Options

Recorded Delivery

Miasima GoriaMiasima Goria Posts: 5,188
Forum Member
When you send stuff by recorded delivery, are you meant to get some proof that you did so? Sent two items by recorded delivery nearly two weeks ago and neither have arrived.

I was in a hurry at the time and didn't think to ask or even keep the reciepts. Looking at this, I'm guessing that id where the tracking number would be.

http://www.royalmail.com/portal/rm/jump2?catId=400028&mediaId=500201

Considering one item was originally posted from Germany, it's a pain that it can get waylaid internally.

Comments

• Options
    TommyGavin76TommyGavin76 Posts: 17,066
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You should have a receipt with a tracking number on it. If you haven't then you may need to go to the post office where you posted it and see if they can help.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    You should have a receipt with a tracking number on it. If you haven't then you may need to go to the post office where you posted it and see if they can help.

No receipts. :(

Won't be able to go to the Post Office til next week, hopefully they keep a record.
  • Options
    Color of NightColor of Night Posts: 2,208
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The receipt has the tracking number on it but when you send abroad it only tracks until it leaves the UK anyway. It could be its delayed with all the bad weather although it seems strange neither has arrived. Without a receipt there isn't a lot you can do, I used to work for parcel force many years ago & people would ring chasing up parcels but without a tracking number we couldn't trace its movements.
    Not sure how things work now but I agree with TommyGavin, go to you post office & speak to them, maybe they can print off or trace the tracking number if you can remember the date & roughly the time you went in with the parcels.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No receipts. :(

Won't be able to go to the Post Office til next week, hopefully they keep a record.

How much was the item worth?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    How much was the item worth?

About £45 - it's a festival ticket, posted it in a cardboard backed envelope to make sure it didn't get damaged! :o
  • Options
    embyemby Posts: 7,837
    Forum Member
    About £45 - it's a festival ticket, posted it in a cardboard backed envelope to make sure it didn't get damaged! :o

If this doesn't arrive you might be in a bit of a pickle because recorded delivery does not cover for tickets sent through the post. So if you have to claim from RM you won't get anything back.

Hopefully it's just got caught up in the backlog with the xmas post and the bad weather though.
  • Options
    PhoenixblissPhoenixbliss Posts: 9,478
    Forum Member
    Yes a receipt from post office with codes on that would allow you to track online on Royal Mail website if delivered and signed for.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Just to let people know the ticket turned up yesterday at its' destination - delivered without having to be signed for. It was popped in the letterbox. I'm just happy it got there.

And I'll be more careful in future. :o
  • Options
    TerryHTerryH Posts: 1,063
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just to let people know the ticket turned up yesterday at its' destination - delivered without having to be signed for. It was popped in the letterbox. I'm just happy it got there.

And I'll be more careful in future. :o
    Where was the destination? I thought the whole point of recorded was the 'signed for' service it offers.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    emby wrote: »
    If this doesn't arrive you might be in a bit of a pickle because recorded delivery does not cover for tickets sent through the post. So if you have to claim from RM you won't get anything back.

Hopefully it's just got caught up in the backlog with the xmas post and the bad weather though.

Didn't realise it didn't cover tickets. Worth knowing.
  • Options
    babinabababinaba Posts: 5,448
    Forum Member
    TerryH wrote: »
    Where was the destination? I thought the whole point of recorded was the 'signed for' service it offers.

you'd think that wouldn't you but over the past 6 months or so, the postpeople have decided to not take this as serious - I sent a parcel to my sister recorded and the postperson just stuck it through her letterbox and I had something delivered to me from ebay which was recorded - postman just stuck it through my letterbox, I was in when he did it so it wasn't like he tried to get a signature. Bad really cause if I was dishonest I could have gone back to the ebay seller and said I hadn't received it and there wouldn't have been any proof of delivery. It's not on that people are paying extra for a service and it's not being done properly.