Options

Blanche's last words... a little disappointing

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 697
Forum Member
✭✭
Is it me or is this a bit disappointing http://tv.sky.com/coronation-street-blanches-last-words ??
For a character as funny as Blanche I was expecting something a bit more memorable than that to see her off.

Comments

• Options
    tenchgirltenchgirl Posts: 11,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    it wont have the same comic timing or delivery if read from a letter by dreary or ken but under the circumstances theres not much they can do with this. I suspect Dreary will get "the" phone call shortly.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 521
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It would always be difficult trying to do it by a letter. A character like hers does deserve a better ending.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,189
    Forum Member
    Sammix wrote: »
    Is it me or is this a bit disappointing http://tv.sky.com/coronation-street-blanches-last-words ??
    For a character as funny as Blanche I was expecting something a bit more memorable than that to see her off.

Yeah the words dont seem like Blanche at all she would say something harsher!
  • Options
    Stupid_HeadStupid_Head Posts: 37,826
    Forum Member
    Shame but what can you do really.
  • Options
    Magic8BallMagic8Ball Posts: 3,808
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shame but what can you do really.

They could easily have made a computer generated version of Blanche using all the old clips, just splice together different words to make up her last words, they could do a split-screen phone call thing.

They did it for Arnold Schwartzenegger in Terminator Salvation.
  • Options
    VoodooChicVoodooChic Posts: 9,868
    Forum Member
    I read she was going to send Christmas cards to everyone but telling each character what she thought of them....obviously not. A shame it would have been funny.

I have high hopes for her funeral - I want it to be full of mishaps and good taste comedy moments