Brand new respect for Tom Cruise!!!

1235»

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 16,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kameko wrote: »
    Since Scientology is obsessed with trying to get people to hand over part of their earnings, I can't see it growing in numbers to a large degree in the current climate.
    Given that they promise to improve you life and prospects then this is just the exact time for drawing in the desperate.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 23
    Forum Member
    whip wrote: »
    Given that they promise to improve you life and prospects then this is just the exact time for drawing in the desperate.

I think people are more aware of Scientology than they were a few years ago. A person would have to be quite sheltered and naieve to fall for the charms and spin of any of the recruiters.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,270
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think people are more aware of Scientology than they were a few years ago. A person would have to be quite sheltered and naieve to fall for the charms and spin of any of the recruiters.

Which is a fair point, if they were in fact honest and open about their recruitment methods, but they're not. Half the time you don't even know they're Scientologists.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 16,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What you mean like Tom Cruise? Anybody can get caught by these people if they are at a low mental ebb.
    Forum Member
    Tom Cruise is a celebrity. Most of them are strange in one way or another.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,312
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    To me, Tom Cruise will always be the crazy nutter from the Oprah show :o I stopped watching his movies because I cannot separate the nutter from character. I just see a crazy dude.
  • nw0307nw0307 Posts: 10,917
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can't stomach the guy and never have been able to since the days of Top Gun. I always think, when watching him, he's just playing Tom Cruise. Same old performance. Just one of those actors you can't believe when in character.

Now.... on a personal level, and obviously subjective on my part but he comes across as creepy, controlling, narcissistic, deluded, sinister and false. His more normal interviews seem like he's acting to be normal and then there are the wacko one's which just show how crazy he can be. That wife of his looks dead in the eyes and I'm pretty sure she's just a contract bride.

If pro-Tom FMs think we're harsh here, I suggest you go on US websites....they really lay into him. :eek: The Suri 'coat-watch' being the funniest. Pimping her out every day to the paps during autumn and winter in New York without so much as a coat, while they wore coat and scarves. Poor thing. Even Brangelina don't pimp their kids out as much.

And don't get me started on the whole Katie pregnancy, baby bump, birth fiasco to hide when and where Suri was born/concieved. ALLEGEDLY :p Hey, and I haven't even mentioned Scientology! :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,270
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    nw0307 wrote: »
    I can't stomach the guy and never have been able to since the days of Top Gun. I always think, when watching him, he's just playing Tom Cruise. Same old performance. Just one of those actors you can't believe when in character.

Now.... on a personal level, and obviously subjective on my part but he comes across as creepy, controlling, narcissistic, deluded, sinister and false. His more normal interviews seem like he's acting to be normal and then there are the wacko one's which just show how crazy he can be. That wife of his looks dead in the eyes and I'm pretty sure she's just a contract bride.

If pro-Tom FMs think we're harsh here, I suggest you go on US websites....they really lay into him. :eek: The Suri 'coat-watch' being the funniest. Pimping her out every day to the paps during autumn and winter in New York without so much as a coat, while they wore coat and scarves. Poor thing. Even Brangelina don't pimp their kids out as much.

And don't get me started on the whole Katie pregnancy, baby bump, birth fiasco to hide when and where Suri was born/concieved. ALLEGEDLY :p Hey, and I haven't even mentioned Scientology! :D

I get the feeling you're not a Tom fan ;)
    Forum Member
    nw0307 wrote: »

If pro-Tom FMs think we're harsh here

I'm not really pro nor anti. I don't see how his personality or religion should affect whether or not I enjoy his films. If everyone didn't like an actor's films based on these things, none of us would have anything we would watch.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 23,570
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Kenz wrote: »
    Cruise is a nauseating, pre-fabricated plank! I despise his personality, his pathetic insincerity, his acting, everything! He is a complete waste of oxygen!

Questioned about he obvious twisting of history in his new low-brow flick, all he could answer was that "people should look at the history" and that in answer to the fact that von Stauffenberg was a genuine Nazi (i.e. not one who simply jumped on the bandwagon but one who believed in everything they stood for), simply replied "that's not what I found".

Incredible - he's re-writing history to make a fast buck for his loony cult and he can't even be bothered to think of a half-decent answer to some serious accusations! But then again, he's hardly the sharpest tool in the box...
    I can't stand Tom Cruise. I USED to think he was such a decent chap and that Scientology could not be all that bad if he was the poster boy for it. Thankfully I now know a lot better.;)
    And in view of the fact his favourite Nazi was a known anti-semite, who's to say the final solution might still have gone ahead even without Hitler.:cool: