The Holidaymakers (Sky One)

bb2011fanbb2011fan Posts: 2,687
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Monday,8pm,Sky One
Three very different families live in a villa in Spain for a week and the cameras follow what happens.

Managed to see episode 4 of this series yesterday and it's so good that I've ended up watching the previous three episodes as well. It's reality tv in its purest form and is all about human interaction. Would definitely suggest anyone to give it a watch. It's really nice also to see that they remain friends afterwards.

Comments

• bb2011fanbb2011fan Posts: 2,687
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There's a repeat of episode 4 on sky 2 today (18th feb) if anyone wants to give it a go
  • Hershey2Hershey2 Posts: 514
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've watched this from the start, it's interesting to see how people interact with each other.

Such a shame that Sara in this weeks episode had such a chip on her shoulder about being there on her own...well without a partner, felt sorry for her little boy.

Lovely that the other two families who were like chalk and cheese really got on well.
  • FirstS_LastCLFirstS_LastCL Posts: 13
    Forum Member
    Hershey2 wrote: »
    I've watched this from the start, it's interesting to see how people interact with each other.

Such a shame that Sara in this weeks episode had such a chip on her shoulder about being there on her own...well without a partner, felt sorry for her little boy.

Lovely that the other two families who were like chalk and cheese really got on well.

Only just seen this on a repeat.

Agree with Hersey - it was a very interesting episode to watch. I saw things a little differently - i.e. not sure problem was that Sara had a chip on her shoulder, things went down from the "dent in her leg" from that odious, competitive woman. Plus wen Sara was explaining her injury, the woman (can't recall her name) talked over her - if it was accidental and not her nature, she would have realised an apologised to Sara, but she's too up herself. The 'green-eyed monsters' were the other two women who weren't too happy to have a tall, shapely female around their partners.

Seemed to me that snub fed into Sara's insecurities - she didn't come across that well but it's so obvious what she's yearning for is a knight in shining armour who would've stood up for her - or better yet, when she started freaking out, someone who could've told her to ignore & brush it off - they were only there for a few days after all. Instead after the 'rags to riches' woman smirked at her fear of water, Sara made a bigger thing of it than she should have, talked to the 2-faced Gemma - who promptly ran to the other woman's husband! Then both women turned on her in different ways - gemma outrightly aggressive and the other passive aggressively playing 'the victim' - only for gemma to show her other face telling Sara she enjoyed her company :confused:. Unbelievable. I can kind of see why Sara couldn't stay but she should've put her son first, ignored the woman and enjoyed the free holiday.

It wasn't a surprise at the end to see the two couples had stayed in touch, but if gemma and her 'beer on tap' partner (who didn't even budge when her daughter was injured 'cos he couldn't tear himself away from the keg of free beer) thinks the other couple are genuine friends, personally, I think they're mistaken. Sure it's OK to go on a staycation with them, but guaranteed they'd never invite them to their home if they had an event with business contacts - they only like having them around as reminders of where they've dragged themselves up from to make themselves feel good by exposing the other family to a bit of the good life.

Looking forward to the next episodes!
  • jsam93jsam93 Posts: 808
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Only just seen this on a repeat.

Agree with Hersey - it was a very interesting episode to watch. I saw things a little differently - i.e. not sure problem was that Sara had a chip on her shoulder, things went down from the "dent in her leg" from that odious, competitive woman. Plus wen Sara was explaining her injury, the woman (can't recall her name) talked over her - if it was accidental and not her nature, she would have realised an apologised to Sara, but she's too up herself. The 'green-eyed monsters' were the other two women who weren't too happy to have a tall, shapely female around their partners.

Seemed to me that snub fed into Sara's insecurities - she didn't come across that well but it's so obvious what she's yearning for is a knight in shining armour who would've stood up for her - or better yet, when she started freaking out, someone who could've told her to ignore & brush it off - they were only there for a few days after all. Instead after the 'rags to riches' woman smirked at her fear of water, Sara made a bigger thing of it than she should have, talked to the 2-faced Gemma - who promptly ran to the other woman's husband! Then both women turned on her in different ways - gemma outrightly aggressive and the other passive aggressively playing 'the victim' - only for gemma to show her other face telling Sara she enjoyed her company :confused:. Unbelievable. I can kind of see why Sara couldn't stay but she should've put her son first, ignored the woman and enjoyed the free holiday.

It wasn't a surprise at the end to see the two couples had stayed in touch, but if gemma and her 'beer on tap' partner (who didn't even budge when her daughter was injured 'cos he couldn't tear himself away from the keg of free beer) thinks the other couple are genuine friends, personally, I think they're mistaken. Sure it's OK to go on a staycation with them, but guaranteed they'd never invite them to their home if they had an event with business contacts - they only like having them around as reminders of where they've dragged themselves up from to make themselves feel good by exposing the other family to a bit of the good life.

Looking forward to the next episodes!

Yes, I've been watching the repeats on Pick recently and that's exactly how I saw things. We all know who really had a "chip on her shoulder" and it certainly wasn't Sara!