Anybody disappointed tonight?

Oh Brother...Oh Brother... Posts: 1,563
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I was a bit bored watching tonight's show. Quite bored and uninterested. Normally, each show has someone that has almost certainly made the live shows. Not sure who that was tonight, none of them were that good.

Still let's hope the best are still to come.

Comments

• GlassBalloonGlassBalloon Posts: 2,571
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not really. I'm looking out for the good singers this year and not so much the crap ones. Last week, we only had Gamu and Katie and I couldn't stand Katie. This week, we have Mary Byrne, Matt Cardle and Annastasia, which pleased me more than last week tbh. Annastasia was fantastic. Though if you compare it to the past two years, no one's really striked me as a potential winner just yet.
  • Release MeRelease Me Posts: 3,666
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've said this before its going to be one of those series again!
  • hotchick2hotchick2 Posts: 333
    Forum Member
    the show was boring lifeless maybe autotune should be brought back haha
  • mal2poolmal2pool Posts: 5,690
    Forum Member
    I'm bored too. They're not buzzing them off so have to sit through the bad ones, not enough funny crazies on either. Used to get a good laugh at the auditions. Boring now. Not enough good acts either. Should have given the show a rest this year., No wonder simon is leaving[/I]
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 298
    Forum Member
    The order they show the auditions is getting predictable and boring

Bad one to start with
    Good one
    Bad one
    Fast clip show of good ones
    Another bad one
    A really good one to end the show.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,038
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was
    They edited Dublin to make it look like it's full of idiots.
    Last week they showed pix of Cheryl laying on a bench, say see next week. Well this week they did not even mention it.

PS looking at other forums what does "pinned " mean.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    Its not the same..OK theres a special guest ,like Katy , and so on,but without Dannii, its different lol
  • auron87auron87 Posts: 922
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A real lack of anyone standing out this year so far. Katy Perry was good however!
  • performingmonkperformingmonk Posts: 20,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was
    Last week they showed pix of Cheryl laying on a bench, say see next week. Well this week they did not even mention it.

The Cheryl thing wasn't mentioned because this was episode 3 shown tonight, they will show episode 2 next week instead which presumably shows it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,159
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I swear we get this thread every single year.

It'll get better when the live shows are on. It always does.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 330
    Forum Member
    the auditions are always boring imo .. =/
  • Flamethrower100Flamethrower100 Posts: 14,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I didn't even laugh at the michial Jackson guy, he wasn't funny. It was sad, he is obviously crazy.
  • abercrombieabercrombie Posts: 905
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Do they show as many auditions as last year? It seems to me that they show more 'stories' and fewer actual people singing.

That little Irish kid on Xtra factor was amazing! (sorry, I forget his name):o

Don't know why he wasn't shown on the main show!
  • SILLY SUESILLY SUE Posts: 5,499
    Forum Member
    I was

'Pinned' is a notice or thread that is simply pinned to a forum. So that they don't slip down the page or onto the next page. For example when polls are conducted such as 'Who do you want to win 'X Factor'?' or 'Who's your favourite housemate this week?'.

DS Forum Support also 'pin' a notice to a particular forum to draw attention. Such as in the Appreciation thread on here to let us know what is acceptable to post and what is not within a particular appreciation thread.

Hope that helps explain it. :)
  • tommygunnertommygunner Posts: 4,252
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Katy Perry was vastly superior to Dannii as a judge, which made up somewhat for the general dearth of talent otherwise.
  • iluvdanniiiluvdannii Posts: 3,147
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Katy Perry was vastly superior to Dannii as a judge, which made up somewhat for the general dearth of talent otherwise.

dannii has so much more personality than katy on x factor and i really was looking forward too katy but she was just nice imo not exciting i actually preferred geri
  • muppeteermuppeteer Posts: 3,350
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They didn't show enough of Katy Perry, I would like to have seen more of her and heard what she had to say.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,584
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I didn't even laugh at the michial Jackson guy, he wasn't funny. It was sad, he is obviously crazy.
    I don't think he was crazy, just delusional.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Both of them annoy me. Katy Perry was ok up until she got with Russell, came across a decent person not anymore though!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,037
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    To me, Xtra Factor is always a far better watch than X Factor. I find Konnie rather gormless and void-like compared to Holly, but still, Xtra Factor has more entertainment value, wit and humour.
  • tommygunnertommygunner Posts: 4,252
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The night turned gold for me when i saw the Irish lad singing "Don't Stop Believing" on the X-tra Factor.

Perhaps next week I'll just skip the main show...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    my_login wrote: »
    To me, Xtra Factor is always a far better watch than X Factor. I find Konnie rather gormless and void-like compared to Holly, but still, Xtra Factor has more entertainment value, wit and humour.

Holly would always take the pee out of the contestants who aren't very good, so refreshing to see someone who doesn't need to stoop to that level!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,037
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Release Me wrote: »
    Holly would always take the pee out of the contestants who aren't very good, so refreshing to see someone who doesn't need to stoop to that level!
    True, Holly can be quite bitchy behind her doll-like exterior.
    I don't rate Konnie though. I think she's an ok presenter but nothing special.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 700
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The order they show the auditions is getting predictable and boring

Bad one to start with
    Good one
    Bad one
    Fast clip show of good ones
    Another bad one
    A really good one to end the show.

so you'd class Shirlena as a 'really good one' then? as she ended show one.

i'm so disappointed so far, i really hope some amazing talent comes along, noone seems to have personality either.
  • bunnyintheboxbunnyinthebox Posts: 1,481
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cant believe how they made us sit through so much of the bad acts without editing them down so that we could hear more of the acts that actually made it through. They obviously think we all enjoy hearing rubbish joke acts. Its meant to be a 'serious' singing talent show FGS, so where is all the talent?

Answer: Over on Sky 1 - Its all about the Music, or so it seems this year so far.

The producers need to do a major re-think but with the ratings they get I guess they dont give a t*ss.

I shall still watch in hopes of an improvement at the later stages, but it just makes me more cynical about how much of all this is scripted and people chosen for their back story rather than the singing. How many entrants that we simply dont see get cast aside that have real talent?