Janet PlankJanet Plank Posts: 10,252
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Four that I know of
    Cath Tyldesley (Eva)
    Jennie McAlpine (Fiz)
    Paula Lane (Kylie) now back filming
    Samia Ghadie (Maria) shortly
    Thankyou, notdebbiedingle. Is Julie leaving because she is pregnant?
  • Options
    wavlovrwavlovr Posts: 3,741
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don`t think Julie is pregnant, is she?
    It wouldn`t surprise me if she`s leaving because she`s fed up of of SB. I`ll miss Julie as I`ve always liked her.
  • Options
    Belpry_1Belpry_1 Posts: 3,607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There's so many pregnancies from the corrie cast!

Congrats to her though.
  • Options
    daryl_spicerdaryl_spicer Posts: 1,894
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Faye is pregnant
  • Options
    Maria_RobinsonMaria_Robinson Posts: 3,004
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Congrats to Samia. However, perhaps its time now for her to spend more time with her family and write Maria out as she has been a pointless and vanilla character for years and is well past her sell by.
  • Options
    notdebbiedinglenotdebbiedingle Posts: 45,817
    Forum Member
    Congrats to Samia. However, perhaps its time now for her to spend more time with her family and write Maria out as she has been a pointless and vanilla character for years and is well past her sell by.

Whether she wants to spend more time with her family or not is her business!! Samia's maternity leave should be a time for the powers that be to think about the character & why they have overlooked one of their best actors for so long, thus turning her character into "pointless & vanilla" as you put it!! Throughout the 00's Maria was a vibrant delight of a character who was involved in some major storylines & given just a modicum of imagination she could be again!!
    If Samia does decide to stay away to spend more time wth her family then so be it, and I wouldn't blame her given the meagre fare she's been given over the last 3 years!! On a personal level I hope she comes back asap as I love her character & the way she plays her!! There are 30 or more characters more deserving of writing out than Maria/Samia in my opinion, she just desperately needs some decent material & she will never let you
    down!!
    Hopefully when she returns it wil be to a new writing & production team who can turn Maria back into the central character we know she can be & give her storylines she deserves far more than most of Blackburn's awful introductions!!
  • Options
    Westy2Westy2 Posts: 14,525
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Julie's actress was pregnant a couple or so years ago.
  • Options
    Maria_RobinsonMaria_Robinson Posts: 3,004
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well they dont even have to bother to write another ridiculous exit story for Maria as if we didnt see her for 6 months, I doubt if anyone would even notice.
  • Options
    bornfreebornfree Posts: 16,360
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They will have a beautiful child. Glad this relationship has lasted. Best wishes.
  • Options
    melloncollie06melloncollie06 Posts: 2,525
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When we do see her over the next few months, I imagine it'll be lots of facing-the-mirror shots with her standing behind some old lady pretending to perm/cut her hair to hide her bump.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Well they dont even have to bother to write another ridiculous exit story for Maria as if we didnt see her for 6 months, I doubt if anyone would even notice.

Fair comment but you could say exactly the same thing about any character who has had as little screen time as Maria has had in the last 3 years!! Try giving the likes of Carla, Tracy, Liz, Michelle etc no decent storylines & just the odd scene every five weeks or so for 3 years & see how quickly they become 'pointless & vanilla' characters, with people on here saying they're boing & should be axed!! Given lousy writing & no imagination it could happen to any character!! The answer is a kick up the backside for the writers & producer, not dismissing good characters just cos they can't think what to do with them!!
  • Options
    anndra_wanndra_w Posts: 6,557
    Forum Member
    The character is kind of boring. It reminds of Sally a little. There was a time when she was very nice but not very interesting then they decided to make her crazy, pushy Sally. It breathed new life into the character.
  • Options
    valkayvalkay Posts: 15,726
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    GoinGaga wrote: »
    There must be something in the water in Soapland just lately lol.

Is there one of those maternity seats which often appear in the press when all the women in a workplace fall pregnant.?:D:D
  • Options
    Soapfan678Soapfan678 Posts: 3,352
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bornfree wrote: »
    They will have a beautiful child. Glad this relationship has lasted. Best wishes.

I agree. Good luck to them both and hopefully the pregnancy goes well.:)
  • Options
    EvilredzebraEvilredzebra Posts: 16,162
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I think the actress who plays Julie announced a prenancy very shortly after the storyline that Julie could never have children!
  • Options
    sorrentosorrento Posts: 1,857
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

No.. the actress that plays Julie is not pregnant...she is leaving to try her hand at other things theatre being one of them...I think she said that they were leaving the door open for her return if she should choose too ...I like Julie and hope she does return sometime in the future.. I like her interaction with both Eileen and Todd infact she is one character that appears to get on well with everyone in the street ..
  • Options
    Westy2Westy2 Posts: 14,525
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    anndra_w wrote: »
    The character is kind of boring. It reminds of Sally a little. There was a time when she was very nice but not very interesting then they decided to make her crazy, pushy Sally. It breathed new life into the character.

Anyone remember when Maria was a meek little kennel maid & Tyrone was going out with her?

They split up, when Fiz first appeared.

Did she get together with Nick (The Adam Rickitt version!) then have a makeover or have a makeover before Nick?

She disappeared around that point too ISTR!
  • Options
    m-riverm-river Posts: 743
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They should just axe the character and be done with it, Boring, brainless, dull and irritating. Samia is a terrible actress too, just like the majority of them. The weakest storylines go to the weakest actors, simple as
  • Options
    Forum Member
    m-river wrote: »
    They should just axe the character and be done with it, Boring, brainless, dull and irritating. Samia is a terrible actress too, just like the majority of them. The weakest storylines go to the weakest actors, simple as

Your posts get more laughable by the minute!!! You do realise, I presume that a soap needs more than one character to function!!!!!!!
  • Options
    Multimedia81Multimedia81 Posts: 83,405
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    not anymore she's now with Sylvian Longchambon who she met on dancing on ice. i think he was with Jennifer Metcalfe at the time IIRC

Some actors are disappointed to leave in a taxi. It would be fitting if Maria leaves (for Samia's maternity leave) in a Mercedes! :D
    dd68 wrote: »
    She is very much a background character, she probably wouldn't need writing out

I think when Katy Kavanagh (Julie) went on maternity leave they just had her disappear for a few months without any storyline of any kind. Even Fiz was given a proper maternity exit storyline. Btw I notice Tyrone hardly ever says he misses Fiz! :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Some actors are disappointed to leave in a taxi. It would be fitting if Maria leaves (for Samia's maternity leave) in a Mercedes! :D

I think when Katy Kavanagh (Julie) went on maternity leave they just had her disappear for a few months without any storyline of any kind. Even Fiz was given a proper maternity exit storyline. Btw I notice Tyrone hardly ever says he misses Fiz! :p

Lol to the Mercedes comment, very good!! ;):D:D
  • Options
    Forum Member

Lol to the Mercedes comment, very good!! ;):D:D

Regarding a m/l exit storyline for Samia I'm easy either way!! As I say I'd be happy with just a good storyline, anything, for Maria before Samia leaves us, whether it be to pave way for her temporary exit or not!! For the actual 6 months m/l we see so little of her these days that she could quite feasibly be just offscreen for that time & just mentioned from time to time by Audrey , Luke etc!! As long as she's coming back at the end of it!!
    As for Tyrone he MUST be enjoying the peace & quiet of not having Fiz's whining, childlike voice in his ear 24/7!!

Finally just to reiterate my congratulations to Samia!! She's been a great Mum to Freya & any child of hers will never be wanting for love!! From what I've seen of Sylvain they seem well matched!!
  • Options
    firefly_irlfirefly_irl Posts: 4,015
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bornfree wrote: »

For now, lets not declare them Joanne Woodward and Paul Newman just yet.
  • Options
    Sorcha_27Sorcha_27 Posts: 138,852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Soapfan678 wrote: »
    I agree. Good luck to them both and hopefully the pregnancy goes well.:)

I wonder what jen metcalfe thinks lol
  • Options
    wavlovrwavlovr Posts: 3,741
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wonder what jen metcalfe thinks lol

I was wondering that too LOL
    :D