Options

For those who's Mum has passed away

1235»

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,173
    Forum Member
    my mum died 2 days after christmas. i can't believe it's already been 3 months. still feels like yesterday. i wish more than anything she could be with us to celebrate tomorrow :(. i'm planning to see a few friends tomorrow though, one of them lost her mum 6 weeks before i did, so we're gonna help each other through it
  • Options
    xblingxbling Posts: 2,041
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This thread makes you think of all the mums lost and those who want to be mums.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,725
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's also my first Mother's Day without my mum. My mother died in November very suddenly I can't believe it's been 5 months already! I keep on expecting her to walk through the door or give me a call. I can't help but feel mothers day has been really shoved down our throats this year. I haven't even been able to escape to work. I work in a clothes shop so everyone has been coming in and buying their mums presents. Those who still have their mums make sure you spoil them rotten tomorrow!

To be honest I thought it's been quieter where I live, it's probably where you lost your mum recently and it's the first mothers day since that it seems like it's been "shoved down our throats"
    Aside from people losing their mums, I wonder how it is for those mums who have lost their kids. I guess that must be pretty tough as well on Mothers day.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,115
    Forum Member
    Just wanted to pop in this thread again to say hope everyone is coping as best they can today. I've found it tough, you literally cannot escape what day it is.. constant reminders everywhere, TV, radio, etc.

I've never missed my wonderful mum more :(

Thinking of you all x
  • Options
    mrsdaisychainmrsdaisychain Posts: 3,439
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought I would just pop on to say, thinking of you all today.
    It's hard no matter how many days, months or years you lost your mum, she can never be replaced.
    I am glad that I can at last think of my mum and smile.:)
  • Options
    qixvixqixvix Posts: 10,879
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I lost my mum just 8 Saturdays ago and it hurts like hell - I miss her so much I am having counselling - I can't believe she is gone, her ashes are here in the bedroom with me but it's not real

She told us she had cancer on the 2nd of Jan, because she wanted us to enjoy Christmas and New Year - she hid that she had that disease for weeks, saying it was just a kidney infection.... she remained positive and smiling so much that when it was her time she just went in half an hour, none of us made it to the hospice in time, she never made a fuss.... in her hand was the heart shaped stone I gave her.... I am holding it and wishing I could be held by her, because the only person who could make me get through this was her.......

Mother's Day is something I was dreading but when I actually woke up with my kids standing there with gifts and cards it reminded me why we become parents... to pass on what we are, and my kids remind me of my mum so much - they are just the kindest, loveliest people....

I thank my mum for giving me life, and letting me pass that on to my children - just having had a mum who we could love makes us very blessed - it must be hard all the time to have not had that, but it is also why it hurts so much - good mums leave such a gap when they are gone :-(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    qixvix wrote: »
    I lost my mum just 8 Saturdays ago and it hurts like hell - I miss her so much I am having counselling - I can't believe she is gone, her ashes are here in the bedroom with me but it's not real

She told us she had cancer on the 2nd of Jan, because she wanted us to enjoy Christmas and New Year - she hid that she had that disease for weeks, saying it was just a kidney infection.... she remained positive and smiling so much that when it was her time she just went in half an hour, none of us made it to the hospice in time, she never made a fuss.... in her hand was the heart shaped stone I gave her.... I am holding it and wishing I could be held by her, because the only person who could make me get through this was her.......

Mother's Day is something I was dreading but when I actually woke up with my kids standing there with gifts and cards it reminded me why we become parents... to pass on what we are, and my kids remind me of my mum so much - they are just the kindest, loveliest people....

I thank my mum for giving me life, and letting me pass that on to my children - just having had a mum who we could love makes us very blessed - it must be hard all the time to have not had that, but it is also why it hurts so much - good mums leave such a gap when they are gone :-(

It's strange when you talk of how many saturdays ago it was when your mum passed away. I was exactly the same. I use to sit there thinking this time two weeks ago, this time five weeks ago...that kind of thing. I know you must still be raw but I know one thing for sure, your mum would be very proud of you. She sounded such a lovely, caring, thoughful lady and the way you coped today for your own children proved, you are your mothers daughter.
    Best wishes.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 581
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i still hav a mum but she didnt want me ive not seen her in about 15 years, she added me on facebook recently but didnt want to get to know me. Today i feel so on my own:( Hate mothers day and fathers day to just makes life feel like crap but i suppose you cant miss something you never had
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,420
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's also a bad day for mum's who have lost children :cry:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought I would recall this thread as it's Mother's Day tomorrow and sadly, many more mum's will have left their families this year.

It never get's easier, especially when you go into the supermarkets and see all the cards, flowers and everything that focuses on the day. Flowers and prayers are now all I can give my mum and she will always have them.

It helps me to talk about my mum and I miss her every day of my life. Her funny little ways, her classic sayings and that gorgeous smile of hers. What I wouldn't give for just a hug.

We must also remember those mum's who have lost their children, it must be so hard for them too.

Hope you all get by tomorrow.
    x x
  • Options
    OvalteenieOvalteenie Posts: 24,169
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you for this thread. Saw lots of people buying flowers today :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ovalteenie wrote: »
    Thank you for this thread. Saw lots of people buying flowers today :(

It's hard isin't it?
    It warmed my heart though to see all the little kids with their dads buying flowers in asda. They all looked really happy.
  • Options
    NoseyLouieNoseyLouie Posts: 5,651
    Forum Member
    I am honestly thinking of everyone who has lost their mum. I am sorry for your loss.

It makes me even more thankful and fortunate to have my mum in my life, and close by, I cannot imagine how I would have gotten through the past two years without her love and support. She is truly a remarkable woman and I do tell her this from time to time, I just hope she feels appreciated :)

Big hugs to all of you at this time xxxxx
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    NoseyLouie wrote: »
    I am honestly thinking of everyone who has lost their mum. I am sorry for your loss.

It makes me even more thankful and fortunate to have my mum in my life, and close by, I cannot imagine how I would have gotten through the past two years without her love and support. She is truly a remarkable woman and I do tell her this from time to time, I just hope she feels appreciated :)

Big hugs to all of you at this time xxxxx

Arh, that's lovely, thank you.
    I count myself very lucky that I had both my parents for such a long time. A lot of my cousins lost their parents when they were in their late teens and twenties. I can't imagine how upset and cheated they must have felt. They have lost all those precious times with them.
    Enjoy your day with your mum, she sounds lovely.
  • Options
    Jimmy ConnorsJimmy Connors Posts: 117,910
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I thought I would recall this thread as it's Mother's Day tomorrow and sadly, many more mum's will have left their families this year.

It never get's easier, especially when you go into the supermarkets and see all the cards, flowers and everything that focuses on the day. Flowers and prayers are now all I can give my mum and she will always have them.

It helps me to talk about my mum and I miss her every day of my life. Her funny little ways, her classic sayings and that gorgeous smile of hers. What I wouldn't give for just a hug.

We must also remember those mum's who have lost their children, it must be so hard for them too.

Hope you all get by tomorrow.
    x x

Thank you for bumping this daisychain :)

Tomorrow is always tough. You're right about it not getting easier. Always remember that your Mum is on your shoulder always. :)

I like to think this anyway.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 87
    Forum Member
    I know how it feels to lose a parent as my stepdad died last November, I know its not the same as losing your mum but he was in my life for 20 years. it was very sudden and very quick he died in his sleep and didn't feel a thing he was just 51 :(

I make sure that I now treasure the time that I have with my mum and nan as you never know how long you have. I am sorry for all the loss that the OP's have had on this thread, just keep your memories close to your heart no one can ever take them from you x
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 321
    Forum Member
    Thank you we have a tough time in March - family birthdays, mother's day and the anniversary of my mother's passing.
  • Options
    birdonawirebirdonawire Posts: 1,028
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My Mother passed away on Mothers day.....in reality it was the day after, 3 am on the Monday, but it still felt like the same day to me, having not left her side all day (or for a month). I do feel really sad today, more so than I have for many years.......I don't know why:cry:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 321
    Forum Member
    The more time passes the more you realise you are not going to see her again. Be gentle with yourself.
  • Options
    academiaacademia Posts: 18,225
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    <morgan> wrote: »
    i still hav a mum but she didnt want me ive not seen her in about 15 years, she added me on facebook recently but didnt want to get to know me. Today i feel so on my own:( Hate mothers day and fathers day to just makes life feel like crap but i suppose you cant miss something you never had

Of course you can - that's why you are in pain.
  • Options
    BanditaBandita Posts: 3,735
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ladyinblue wrote: »
    No-one understands how much it hurts to lose a parent until they have.

No-one can replace the love of a mother but so many people take it for granted - me included.

I never thought I would hear myself say it but I would give anything to have one last hug from my mum or even just one more argument.

My partner is 30 and his mum lives miles away I am forever telling him to phone her once in a while just to speak to her because he will miss it so much when she's gone and he can't just pick up the phone just to hear her voice.

I was 21 when my mum passed away. She was 53.

What a touching thread, picked this post out as this is the exact ages my Mum and I were when she died 45 years ago. I never stop missing her. For those who have lost their mothers I truly feel for you and for those with Mums still around treasure her.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,749
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My mum died an hour and a half ago.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Chocdoc wrote: »
    My mum died an hour and a half ago.

Oh, how very sad. I'm so sorry for your loss. Not much I can say to you except, treasure your good memories of your mum. Hope you have family that will support one another during this sad, difficult time.
    x