GMTV Axed!

Taz93Taz93 Posts: 13,315
Forum Member
✭✭
http://tv.sky.com/itv-axe-gmtv-for-new-chiles-show

Looks like Kate, Emma and Lorraine are out of a job!

Comments

• elite fileselite files Posts: 15,602
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    what will replace it good afternoon televison GATV:D:D:D
  • fmradiotuner1fmradiotuner1 Posts: 20,491
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    what will replace it good afternoon televison GATV:D:D:D

How about ITV the Zone :D
  • Taz93Taz93 Posts: 13,315
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Can't believe they are axing it TBH.
  • James2001James2001 Posts: 73,617
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You can be pretty sure The Zone is going to take over more and more of the schedules as time goes on!
  • Desert RatDesert Rat Posts: 3,685
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lorraine is staying but her show won't be part of GMTV

GMTV will still exist off screen, its just that they've axed GMTV Today or whatever its called these days
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Desert Rat wrote: »

GMTV will still exist off screen, its just that they've axed GMTV Today or whatever its called these days

How can it still exist. You mean the website will still exist?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Taz93 wrote: »
    How can it still exist. You mean the website will still exist?

GMTV is technically a seperate channel to ITV1
  • MarkjukMarkjuk Posts: 30,427
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No loss about Kate Garraway, never did like her, her whole tone comes across as condesending.

Bit like the time her car was crushed for having an out of date tax disc!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-488244/More-woe-GMTVs-Kate-Garraway-parking-officials-crush-car.html
  • Loz_FraggleLoz_Fraggle Posts: 5,758
    Forum Member
    That article doesn't confirm it, it just states the things we know already, Chiles is coming in, Castle is leaving along with others. It doesn't provide a definite statement from ITV.
  • occyoccy Posts: 65,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How many more threads.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That article doesn't confirm it, it just states the things we know already, Chiles is coming in, Castle is leaving along with others. It doesn't provide a definite statement from ITV.

This link seems fairly certain.:confused:http://www.sky.com/
  • BigOrangeBigOrange Posts: 59,671
    Forum Member
    GMTV is technically a seperate channel to ITV1
    Not anymore now ITV have bought out Disney's stake. I expect the traditional 9.25am finish time for the breakfast show might go as well as part of the changes. It will probably finish at either 9am or 9:30am when the new show starts.

Emma Crosby won't be out of a job. She's moving to ITV's Lunchtime News. Frankly, she was always too good for GMTV.
  • RyAn_?RyAn_? Posts: 6,283
    Forum Member
    So basically it's GMTV with a new name and new presenters...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dancc wrote: »
    Not anymore now ITV have bought out Disney's stake. I expect the traditional 9.25am finish time for the breakfast show might go as well as part of the changes. It will probably finish at either 9am or 9:30am when the new show starts.

Emma Crosby won't be out of a job. She's moving to ITV's Lunchtime News. Frankly, she was always too good for GMTV.

GMTV still has its own requirements away from ITV1 though, but eventually OFCOM will no doubt integrate it into ITV1 and revise their quota.
  • Loz_FraggleLoz_Fraggle Posts: 5,758
    Forum Member
    Taz93 wrote: »
    This link seems fairly certain.:confused:http://www.sky.com/

But there's no statement from ITV confirming it, we all can put two and two together but if there's no statement from the powers that be confirming it, then it's not definite imo.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 958
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dancc wrote: »

But as i understand it, it is ITV Plc that has bought it, not ITV. So with STV and UTV its not that easy just to change the end time, because technically ITV Plc through the GMTV franchise will only have the rights to sell advertising nationally up to 9.25am, after that they dont have the rights to sell in the other franchises, and i cant see STV and UTV giving over time to ITV Plc (Unless a big pay cheque is involved)
  • suffolkbluesuffolkblue Posts: 4,059
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes i must admit i never watch GMTV due to the ads but watching a bit earlier i liked emma i think she would be good alongside giles but thats just my opinion.
  • Stupid_HeadStupid_Head Posts: 37,826
    Forum Member

They will never get rid of Lorraine will they. :yawn:
  • occyoccy Posts: 65,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It would have cost ITV a hell of a lot of money if they didn't take control. It's a way to try and get a new focus on news as they are lagging behind Sky and BBC? I don't know what it will look like, but I can see it being more a consumer, newsy show.

It will be like the one show on ITV in the Mornings.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,485
    Forum Member
    RyAn_? wrote: »
    So basically it's GMTV with a new name and new presenters...

ITV-AM?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,822
    Forum Member
    Has the recession hit them that bad?! love the show.. what am I going to watch from now on in the mornings? :(
  • Murray MintMurray Mint Posts: 9,129
    Forum Member
    diary_room wrote: »
    ITV-AM?

I think the new name is ITV Daybreak :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How about ITV the Zone :D

maybe we will get more jeremy kyle:eek::D
    Forum Member