✭✭✭
Starts on Thursday 11th Sept.

Trailer

Recap

Comments

• fenlanderfenlander Posts: 2,197
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That recap is a masterpiece! Did all that really happen in one episode?
  • Pisces CloudPisces Cloud Posts: 30,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It must have, lol. I will have to watch it again before the new series starts. Refresh my memory. :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not a great opening episode, but will be interesting to see how long they'll go with Mara before bringing back Audrey.
  • zoundszounds Posts: 10,730
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So glad to have Haven back, I've loved it since day 1, and can't believe we're now into season 5 as my favourite shows always seem to get cancelled!

Have got the first episode, but haven't watched it yet as I've decided to watch season 4 again (seems so long ago, so I need more than a recap!), knowing that there are 26 new episodes to come is a great feeling.
  • TWSTWS Posts: 9,307
    Forum Member
    Not a great opening episode, but will be interesting to see how long they'll go with Mara before bringing back Audrey.

Hopefully not long they dragged the Lexi thing out long enough in the barn, wasn't too bad as once in haven it was only an ep really before Duke found out she was Audrey. Have a feeling though that they will drag the Mara and William thing out
  • natalie77natalie77 Posts: 2,468
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    zounds wrote: »
    So glad to have Haven back, I've loved it since day 1, and can't believe we're now into season 5 as my favourite shows always seem to get cancelled!

Have got the first episode, but haven't watched it yet as I've decided to watch season 4 again (seems so long ago, so I need more than a recap!), knowing that there are 26 new episodes to come is a great feeling.

I believe those 26 episodes are being shown over this year and next year not all in one go which in reality just means that actually we have a 13 episode s5 and a 13 episode s6 ;-)
  • Matt DMatt D Posts: 13,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    natalie77 wrote: »
    I believe those 26 episodes are being shown over this year and next year not all in one go which in reality just means that actually we have a 13 episode s5 and a 13 episode s6 ;-)

Yup.

Syfy does this a lot - renews a show for an "extra-large season", only to split that season in half, over two years, so it is effectively two normal-length seasons. [and then of course it's cancelled after]

I believe it's because renewing for 1 x 26 ep season, to spread over two years, is cheaper than renewing for 1 x 13 episodes for this year, and then doing the same for the following year - it avoids having to renegotiate again with the cast etc.
  • geosgeos Posts: 1,067
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Only got into Haven after Eureka ended, But I love it. I have no idea where its going to go this season, but do have a feeling It will be all about Mara, they have been mentioning it for so long about who she originally was, can't really see them dropping it after a few episodes like Lexxi.
  • SattregaSattrega Posts: 85,046
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone still watching?

Five episodes in to season 5 and I'm starting to lose patience with the show now. The Mara story-line is dragging to say the least and I'm finding myself drifting more and more during episodes.
  • geosgeos Posts: 1,067
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Im finding it a chore to watch as well, I dont know whats happened to it. I have no clue what is going on. I hope the Lexi / Parker thing doesn't drag on all season, and Vince and his brother, why all the sudden tension and hate between them. The whole thing is just annoying me for some reason.

I like Sasquatch and Gloria, more of them please!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't know if it was a wise move to go down this route with Audrey. Anyway, still enjoying the show but mainly because of the other characters, as I agree, that the Mara thing is dragging on for too long. I don't know where they can go with this, though.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Glad to see I'm not the only one struggling. I'm just wondering how long they plan to stretch out the "Treat Mara like Audrey" plot-line. It's bordering on the tedious, now.

I'm interested to see where the Dave/Vince story is going but I hope that isn't going to be dragged out for most if not all the season, too.

Gloria and Dwight are definitely the most entertaining of the characters right now. Their body-swap in the recent episode was good fun.
  • GibraltarianGibraltarian Posts: 122
    Forum Member
    Glad to see Im not the only one who's struggling with HAVEN. Season 5 has become a massive chore to watch, and the only reason I persevere is knowing that a further season 6 was greenlit (really an extended season 5) and that will probably be the last ever series if SyFy keep to their final season supersize ruling.

Season 5 is probably the worst thing to have happened to HAVEN. Having started as a modest little show, the series grew substantially as it developed its series mythos over subsequent series. It also morphed from a light meek show into a bolder darker show.

Now season 5 comes along and ruins it all. The whole Mara storyline has been stretched too long. Audrey is the primary character on the show, and the reason many people watch. Previous incarnations of Audrey have featured on-screen but have had briefer runs, and that worked quite well. Having Audrey be the baddie in the show via the guise of Mara and playing it out for ages whilst Audrey is mostly absent - excepting the brief appearances she makes by breaking through Mara in what is possibly the worst on screen performance for a multiple character within one character!

The interesting thing this season for me is the whole Vince and Dave story. For four years it has been hinted that they know more about the Troubles and writers never really exploited their story / involvement till now.

If I had not invested five years into the show, and in the knowledge that there is only next year left, I would have quit the show already. Haven season 5 - NOT GOOD AT ALL!
  • TouristaTourista Posts: 14,338
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Mara storyline has dragged on too long, and it is a struggle to watch the show now. The show went wrong when William came along in my opinion.

As others have said, it if wasn't for the fact that I have invested time in watching over the last few years, Haven would be off my watch list.
  • natalie77natalie77 Posts: 2,468
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Phew I'm so glad to hear I'm not alone in finding season 5 of Haven a chore to watch I really don't like giving up with shows especially if they have been so good in the past but if this season doesn't start getting better that's what I think I'll be doing as I'm just not enjoying the storylines or the characters at the moment :( they really need to drop the Mara storyline ASAP surely they won't drag it out all season? >:(
  • olivejolivej Posts: 14,696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    not sure if I am watching at US pace or not, I am on season 5, episode 3.........

I just have a Haven question really - Im a little confused.......

why does the Haven Herald have to 'make up stories' to cover the troubles? I thought that everyone who lived in Haven was aware of the 'troubles' and that is why they lived there? why would the local newspaper need to cover up the troubles by reporting them as gas leaks etc :confused:
  • TouristaTourista Posts: 14,338
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    natalie77 wrote: »
    :( they really need to drop the Mara storyline ASAP surely they won't drag it out all season? >:(

Well, not only have we Mara to contend with, but now Audrey is back!.:D

When the "resurrection" explosion subsided I really hoped it was Jennifer who was brought back. Now I am sure we will get stories where Duke is hand wringing and angry over why Audrey came back for Nathan instead of Jennifer for him.
  • TWSTWS Posts: 9,307
    Forum Member
    Tourista wrote: »
    Well, not only have we Mara to contend with, but now Audrey is back!.:D

When the "resurrection" explosion subsided I really hoped it was Jennifer who was brought back. Now I am sure we will get stories where Duke is hand wringing and angry over why Audrey came back for Nathan instead of Jennifer for him.

The reincarnation trouble was contained in that room, so the only person it could affect is Mara as she is the only one who had a past life.
  • fenlanderfenlander Posts: 2,197
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If Mara and Audrey start switching I'll be off to watch my Teletubbies box set.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well, I didn't see that ending coming so kudos to them for that. However, the downside is we still have Mara. I swear, she better not reform, fall for Duke and then the four of them start double dating!!

Good to have the mention of the Colorado Kid again after all this time. Nice tie-in to the fact that nobody back then remembers what happened to him.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It annoys me when characters are stupid.

It was immediately obvious that the photos needed to be *printed* for the person to disappear. It was right there! Amy told them she only printed her favourites, and they (and we) then saw that her favourite prints included the people who vanished.

And yet they were all too stupid to figure it out, and ended up having to deal with Mara to get the answer...
  • SideshowMarkSideshowMark Posts: 492
    Forum Member
    My tolerance for this stuff must be fairly high. I'm enjoying this season. Although this weeks return to focus on the "trouble of the week" has been the weakest episode so far. Doesn't help that the trouble, as highlighted in the post above, had a particularly weak resolution.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just noticed that this started airing again last week in America. Episodes 14 and 15 then episode 16 last night. It seems ages ago since it was last on so will have to watch the last episode from last year first to recap, I think. :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So, did anyone bother with the final season?

It *really* dragged for me, with some episodes in particular especially tedious (sandman).

The *very* end was OK though.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought I was the only one still watching. I thought the ending tied the series up well. Was a bit disappointed about Duke.