World Cup Final: Netherlands v Spain; Johannesburg; KO @ 7.30; Live on BBC/ITV/HD

BigFoot87BigFoot87 Posts: 9,293
Forum Member
It stared on June 11th.

It ends today.

Tonight, the new Champions of the World will be revealed.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 18,071
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wonder if we gonna get another "Did I just see that?" moment like with Zidane.. :D

Hopefully this will not be a snooze fest..

I'm all in favour of releasing some lions.. after a HT 0:0, especially as most of them seem to be Christians.. ;)
  • HetalHetal Posts: 5,415
    Forum Member
    Does anyone actually watch the final on ITV and if so are you stupid? I really don't see the point of it.

Anyway, I reckon Spain will win either 1-0 or 2-1 with David Villa scoring the winner. :)
  • Cantona07Cantona07 Posts: 56,910
    Forum Member
    No one watches on ITV.
  • yakutzyakutz Posts: 10,994
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hetal wrote: »
    Does anyone actually watch the final on ITV and if so are you stupid? I really don't see the point of it.

Anyway, I reckon Spain will win either 1-0 or 2-1 with David Villa scoring the winner. :)

I think even ITV realise this, with their little montage of the World Cup last night. I'll be shocked if they get 10% of the BBC's viewers.

Can't wait for the final, though I'll be gutted it's over. Not got a clue who will win, though, they've both been very solid all tournament, if unspectacular, and if they both get out of second gear today, it could be a classic final.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Adrian Chiles: Please do join us.. to see our ads randomly sprinkled around anything important,

Yesterday on HD it happened again...
  • Pink_PounderPink_Pounder Posts: 13,168
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'll be kind of glad when the World Cup is over. Sky Sports News have really been milking it with their multiple 'World Cup Reports' for half hour every hour. There isn't THAT much to discuss about one game, even if it is the World Cup final.
  • BigFoot87BigFoot87 Posts: 9,293
    Forum Member
    I'm going for Holland. Which, with my track record, probably means that Spain will be Champions later tonight.

I still think that we haven't seen the best of the Dutch yet, apart from the second half performance against Brazil I don't think they've got out of 3rd gear yet.

Then again, they've won all their games in SA so they done what they've had to do.
  • HetalHetal Posts: 5,415
    Forum Member
    Fun fact: If Spain do win tonight, New Zealand will be the only team who hasn't lost a match in this tournament.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Dutch are 'overdue' more so than Spain, I think.

Besides I've never been to Spain but have frequented Amsterdam on a number of occasions.
  • TouristaTourista Posts: 14,338
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well, all through this WC, my predictions have fallen on stony ground, so I'll predict Spain will win 4-0....

Come on you orange!.......
    Forum Member
    I'll be kind of glad when the World Cup is over. Sky Sports News have really been milking it with their multiple 'World Cup Reports' for half hour every hour. There isn't THAT much to discuss about one game, even if it is the World Cup final.

I've actually enjoyed SSN's coverage. Its been nice to come in from work, switch on the telly and get a update on what's going on, on and off the pitch. I doubt if the BBC/ITV would have done that kind of coverage.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am betting on Johan Cruyff being mentioned once too often.. :(
    Forum Member
    Doc Shmok wrote: »

Mr Webb will be the focus of attention tonight.

He's from England you know. ;):p
  • tangsmantangsman Posts: 3,661
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Webb BS is in overdrive thanks to the English media.
    All I can say is thank **** England never got to the final.

Hup Holland Hup! :D
  • degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    BigFoot87 wrote: »
    I've actually enjoyed SSN's coverage. Its been nice to come in from work, switch on the telly and get a update on what's going on, on and off the pitch. I doubt if the BBC/ITV would have done that kind of coverage.
    It's been good but I do wonder why they needed to have a studio over there and fly out two or three presenters.

They could have just gotten the reports from the normal studio, which they did at other times of the day.

Ofcourse the BBC could have done that. There would have been outrage at the waste of money :D
  • Victim Of FateVictim Of Fate Posts: 5,157
    Forum Member
    How many times do you think we'll hear the word "underachievers" used about either side?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Have Spain really underachieved? I mean, aside from the Euros last time out, they're just one of many, many sides who've struggled to achieve anything. Not sure that counts as underachievement.

The Dutch certainly have under achieved.
  • Arsene wengerArsene wenger Posts: 4,766
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    wooo! I am sooo excited.
    Forum Member
    MOTD's 2010 World Cup final opening sequence:
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/world_cup_2010/8808487.stm
    Forum Member
    BBC: News reaches us from the great and good at Fifa that they expect the global television audience for tonight to exceed the 700 million who watched Italy beat France on penalties four years ago. Interestingly, the United States has reported a 50% increase in overall figures compared to 2006.
  • bluebladeblueblade Posts: 88,859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think tonight's match could go either way. Too close to call.
  • Victim Of FateVictim Of Fate Posts: 5,157
    Forum Member
    Have Spain really underachieved? I mean, aside from the Euros last time out, they're just one of many, many sides who've struggled to achieve anything. Not sure that counts as underachievement.

The Dutch certainly have under achieved.

But it's the old cliche about Spain, isn't it? I suppose in part because of the relative success of club teams from Spain.

But with the two biggest "underachievers" in the final, it's just tailor-made for unoriginal pundits.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,727
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    come on the dutch :D

i am hoping for a good game but fear that it will end up as spain controlling the game at a very slow pace and one goal may well be enough to claim the cup.
    Cantona07 wrote: »
    No one watches on ITV.

very true
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The biggest sporting event in the world, bar none.
  • SochaSocha Posts: 7,995
    Forum Member
    Doc Shmok wrote: »

Eikel.... :D