctor type theories which I dislike immensely. Sound's good and well thought out. It's as good a guess as any and better than some. don't think anyone will get it spot on, but if this theory was around about right I think that would make for an interesting finale.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7
    Forum Member
    The_Judge_ wrote: »
    Do you think that Capaldi "extracting" Journey Blue from her burning ship a fraction before she should have died is a synonym to what Missy is doing. It made me think the tenents of your theory have some legs,

i.e. I'm not sure she may be a timelady but perhaps what happened to Journey Blue was "a clue" to us of what is possible and what Missy is doing.

Yeah that was another factor for me, like foreshadowing. And I can't think of an example (still need to watch the second episode again, I always watch them twice to catch things I may have missed first time around) but there was something said between the Doctor and Clara as well which made me think this about Missy and her intentions.