Options

Wagner NEEDS to win!

2»

Comments

• Options
    CloudyECloudyE Posts: 9,230
    Forum Member
    SlashNX wrote: »
    If Wagner wins, Simon will be forced to invest his money and back a spectacular commercial failure.

That'll teach him for fixing the show and treating the audience like idiots!

Plus Wagner will get a few more minutes of fame, everyones a winner but Cowell! :D

And the point is? To ruin a show that many love?

It is very small minded to think that Wagner winning would financially hurt Simon in some way, he may play at being bothered but TBH, it would be a drop in the ocean and pretty pointless.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think Simon would care about losing a bit of money if Wagner won but I do believe it might be the end of Xfactor if he did and that would probably sting him a bit. Plus Simon would look a bit of a fool.
  • Options
    yawalloperyawalloper Posts: 6,561
    Forum Member
    Coen wrote: »
    Simon must be used to X Factor winners being commercial failures by now, so he can't really be that bothered about what would happen if Wagner were to win.

I reckon he's a Wagner fan tbh.

I'd agree with that. The show, in general, supports the idea that any publicity is good (even bad), thats been made entirely clear with the various "outrageous" decisions and wildly inaccurate comments made be simon et al (apart from danni).

Jedward are also a good indication of what people will buy into.
  • Options
    BananafishBananafish Posts: 13,889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is this the grand 'achievement' that the Wagner voters are after? What you're actually saying is that the people voting for Wagner want the show finished. Why don't they just watch something else?

If an 'event' show like X-Factor isn't supplying the entertainment in the way it should do, people will find another way to provide it.

It's Cowell's failing, not the public's. People don't like being taken for mugs, even though it's taken them 7 years to wake up. And the British especially love to tear someone down if they don't feel the hype is justified. X-Factor is literally overflowing with unjustified hype in all areas.

A backlash was under way last year, this year they played a dangerous game by supplying another lightning rod in the form of Wagner for ratings. And completely underestimated his likeability, while completely overestimating the likeability of the other contestants at the expense of Gamu.

And so the perfect storm began brewing, and now Wagner is taking down the show from the inside out. It's poetry in motion.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 129
    Forum Member
    yawalloper wrote: »
    I'd agree with that. The show, in general, supports the idea that any publicity is good (even bad), thats been made entirely clear with the various "outrageous" decisions and wildly inaccurate comments made be simon et al (apart from danni).

Jedward are also a good indication of what people will buy into.

Jedward were a different animal really....people liked them for wholely different reasons
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,599
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CloudyE wrote: »

It is very small minded to think that Wagner winning would financially hurt Simon in some way, he may play at being bothered but TBH, it would be a drop in the ocean and pretty pointless.

a drop in the ocean is still a drop compared to what he could have made having successful runners up and successful winner.

I think it would just be quite funny to see Cowell having to back Wagner in interviews and being forced to basically throw his money away.

The shows been on a steep decline for a few years now with all the stupid twists and fixes. The only thing thats ruined the show is Cowells greed for TV domination and money!
  • Options
    yawalloperyawalloper Posts: 6,561
    Forum Member
    scrappy555 wrote: »
    I don't think Simon would care about losing a bit of money if Wagner won but I do believe it might be the end of Xfactor if he did and that would probably sting him a bit. Plus Simon would look a bit of a fool.
    He's just signed a 3 year (I think it's 3 years) deal with itv for x factor. In 3 years time the format will probably be tired and will be axed anyway (although will probably pop back up as something else a'la pop idol which is basically the original format).

No matter what the outcome....Mr Cowell will never be the loser in the end.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    CloudyE wrote: »

It's not though. think about wagner winning in itself it sends a huge statement. dont you think fixing the show editing it certain ways having same old same old is going anywhere? making people do daft ballads. alexandra burke leona lewis...cool but another one = overkill boring.

leon jackson, joe mceldery whats the point of them winning? They're nobodies already.

Plus its been proven some acts do a lot better not winning. x factor can turn talent into stage managed rubbish.
  • Options
    CharlotteswebCharlottesweb Posts: 18,680
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mysteryxxx wrote: »
    500k at 3.99 you sure? and thats first week alone votes are only 35p so they'd need 10 million to get 3 million and not all of it goes to them.

Cowell doesnt get £3.99

He gets about 30p of a single sale, if hes lucky.
  • Options
    Reality SucksReality Sucks Posts: 28,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mysteryxxx wrote: »
    It's a protest vote for many reasons hes the perfect man to do it. X factor IMO destroys music to a certain extent. I think they overkill makeup costumes and manufactur raw talented people. And now this year they have fixed the show in so many aspects. This is not the essence of what it was created for. Wagner winning would change this idea they can get away with doing this time and time again.

Well, I don''t think it would. They'd just dump the format.Every show has it's life span. I've been through several decades of music and the mass market has always been commercial. You won't find bands like The Pogues or Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds appealing to the masses. X factor is a Saturday night entertainment show which 11 million people tune into every week because they like watching it. When the ratings drop naturally the show should finish, not by artificially inflating the popularity of an untalented idiot and depriving someone with genuine talent to get some air time.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,652
    Forum Member
    I think the point being missed here is that Simon is taking X to America, and as an American on here said Wagner winning would look mighty stupid and I agree with him, he would look totally crazy, his own fault for putting in an act that he thought was a *joke* to improve ratings, for me let Wagner win, poetic justice for foolish behaviour by SC et al.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Do you think it's fair to vote for him based on this reason honestly?

What about the talented people on the show that want to do singing as a profession? When they have actual talent while Wagner has nothing? Think about it in that way.

Simon wins at the end of the day anyway. The money goes to him. This show isn't supposed to be about people "showing Simon Cowell **** all" it's about people's future.

Not really. It is fair. Is it fair katie is in the bottom 2 four times? No. Where is the sense of humour we keep letting dull people like leon jackson joe mcel etc win. Why not someone different and entertaining? Is it fair? yes. there's 100's of reasons for voting for wagner. peoples futures...if theyre good enough they'll do well without the x factor anyway.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think the point being missed here is that Simon is taking X to America, and as an American on here said Wagner winning would look mighty stupid and I agree with him, he would look totally crazy, his own fault for putting in an act that he thought was a *joke* to improve ratings, for me let Wagner win, poetic justice for foolish behaviour by SC et al.

Maybe the Americans would just think that the British are a peculiar people for voting for the least talented performer. They tend to celebrate talent out there.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bananafish wrote: »
    If an 'event' show like X-Factor isn't supplying the entertainment in the way it should do, people will find another way to provide it.

It's Cowell's failing, not the public's. People don't like being taken for mugs, even though it's taken them 7 years to wake up. And the British especially love to tear someone down if they don't feel the hype is justified. X-Factor is literally overflowing with unjustified hype in all areas.

A backlash was under way last year, this year they played a dangerous game by supplying another lightning rod in the form of Wagner for ratings. And completely underestimated his likeability, while completely overestimating the likeability of the other contestants at the expense of Gamu.

And so the perfect storm began brewing, and now Wagner is taking down the show from the inside out. It's poetry in motion.

The vast majority of people won't be voting for Wagner. If it was vote to evict he would have been out week 1. It's only the campaign that's keeping him in. Once people start voting seriously he'll be gone, like Jedward last year. Aiden going last week was a big wake up call for people to vote for their favourites.

By the way - I don't feel like a mug for watching the X factor. Sure I can see through the manipulation/corny backing music, but without it what you have is New Faces.

Cheryl had a difficult choice with the four girls. Really should have been all four going through. Not sure why Gamu wasn't picked for the wild card, and that was the worst decision IMO. I have a feeling it was to do with her visa. The backlash against Katie has been despicable because it wasn't her doing.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The vast majority of people won't be voting for Wagner. If it was vote to evict he would have been out week 1. It's only the campaign that's keeping him in. Once people start voting seriously he'll be gone, like Jedward last year. Aiden going last week was a big wake up call for people to vote for their favourites.

By the way - I don't feel like a mug for watching the X factor. Sure I can see through the manipulation/corny backing music, but without it what you have is New Faces.

Cheryl had a difficult choice with the four girls. Really should have been all four going through. Not sure why Gamu wasn't picked for the wild card, and that was the worst decision IMO. I have a feeling it was to do with her visa. The backlash against Katie has been despicable because it wasn't her doing.

All you need to do was watch Must Be The Music to see how much of a mug viewers of X-Factor are being taken for. It's just fake drama in the form of a talent contest, in the same way professional wrestling is fake drama in the form of a sport. X-Factor is entertainment, nothing more, and people can get their entertainment from it in whatever way they see fit.

Jedward's exit was engineered by Cowell saving them instead of Lucie, it got lots of attention and created a backlash against them. It neutered the anti-Cowell vote in the process as well. If Wagner is never in the bottom 2, they can't do this.

Wagner is a very different kettle of fish to Jedward, he's actually the voice of sanity in a circus of the mad. The faux seriousness has been shown up this year time and time again for the scripted nonsense it is. People are voting for the only one who is taking the show for what it is and having a laugh at it all.

As each week goes by, it's clear Wagner's support is much greater than people think. We shall see tonight if he does it again, and the closer he gets to the final the more people see it as possible and the more people get behind it.

This is one fire which Cowell may not be able to put out.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bananafish wrote: »
    All you need to do was watch Must Be The Music to see how much of a mug viewers of X-Factor are being taken for. It's just fake drama in the form of a talent contest, in the same way professional wrestling is fake drama in the form of a sport. X-Factor is entertainment, nothing more, and people can get their entertainment from it in whatever way they see fit.

Jedward's exit was engineered by Cowell saving them instead of Lucie, it got lots of attention and created a backlash against them. It neutered the anti-Cowell vote in the process as well. If Wagner is never in the bottom 2, they can't do this.

Wagner is a very different kettle of fish to Jedward, he's actually the voice of sanity in a circus of the mad. The faux seriousness has been shown up this year time and time again for the scripted nonsense it is. People are voting for the only one who is taking the show for what it is and having a laugh at it all.

As each week goes by, it's clear Wagner's support is much greater than people think. We shall see tonight if he does it again, and the closer he gets to the final the more people see it as possible and the more people get behind it.

This is one fire which Cowell may not be able to put out.

Maybe you're right, but just remember that when you start fires you usually end up with ashes;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Maybe you're right, but just remember that when you start fires you usually end up with ashes;)

And from ashes can rise a phoenix ;)

Which to be fair, already happened on Sky a few months ago.