Four in a Bed :: New Series (Part 3)

Comments

• Options
    ewoodieewoodie Posts: 26,759
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Torch81 wrote: »
    LOL. :D

Regarding 'poo-gate' for tomorrow, there must be an explanation, there's no way someone could have cleaned a room and missed something like that! :confused:

We had a poo/log-gate last series.
  • Options
    ShrikeShrike Posts: 16,607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well I've never had haggis for breakfast in Scotland:confused: Silly woman lives in Edinburgh too so I've no idea where she got the notion it was so important as to mark down the breakfast. Thing is that to properly cook haggis takes about an hour's boiling, so its an unlikely traditional breakfast item. Square sausage now...
  • Options
    nuttytiggernuttytigger Posts: 14,053
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Shrike wrote: »
    Well I've never had haggis for breakfast in Scotland:confused: Silly woman lives in Edinburgh too so I've no idea where she got the notion it was so important as to mark down the breakfast. Thing is that to properly cook haggis takes about an hour's boiling, so its an unlikely traditional breakfast item. Square sausage now...

I was at Berwick-Upon-Tweed at the weekend and was VERY surprised they didn't seem to sell square sausage on the breakfast menu, I think they would make a killing if they did. Luckily my mum took some for us lol.
  • Options
    Gemo52Gemo52 Posts: 128,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Square sausage is Lorne sausage. Halls do packs with it in. They also do fruit pudding, haggis, and black pudding.
  • Options
    Torch81Torch81 Posts: 15,611
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ewoodie wrote: »
    We had a poo/log-gate last series.

I don't recall it. Did it get satisfactorily resolved?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gemo52 wrote: »
    Square sausage is Lorne sausage. Halls do packs with it in. They also do fruit pudding, haggis, and black pudding.

Hope you aren't telling me that :o:p:p

I didn't realise until I was about 10 that links existed!

Also the only "links" I buy are the skinless sausages on that link. I used to love the Wee Willie Winkies as well.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hope you aren't telling me that :o:p:p

I didn't realise until I was about 10 that links existed!

Also the only "links" I buy are the skinless sausages on that link. I used to love the Wee Willie Winkies as well.

I would have quoted you if I was. :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I would have quoted you if I was. :p

Hehe I knew you weren't, hence the smileys. I do love my square sausage.
  • Options
    mojo5000mojo5000 Posts: 54,086
    Forum Member
    All this breakfast talk is making me hungry for black pudding :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mojo5000 wrote: »
    All this breakfast talk is making me hungry for black pudding :p

I once had a square sausage with black pudding in the middle of it - it was HEAVEN!!! I have never managed to see it again even when I loiter outside the butchers.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I once had a square sausage with black pudding in the middle of it - it was HEAVEN!!! I have never managed to see it again even when I loiter outside the butchers.

I think I’ve seen that in Tescos.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think I’ve seen that in Tescos.

My mum had got it from a butchers. So its probably available in Tescos/etc but I want the one she had lol, as I have a packet of square sausage from Aldi and its utter crap, keeps breaking up when I try to fry it.

I think they have changed it, as I used to love it from there.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 478
    Forum Member

Get over to Morrisons, they do it. Makes a great piece with plain bread :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I've never seen it in Morrisons. I will check next time I wander down.

You do know I am Scottish?
  • Options
    TheGrumpWizardTheGrumpWizard Posts: 1,547
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You'll need to translate that for the hard of Scottish forumers. There's a lot around!

The rare occasions I have a fried breakfast these days, what do I miss from my days north of the border is a fried tattie scone*. Bacon, egg and a couple of those. Delicious.

*potato scone, rhymes with gone. :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    *potato scone, rhymes with gone. :p

I think it rhymes with tone!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I've never seen it in Morrisons. I will check next time I wander down.

You do know I am Scottish?

Yes I do :) and the Morrisons stuff is rather nice. They also do the Simon Howie stuff which is lovely.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes I do :) and the Morrisons stuff is rather nice. They also do the Simon Howie stuff which is lovely.

I wondered with the way you worded the last post hehe.

I shall certainly go there when I can.

However I have a husband that doesn't like plain bread!!!! Well he eats it but pan is his preference.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I wondered with the way you worded the last post hehe.

I shall certainly go there when I can.

However I have a husband that doesn't like plain bread!!!! Well he eats it but pan is his preference.

To be fair to your hubby, pan bread does make a nicer bacon sandwich!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    To be fair to your hubby, pan bread does make a nicer bacon sandwich!

NOOOO!!!!

I don't like bacon (I call it ham) and I certainly don't like pan bread.

I remember my mum had a 4 slice toaster, but rather than it being 4 in a row, it was the opposite, so she could toast plain bread comfortably.
  • Options
    BlueEyedMrsPBlueEyedMrsP Posts: 12,178
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yesterday's episode: first off, I was really taken with the view, just gorgeous. Reminded me so much of Canada. Loved the bagpipes, but even as Mark said, it would get on your bits if you were staying there for a few days. :D Mark got the wrong egg with his breakfast, but why would you not say something straight away? :confused: 'Oh, I ordered a poached egg, could you fix that for me?' Not difficult, but then not saying anything gives them reason to mark it down.

When they were having an evening meal, the mom from the first night, the way that she laughed, I said to my husband her mouth moves in a strange way, almost like a ventriloquist puppet. He said maybe she's had botox. She is quite shiny. I'm going to watch more closely now. :D
  • Options
    Hershey2Hershey2 Posts: 514
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I said to my husband her mouth moves in a strange way, almost like a ventriloquist puppet.

Snap! I was going to say exactly the same thing! It is very odd how she does that.

The bagpipes at eight o'clock every morning! Are you kidding me! I wouldn't be happy with that if I was staying there.
  • Options
    BirthdayGirlBirthdayGirl Posts: 64,285
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hershey2 wrote: »
    Snap! I was going to say exactly the same thing! It is very odd how she does that.

The bagpipes at eight o'clock every morning! Are you kidding me! I wouldn't be happy with that if I was staying there.

...and dont forget the clarinet as well!
  • Options
    roddydogsroddydogs Posts: 10,308
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Great Views/cheap if only it was in Surrey not Scotland.
  • Options
    Hershey2Hershey2 Posts: 514
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ...and dont forget the clarinet as well!

Oh heck yes, how did I forget about that little delight.
This discussion has been closed.