Options

Can I mark returned goods as "faulty".

jsmith99jsmith99 Posts: 20,382
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Today I bought a couple of UK to Euro electrical adaptors, two to a pack. Obviously, I can't test the Euro end, but I decided to test the three-pin part. I was expecting the usual struggle getting them out of the blister pack, but - no problem, the two sides just slid apart.

Unfortunately, the first plug I tried, it was a struggle to insert it. Then even worse getting them apart. The second plug just wouldn't go in.

I'll take them back, but I'm wondering whether someone else has done this already, and that's why the blister pack came apart easily. The shop is a large department store in Kingston, so I'd be surprised if that were the case, but you never know.

So am I allowed to write "Faulty" in large letters on the piece of card inside the pack?

Comments

• Options
    evil cevil c Posts: 7,833
    Forum Member
    Short answer - no. I'm sure you knew this already without needing to ask.
  • Options
    Keefy-boyKeefy-boy Posts: 13,613
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I disagree. As the items would be returned as faulty there is no legal requirement under the SOGA to return them in the original packaging so its condition is irrelevant.
  • Options
    jsmith99jsmith99 Posts: 20,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks, Keefy, I thought that might be the case. My main concern is that they might immediately put the package back on the rack (or whatever they call those things sticking out, with packs hung from them). On reflection, maybe I shouldn't have taken the front one.
  • Options
    Gusto BruntGusto Brunt Posts: 12,351
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That's why I never buy any electrical items from stores. It's murder getting any kind of refund.

I always shop online.

And remember: The Customer Is Always Right.
  • Options
    MythicaMythica Posts: 3,808
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's why I never buy any electrical items from stores. It's murder getting any kind of refund.

I always shop online.

And remember: The Customer Is Always Right.

The customer is rarely right.