Options

Kara Tointon & Artem Chigvinstev Appreciation Thread (Part 3)

Comments

• Options
    Strictly*EmmaStrictly*Emma Posts: 262
    Forum Member
    salsameg wrote: »
    Merry Christmas from the freezing Highlands.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=33WdwD906pU&feature=channel

Clip from the Graham Norton show. Enjoy:D

Thank you salsameg :D It looks so good, just what I need to ease the Kartem withdrawal symptoms for an evening! It is being programmed into sky+ as we speak!

Anyways, have a great christmas all you lovely kartemites :) I'm so glad I found you all, I don't know how I would have coped without all the wonderful videos, links, photos and general gossip :D the phrase mental breakdown springs to mind :eek::D

I'm sure I'll be popping in and out, this obsession doesn't allow me to go too long without a Kartem fix .. :rolleyes:

Merry christmas and a happy new year xx
  • Options
    Kez100Kez100 Posts: 3,066
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Love that interview with Artem. I think he thinks before he speaks (due to second language) and Claudia never really gave him much of a chance to speak. He is really interesting and quite funny!. Awesome clip.
  • Options
    SuzieQ12SuzieQ12 Posts: 3,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If you haven't seen this yet, it is so worth a watch :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZGOFFZLhaKs

Oops, meant to say thank you to you too. I had seen it before, but I guess it's good to have another excuse :p
  • Options
    belgiumvotebelgiumvote Posts: 1,069
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hello all,

In their VW-vid at approx 6.15 with the judges' comments Alesha says something while Craig is complaining about their lift or non-lift and it makes Bruce, Kara and Artem laugh out loud. And I absolutely do not understand one word of what is being said. Can anyone of you smart Britons help me out? It's one of the ways in which I try to brush up on my English (have learned quite a number of new words, I must say). So watching and re-watching makes this in fact a very educational exercise for me. How's that for an excuse?
    Happy Xmas meal! I won't be able to watch Graham Norton so I hope I don't choke on the turkey.
  • Options
    OsusanaOsusana Posts: 7,511
    Forum Member
    Hello all,

In their VW-vid at approx 6.15 with the judges' comments Alesha says something while Craig is complaining about their lift or non-lift and it makes Bruce, Kara and Artem laugh out loud. And I absolutely do not understand one word of what is being said. Can anyone of you smart Britons help me out? It's one of the ways in which I try to brush up on my English (have learned quite a number of new words, I must say). So watching and re-watching makes this in fact a very educational exercise for me. How's that for an excuse?
    Happy Xmas meal! I won't be able to watch Graham Norton so I hope I don't choke on the turkey.

Hi BV
    They are arguing over the lift. Alesha and Bruno are saying that her foot did not leave the floor and Craig (correctly) is saying that it did.
    Alesha says "thank heaven for Sky Plus (Sky+) anyway" - this is the Sky TV box that you can record and playback programmes on. I suppose meaning that she has been recording the programme and will look later?

Hope that helps :)
  • Options
    XassyXassy Posts: 9,365
    Forum Member
    Wishing everyone a very lovely Christmas. It's been awesome sharing the magic (and insanity!) with you all. :p xx
  • Options
    MutterMutter Posts: 3,269
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If you haven't seen this yet, it is so worth a watch :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZGOFFZLhaKs

Love the K&A partnership but hate that interview.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wishing you all a Merry Christmas :)

Don't forget, Kara's on the Graham Norton show tonight at 10:30pm.
  • Options
    Wrenny-24Wrenny-24 Posts: 9,373
    Forum Member
    Just wondering if anyone will be taping it to put up on you tube?

Inevitably, I was watching the final AGAIN today and noticed a couple of things......
    When Artem is talking before their Rumba and says about Kara deserving the glitterball, does anyone else think that it was slightly edited (just before he says 'her')?
    I was also looking at when they were announced as winners and realised that it happened in almost the exact same way as when Alesha and Matthew won. They were both on the right hand side of the TV screen and both Alesha and Kara looked down rather than looking into the camera (like I think they're supposed to).

I REALLY must try and ween myself off watching these dances back so often.................it's hard tho!!!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Mutter wrote: »
    Love the K&A partnership but hate that interview.

Me too Mutter! The interviewers are a couple of prats and for me, I'm not keen on when people talk 'to' the camera, sorry to say! This in NO WAY means I'm not keen on Artem though!!!! :D:D:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,506
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    artem chigvintsev
    happy holidays every one from me and Kara
    21 seconds ago via web

Awwww :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    soph007 wrote: »
    artem chigvintsev
    21 seconds ago via web

Awhwah!!! That's lovely. Happy hols to them and happy Christmas to all here.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wrenny-24 wrote: »
    Me too Mutter! The interviewers are a couple of prats and for me, I'm not keen on when people talk 'to' the camera, sorry to say! This in NO WAY means I'm not keen on Artem though!!!! :D:D:D
    Just how keen is "keen" Wrenny?
    I suppose you've heard he's taken?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wrenny, I will try to upload it but can't guarantee it as my pc seems to now hate the disks I have.
  • Options
    NooneNoone Posts: 6,048
    Forum Member
    artem chigvintsev
    21 seconds ago via web

Awwwww, indeed!

Merry Christmas one and all! *kisses*
  • Options
    Kez100Kez100 Posts: 3,066
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I saw that.

Been watching tweets from all and sundry for the past few days ....Erin, Camilla, Flavia, James, Ola, Jimmy, Goldie, Kristina...pretty much everyone but K and A actually.....

my first thought when I saw this tweet....(naughty, I know)

Wey hey......they've finally surfaced for air!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Mutter wrote: »
    Just how keen is "keen" Wrenny?
    I suppose you've heard he's taken?

:D As 'keen' as I can be considering I'm a happily married woman of 22 years! :D

It's not just him though is it! I think most of us have fallen in love with them as a couple. I'm afraid I just ff past all the others. It's a bit scary really! :o

I think both Matthew Cutlet and Artem are very clever in showing off their partners, because even though they're both charismatic men, when both Alesha and Kara were dancing my eye, on the whole, stayed on them. That sentence doesn't string together too well, but I know what I mean! :)
  • Options
    nagel84nagel84 Posts: 13,114
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kez100 wrote: »
    I saw that.

Been watching tweets from all and sundry for the past few days ....Erin, Camilla, Flavia, James, Ola, Jimmy, Goldie, Kristina...pretty much everyone but K and A actually.....

I had a brief perusal of tweets made by various people during last week's final. Kristina was actually tweeting during the show for people to vote for Kara, even though she was in the studio at the time. :D

Ali Bastion was right behind Kara as well and Clare Baulding (the BBC Sports Presenter) tweeted Arlene Philips that she was at a "Strictly Party" and everyone seemed to be supporting Kara. Arlene tweeted back that Kara was brilliant. Austin Healey said after the result was announced that he thought Matt would win since he assumed he would get the female vote, but agreed that Kara deserved to win.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    SuzieQ12 wrote: »
    Wrenny, I will try to upload it but can't guarantee it as my pc seems to now hate the disks I have.

Thanks Suzie. Don't worry if you can't, but if you do manage to, it will just be a nice bonus! :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    :D As 'keen' as I can be considering I'm a happily married woman of 22 years! :D

It's not just him though is it! I think most of us have fallen in love with them as a couple. I'm afraid I just ff past all the others. It's a bit scary really! :o

I do the same. :D I've watched all the Kartem bits from the final countless times but I've just skipped past the Matt and Pamela segments. Tbh, if the final had just been between the other two couples I doubt I would have watched. ;)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,514
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JJTPIA5CrFk&feature=youtube_gdata - He looks so young and his hair is so fluffy!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just wondering if anyone will be taping it to put up on you tube?

Inevitably, I was watching the final AGAIN today and noticed a couple of things......
    When Artem is talking before their Rumba and says about Kara deserving the glitterball, does anyone else think that it was slightly edited (just before he says 'her')?
    I was also looking at when they were announced as winners and realised that it happened in almost the exact same way as when Alesha and Matthew won. They were both on the right hand side of the TV screen and both Alesha and Kara looked down rather than looking into the camera (like I think they're supposed to).

I REALLY must try and ween myself off watching these dances back so often.................it's hard tho!!!!

One bit I loved from after the winners were announced was right after Bruce had spoken to a tearful Kara and asked Artem if he was able to say anything. Kara tried to help him out by suggesting he thanked people but Artem just kept staring at Kara, before saying "I think you're amazing". :)

Kara seemed slighly non-plussed but replied "Oh, thank you". :D She's terribly self-effacing and always seems rather taken aback when paid a compliment and that little exchange I thought was just really sweet and touching. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    artem chigvintsev
    21 seconds ago via web

That's really nice and I just love that he's sent that from both Kara and him. :)
  • Options
    Nicki_r_pNicki_r_p Posts: 1,666
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm all wrapped and tidied, so at 10.30pm, I plan to settle down in front of the TV, with a vodka and Red Bull in hard (in Artem's honour, clearly!!), and enjoy watching Kara on the Graham Norton show. Lovely stuff :)

Merry Christmas to all fellow Kartemites! Hope you and your families all have a fantastic day tomorrow, and that Kara, Artem and families do too.

The last 3 months have been a pleasure. Here's to good times and good news in 2011!
    Roll on the tour!! ;)
    x
This discussion has been closed.