Options

World Wrestling Entertainment Discussion XXVI (Spoilers)

Comments

• Options
    TheTrader78TheTrader78 Posts: 948
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What Rumble match over the years in peoples opinion has had the most most star powered names? (Who had been Legit Main eventers by the time of that rumble).
  • Options
    AJ WheelsAJ Wheels Posts: 2,758
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Khali is a nobody. Cesaro is going nowhere. He has been handicapped since day one in the WWE with a deadweight diva, a dumb gimmick, and a name that sounds like a Sopranos extra.

I expect Khali is a gem for business. Specifically the international (Indian) market and Cesaro is fantastic i think.
  • Options
    richie4evarichie4eva Posts: 218,120
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What Rumble match over the years in peoples opinion has had the most most star powered names? (Who had been Legit Main eventers by the time of that rumble).

1992, still the best ever Rumble match so far
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    2004 for me. Jericho, Benoit and Angle made that one mint.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,574
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Not really answering your question here and I'm by no means a Cena fan, but the Rumble where he entered 30th on his comeback was pretty awesome.
  • Options
    richie4evarichie4eva Posts: 218,120
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AJ Wheels wrote: »
    I expect Khali is a gem for business. Specifically the international (Indian) market and Cesaro is fantastic i think.

Can you pop back into the sweepstake thread and change your number, number 1 has already been taken :)
  • Options
    RedmondRedmond Posts: 19,283
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Khali is a nobody. Cesaro is going nowhere. He has been handicapped since day one in the WWE with a deadweight diva, a dumb gimmick, and a name that sounds like a Sopranos extra.

Khali is a nobody but he's still bloody huge and it's impressive when someone can lift him like that and not botch the finisher.

I totally disagree with you. Cesaro is going from strength to strength. He consistently has lengthy, top quality matches. Is booked very strongly. Rarely loses. Has a mid-card title (yeah they don't mean much but it is still a title). And after less than a year on the main roster is already in matches with main event level talent.

His gimmick isn't the greatest but it certainly isn't dumb. It's just the typical American hating foreigner which we've seen many times before but can be effective. It's not like he's been made to be a pirate or something - it's not a gimmick that will kill his career and be unable to wipe from memory. Even his name isn't so bad compared to a lot of others that have come from the indies and had to change (ie - Adrian Neville!).

He always gets the crowd in to his matches too, and his big moves (especially his amazing uppercuts) get good reactions.

He'll be a big player within a year or so. Possibly even a MITB contract winner this year.
  • Options
    Big Boy BarryBig Boy Barry Posts: 35,492
    Forum Member
    Mark__ wrote: »
    Well aren't you just a bundle of joy. Everything you seem to post is a negative, and if it's not, you manage to put a negative spin on it.

I'm just honest regarding WWE's piss poor booking approach, and how they handicap talented guys with terrible names and gimmicks
    Khali is a nobody but he's still bloody huge and it's impressive when someone can lift him like that and not botch the finisher.

I totally disagree with you. Cesaro is going from strength to strength. He consistently has lengthy, top quality matches. Is booked very strongly. Rarely loses. Has a mid-card title (yeah they don't mean much but it is still a title). And after less than a year on the main roster is already in matches with main event level talent.

His gimmick isn't the greatest but it certainly isn't dumb. It's just the typical American hating foreigner which we've seen many times before but can be effective. It's not like he's been made to be a pirate or something - it's not a gimmick that will kill his career and be unable to wipe from memory. Even his name isn't so bad compared to a lot of others that have come from the indies and had to change (ie - Adrian Neville!).

He always gets the crowd in to his matches too, and his big moves (especially his amazing uppercuts) get good reactions.

He'll be a big player within a year or so. Possibly even a MITB contract winner this year.

I admire optimism, and I hope to be proven wrong, but I won't be.

RE: Adrian Neville, there's another guy who should be booked strongly with a star name, but he's already handicapped with the name "Adrian Neville". It doesn't exactly say "superstar". I think Stephanie must have a book called "Big Book Of Crap Names" that she picks them from
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm just honest regarding WWE's piss poor booking approach, and how they handicap talented guys with terrible names and gimmicks

Michael McGILLICUTTY!!!!!!!!!!!!? :eek::D
  • Options
    gerry dgerry d Posts: 12,518
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I'd have to go for the1992 Rumble.Just about all the big names in the wwf at that time were involved in the rumble.
  • Options
    decemberboydecemberboy Posts: 3,840
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    After becoming bored and a bit disillusioned with WWE I decided to have a break from it last summer after over 20 years of watching and being a fan, I wasn't enjoying the shows and to be honest it was getting more difficult finding the time to watch it all. I still kept up to date with what was happening from reading news sites and things but I didn't really miss it.

However with Mania on the horizon and the Rumble tonight I watched this week's Raw and I've now booked the pay-per-view. I'll definitely keep watching up to April as this is usually the best time to be a WWE fan.

From what I've read it looks like WWE may be considering a Cean v Rock rematch for Mania, despite the 'once in a lifetime' tag?
  • Options
    RedundantRedundant Posts: 993
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is it starting at 1am tonight??
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,055
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Redundant wrote: »
    Is it starting at 1am tonight??

Yes. But at 1230am there is preshow match for the US Championship between Antonio Cesaro and The Miz. youtube.com/wwe
  • Options
    RedundantRedundant Posts: 993
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    howabout90 wrote: »
    Yes. But at 1230am there is preshow match for the US Championship between Antonio Cesaro and The Miz. youtube.com/wwe

Thanks Buddy! I should know this, I just get worried in case I miss it! :cool:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,055
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Redundant wrote: »
    Thanks Buddy! I should know this, I just get worried in case I miss it! :cool:

Haha, no problem. The stage for the Royal Rumble if anyone wants to see it: http://www.wrestlingnewssource.com/news/27997/PHOTO-2013-WWE-Royal-Rumble-Set-and-Stage-Revealed/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter
  • Options
    neel radianeel radia Posts: 750
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    just wondering if there is any good link i could use for the event or website
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,505
    Forum Member
    Yeah, anybdoy got any linkys? Can you send a PM please? :)
  • Options
    xKatieLxxKatieLx Posts: 4,400
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, anybdoy got any linkys? Can you send a PM please? :)

Same. Could someone send me one too. :o
  • Options
    Conor McHaleConor McHale Posts: 718
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What time does the pre-show start?
  • Options
    tsotso Posts: 25,862
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What time does the pre-show start?

1230am
  • Options
    Chippy ChipsChippy Chips Posts: 2,430
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    12:30am
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    could someone pm if they find link
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ive paid 15quid..if i find a link i will be ill:mad::p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i found one straight away...FFS:p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lol ha ha have paid 15 quid in the past but not tonight will do for wrestelmania though
This discussion has been closed.