Drinks in the Olympic Park

MD1500MD1500 Posts: 14,234
Forum Member
✭✭
I understand that you are not allowed to take drinks larger than 100ml into the park.... Are there plenty of drinks available in the park?! Can I take a larger empty bottle?!

Comments

• MARTYM8MARTYM8 Posts: 44,710
    Forum Member
    There are water fountains if you have an empty bottle - usually located next to the toilet blocks - but they can be hard to find.

Otherwise its £4.20 for beer/cider, £6 for a Pimms (not called that though), about £2.30 for a bottle of coke/fanta etc and £1.60 for bottled water.
  • Muttley76Muttley76 Posts: 97,888
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MARTYM8 wrote: »
    There are water fountains if you have an empty bottle - usually located next to the toilet blocks - but they can be hard to find.

Otherwise its £4.20 for beer/cider, £6 for a Pimms (not called that though), about £2.30 for a bottle of coke/fanta etc and £1.60 for bottled water.

I disagree they are hard to find, personally, if you can't see one in your line of sight there will be a games maker within 20 yards who can show you. The bigger issue for me was that people seemed to all gather round the same one, forming lines, when two minutes walk away there were no lines at all, even if they are told this by the games makers.
  • MD1500MD1500 Posts: 14,234
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks for the help.
    Do they sell Sprite too?
  • MARTYM8MARTYM8 Posts: 44,710
    Forum Member
    MD1500 wrote: »
    Thanks for the help.
    Do they sell Sprite too?

Yes - if coca cola make it they sell it.

No pepsi though!:D
  • MandarkMandark Posts: 47,963
    Forum Member
    Thanks for the help.
    Do they sell Sprite too?
    Drink sellers walk around with backpacks. I found it hard to find anyone near the stadium selling soft drinks. They were nearly all selling Heineken at extortionate prices.

The whole water fountain thing was ridiculous really. People having to queue to fill their little (and not so little) plastic bottles with slow flowing water. Reminded me of when the water gets cut and they have to bring in mobile water tanks!! Then you get stuck behind a group filling about 10 bottles. But the people were very patient. I couldn't see this working in America though. There would be riots!! :D
  • Mood IndigoMood Indigo Posts: 4,084
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the help.
    Do they sell Sprite too?

I think they do sell sprite.... we only bought cider, wine or Pimms (fruit cup as they call it ) when we were there, which makes it sound as if we spent the whole time on the lash:p!!

Re water: we brought a big empty evian bottle and some little ones; but when we filled up the big one, (which was a bit awkward from the fountain), no one wanted to carry it around! The Park is very,very big and you'll be doing alot of walking, so you really don't want to be carrying too much around with you. Just bring the bear minimum that you need for the day.
  • paulbrockpaulbrock Posts: 16,632
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    had no problem with finding drinking water to fill bottles. A small queue occasionally but that's about it.

A little frustrated at one of the bars as the queues that formed meant that one queue led to only one, slow bartender, but each of the others led to two or three. hey ho.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 78
    Forum Member
    At several of the bars you can get a pint for £4.60 as an alternative to the 330ml bottle for £4.20
  • IgnazioIgnazio Posts: 18,695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I paid £25 for a bottle of sparkling rosé at BT London Live Hyde Park. A bit of a rip off - but it didn't spoil our fun.
  • OpaqueOpaque Posts: 5,286
    Forum Member
    Hyde Park was a totally different sort of thing run by BT not the Olympic people though wasn't it?
    People not being allowed to bring food in etc according to my gf who went there one Saturday.

The water fountains in some places were indeed being run off water tanks somewhere and had no pressure atall. I was at Earls Court and queued for an hour to fill my bottle up. It was a dribble as there was zero pressure. The long tap was dribbling and the two side ones didn't work atall. But I'd started so I finished, and I have a story of an Olympic 'event' :P

Had no problem outside the Hockey filling my bottle up in seconds though.
  • StrictlyRedStrictlyRed Posts: 12,451
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mandark wrote: »
    Drink sellers walk around with backpacks. I found it hard to find anyone near the stadium selling soft drinks. They were nearly all selling Heineken at extortionate prices.

]The whole water fountain thing was ridiculous really. People having to queue to fill their little (and not so little) plastic bottles with slow flowing water. Reminded me of when the water gets cut and they have to bring in mobile water tanks!! Then you get stuck behind a group filling about 10 bottles. But the people were very patient. I couldn't see this working in America though. There would be riots!! :D

We had 6 bottles.:o

We also had an Italian lady pretending she didn't understand that it was a queue and trying to jump in............................................she wasn't successful.:cool::D