Corrie and EE (maybe emmerdale to)...

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 110
Forum Member
I think Corrie and EE (EMD to maybe) have really worn thin...and i think the reason for this is the 5 nights a week showings.
i really belive that the soaps have run out of steam, i think the 5 nights worked for a while but because they have to think of so much more things to do that there are srcaping thebottom of the barrell.
I say bring back the one night corrie the next EE then back to corrie..ect...like it use to be, just give them a bit of a rest, breath some life back into them.

what do you think?

don't get me wrong i love EE and corrie...but im starting to get a bit bored.

Comments

• MarkiebMarkieb Posts: 1,496
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree completley although EE is only on 4 days a week.

Quailty not quantity
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 110
    Forum Member
    it is...opps...but you know what i mean, like corries on twice on monday, twice on firday ..its just to much soap...and i for one love soap, but i would like it to be better and less showings a week, than lots of showing and running it thin.
  • Stupid_HeadStupid_Head Posts: 37,826
    Forum Member
    Maybe it would help them.

Corrie doesn't need the double episodes, they rarely have anything big enough to warrant them anyway. And Eastenders should go back to Mon/Tues/Thurs.
  • GulftasticGulftastic Posts: 127,194
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I agree entirely. I only watch Emmerdale regularly out of the 'big three' but it has definitely suffered by having to fill 3 hours a week.

The hour long tuesday ep used to be a special occasion thing, and as such it usually warrented the extra running time. Nowadays it's just routine, and any od plot is used.

Cutting back to even 2 and a half hours would yeild benefits, I'm sure.l
  • RelugusRelugus Posts: 12,044
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    EE should be 3 eps a week with a fourth (hour long) episode appearing on special occasions.
  • Bunk MorelandBunk Moreland Posts: 1,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The double Corrie episodes are a joke tbh, just no need at all.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,216
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I 'look' forward to my nightly fix of Emmerdale and more so on the Tuesday night extended eps BUT with a truly objective hat on I have to admit that I think it sometimes suffers from too much padding.

Corrie's format of split episodes I find annoying and some of the 'cliff hangers' are laughable. I have to admit to have rather switched off from Corrie recently.
  • Cal2008Cal2008 Posts: 2,173
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree to the soaps need to cut back as the eps do feel like they paded out so they could cut the big ones to 3 times a week.
  • Dan SDan S Posts: 1,625
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah I agree. Emmerdales (not so special) hour episodes should be cut aswell as Corries two-eps a night.
  • SuperSoaperSuperSoaper Posts: 5,724
    Forum Member
    I'd hate to lose an Eastenders episode. I think the writing is strong enough. They've being doing four episodes a week since 2001 now, and they've only had one or two bad years.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 22
    Forum Member
    Yeah i agree i think EE should have 3 episodes a week n corrie shouldn't have double episodes. It would make storylines seem longer 2 x
  • MarkiebMarkieb Posts: 1,496
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would like to see this happen but i very much doubt it will

After all not everyone likes soaps

Also I think Holby and Casulty need to go back to 6 months a year at least