Under The Dome Ch.5

goldberry1goldberry1 Posts: 2,699
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I notice the Dome by Stephen King is coming to Channel 5 - has it been televised before this? - if so is it worth watching? I'm a big Stephen King fan. I've read the book.

Maybe I should have put this thread on TV Shows: US - not sure. Ah well.

Comments

• kingofscotlandkingofscotland Posts: 618
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Under The Dome

The first season premiered in the US in June pulling solid ratings and has been renewed for a second season. Channel 5 will air the 13-part first season in the autumn.
  • TiwttmosTiwttmos Posts: 2,573
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I saw it advertised on Channel 5 a few days ago. Might take a look.
  • KapellmeisterKapellmeister Posts: 41,322
    Forum Member
    Please read the book first. It's a real page turner and much better than any TV series could hope to be.
  • goldberry1goldberry1 Posts: 2,699
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    goldberry1 wrote: »
    I notice the Dome by Stephen King is coming to Channel 5 - has it been televised before this? - if so is it worth watching? I'm a big Stephen King fan. I've read the book.

Maybe I should have put this thread on TV Shows: US - not sure. Ah well.

I mean Under The Dome too - sorry had hardly any sleep

zzzzz:yawn:
  • BigOrangeBigOrange Posts: 59,653
    Forum Member
    Watch the full trailer here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s432vTI-EBE

It's been a hit for CBS in the US. Interesting premise, haven't read the book yet.
  • CreamteaCreamtea Posts: 14,682
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Can't wait for this. Seen clips of the first ep online etc.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just noticed it's on Ch 5 tonight - also noticed the little gaggle of threads.....and Under TV Shows US....
  • silentNatesilentNate Posts: 84,079
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've seen nine episodes and it's pretty entertaining... shame there is going to be a second season as I hoped for a resolution :o:(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Whoa - am enjoying the beginning! King and Spielberg - can't be bad.
  • ChrissieAOChrissieAO Posts: 5,141
    Forum Member
    silentNate wrote: »
    I've seen nine episodes and it's pretty entertaining... shame there is going to be a second season as I hoped for a resolution :o:(

This first episode is a bit gory...cow split in half and a leg lying on the ground. Is this a taste of things to come? If so I may not continue to watch it...
  • CreamteaCreamtea Posts: 14,682
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ChrissieAO wrote: »
    This first episode is a bit gory...cow split in half and a leg lying on the ground. Is this a taste of things to come? If so I may not continue to watch it...

At the start of the book a poor little woodchuck just going about its business gets chopped in two. The leg from the plane is also in the book.
  • RobRob Posts: 4,168
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is this the only thread for this??

I really enjoyed it. Quick question about the ending of the first episode. Did Duke get shot? Or was it his pacemaker exploding in his chest or something?
  • guernseysnailguernseysnail Posts: 18,922
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    RobInnes wrote: »

I really enjoyed it. Quick question about the ending of the first episode. Did Duke get shot? Or was it his pacemaker exploding in his chest or something?

There's threads all over the place! There's 2 on this forum..one in cult..and one somewhere else, maybe US tv!
  • TributeTribute Posts: 820
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    RobInnes wrote: »
    ?
    No, I've lost count of how many threads there are for this show. There are correctly in the US forum as its an American, not British show.
  • Zizu58Zizu58 Posts: 3,658
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    These Dome Threads need grouping together somehow !!
  • Andy-BAndy-B Posts: 6,800
    Forum Member
    Should be a kids forum ;)
  • GrahameSteeleGrahameSteele Posts: 1,380
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Did not the Simpsons do this story in the movie?
  • TributeTribute Posts: 820
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Did not the Simpsons do this story in the movie?
    And the award for most original comment goes to...
  • Zizu58Zizu58 Posts: 3,658
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mods please put all these Dome threads into one !!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Some have been moved to TV sci fi and cult now but mine has been left behind here - all alone:cry:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,126
    Forum Member
    goldberry1 wrote: »
    Some have been moved to TV sci fi and cult now but mine has been left behind here - all alone:cry:

Well I will comment in your thread then:)...Bitter experience has forewarned me to stay clear of US dramas such as Under the Dome...the bitter experience of course being the US networks insistence on open ended productions...ie will it all come to a conclusion after one season...two...or possibly even 5:confused::confused:...That's a lot of time to invest in a show which was never conceived to have a beginning, middle and a definitive end....Think Lost..although I would rather not:mad:

Anyway...I`am hooked!!...pretty decent opening which looks like it has the potential to keep me tuning in for more...Not too keen on the jelous boyfriend story line but other than that the first episode laid down the markers for what will hopefully be the gripping tale of community living in total isolation with no hope of assistance.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 961
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well I will comment in your thread then:)...Bitter experience has forewarned me to stay clear of US dramas such as Under the Dome...the bitter experience of course being the US networks insistence on open ended productions...ie will it all come to a conclusion after one season...two...or possibly even 5:confused::confused:...That's a lot of time to invest in a show which was never conceived to have a beginning, middle and a definitive end....Think Lost..although I would rather not:mad:

Anyway...I`am hooked!!...pretty decent opening which looks like it has the potential to keep me tuning in for more...Not too keen on the jelous boyfriend story line but other than that the first episode laid down the markers for what will hopefully be the gripping tale of community living in total isolation with no hope of assistance.

I fear you have fell for the usual great opening episode. It's like you said, it will go nowhere but as long as that's known I guess it doesn't matter.

The Returned on C4 has been setup in a similar way.