How do you know you have a Nail Varnish problem?

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 237
    Forum Member
    I counted mine earlier and I have 57 :eek:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm on about 80 something these days i think
  • ElanorElanor Posts: 13,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Urgh. I need to paint my nails - they've been bare most of the weekend. But I'm feeling NO inspiration for any of the colours I've got. I have no idea what to choose - nothing is jumping out at me today. :(
  • daisyduck1976daisyduck1976 Posts: 1,166
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mine needs updating too. It was lovely but has two big chips now from when I did the washing up with no gloves on!

I'm thinking of one of my purple shades with glitter tips perhaps?
    Forum Member
    Please can anyone give me advice how to apply the Barry M croc effects? I have put some on tonight and its gone on to thick on one hand and two thin on the other :confused:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Elanor wrote: »
    Urgh. I need to paint my nails - they've been bare most of the weekend. But I'm feeling NO inspiration for any of the colours I've got. I have no idea what to choose - nothing is jumping out at me today. :(

Elanor use The One That Got Away with the barry m one in the previous post over as tips. I did it with TOTGA and Teenage Dream (same collection) and it was amazing.

Barry M Croc, eugh thats hard to use.
    Put it on your nails while they're still a bit wet, obviously not totally wet, but so they could still smudge wet
    it takes a few minutes, but i found holding my nails by the radiator helped, and i know a few people have used a hairdryer to speed it up

hope that helps!
    Forum Member
    Thanks Jane I will try that tonight, I ended up taking it off since it looked a mess :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jane-hen12 wrote: »
    Elanor use The One That Got Away with the barry m one in the previous post over as tips. I did it with TOTGA and Teenage Dream (same collection) and it was amazing.

That sounds nice, I may try that tonight.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 459
    Forum Member
    I finally managed to order the Model's Own Beetlejuice Collection on Saturday, I'm really excited for them to get here so I can try them. Though that does mean I've acquired 12 nail polishes in two days :o
  • BethaneenyBethaneeny Posts: 10,094
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    These are mine at the moment, it's Rimmel's Azure with Barry M's Limited edition silver glitter over the top :)

Going on a nail varnish haul tomorrow, any recommendations? Remember I'm on a student budget! As long as it looks pretty, I don't mind how cheap it is!

I only have 15 nail varnishes here :(
    Barry M: Clear topcoat, Silver glitter, lilac foil, vivid purple, grey, indigo, and blue moon
    MUA: (which I don't really like) Pink and Khaki (dont think they have official names!)
    Rimmel: Azure
    Nails Inc: Victoria
    2true: clear topcoat, purple shade 16
    Body Shop: Black glitter
    Jack Wills:
    lilac
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Beth, on a budget, I would recommend Claire's Accessories. They aren't the best polishes ever, but they're only a couple of quid and they have loads of fab colours - a whole range of bright glittery ones, and some brights and pastels etc. I don't think they're particularly long lasting or anything, and they seem to need a lot of shaking to mix the colour, but at that price you can have a lot of variety!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Elanor wrote: »
    Beth, on a budget, I would recommend Claire's Accessories. They aren't the best polishes ever, but they're only a couple of quid and they have loads of fab colours - a whole range of bright glittery ones, and some brights and pastels etc. I don't think they're particularly long lasting or anything, and they seem to need a lot of shaking to mix the colour, but at that price you can have a lot of variety!

How long do the polishes themselves last? Like, in the bottle? Because I've had to throw a few out, mixed brands, because they've gone all gooey :(
    Forum Member
    Bethaneeny wrote: »
    These are mine at the moment, it's Rimmel's Azure with Barry M's Limited edition silver glitter over the top :)

Going on a nail varnish haul tomorrow, any recommendations? Remember I'm on a student budget! As long as it looks pretty, I don't mind how cheap it is!

I only have 15 nail varnishes here :(
    Barry M: Clear topcoat, Silver glitter, lilac foil, vivid purple, grey, indigo, and blue moon
    MUA: (which I don't really like) Pink and Khaki (dont think they have official names!)
    Rimmel: Azure
    Nails Inc: Victoria
    2true: clear topcoat, purple shade 16
    Body Shop: Black glitter
    Jack Wills:
    lilac

NYC (New York Color) stocked in Superdrug, they're something like £1.79 a bottle and for that price they are amazeballs. Highly pigmented, loads of them you only have to use one coat of and they don't chip easily.

ETA: Collection 2000 Hot Looks ones as well, very cheap, wide selection of bright colours and they're pretty decent for the price. They're like £1.89 or something iirc.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    barelyreal wrote: »
    NYC (New York Color) stocked in Superdrug, they're something like £1.79 a bottle and for that price they are amazeballs. Highly pigmented, loads of them you only have to use one coat of and they don't chip easily.

ETA: Collection 2000 Hot Looks ones as well, very cheap, wide selection of bright colours and they're pretty decent for the price. They're like £1.89 or something iirc.

I'll definately have to look at these! :) Thanks :)
  • TiggergirlTiggergirl Posts: 2,084
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    barelyreal wrote: »
    NYC (New York Color) stocked in Superdrug, they're something like £1.79 a bottle and for that price they are amazeballs. Highly pigmented, loads of them you only have to use one coat of and they don't chip easily.ETA: Collection 2000 Hot Looks ones as well, very cheap, wide selection of bright colours and they're pretty decent for the price. They're like £1.89 or something iirc.

I picked up a couple of these just before Xmas the one I'm favouring at the moment is Chelsea and think Manhatten is the other colour I got. Planning on picking up a few more.

Have added another few OPI's to the collection Now have Arose at Dawn Broke by Noon which I absolutely adore and can get away with one coat and California Raspberry that I haven't tried and Happy Anniversary. Toyed with the China Glaze Crackles especially the aqua, pink and lilac shades but have resisted for now. I do really like Skyscraper from the China Glaze range and really regretting not buying it now. Can't remember if I mentioned them before but also purchased Going Gonzo and the OPI Turquoise shatter in the last few months.

Prefer Gonzo as a glitter second coat over a blue polish its fab over Teal The Cows come home
  • daisyduck1976daisyduck1976 Posts: 1,166
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have read some good reviews on the blogs of the Beauty UK ranges and the Fashionista polishes too. Both cheap and at Superdrug. I had a little look on Saturday- some good colours. I resisted mainly because I had an OPI/Nubar related incident on BeautyBay.com last week and I mustn't be naughty again for a while!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I gave in and got china glaze polishes. Ruby Pumps (obviously, I've been lusting after it for so long) and Turned up Turquoise which dries matte, such excitement!

Problem is my nails are in a terrible state, all peeling, so i'm having to take some time off with nail envy and thats it. :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I got one of the NYC ones to try out :) But even better, it should have been £1.79, but the woman said I had £1 worth of points, so it only cost me 79p! :)

Would have got more but was with some friends and we'd been in town all afternoon!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I got one of the NYC ones to try out :) But even better, it should have been £1.79, but the woman said I had £1 worth of points, so it only cost me 79p! :)

Would have got more but was with some friends and we'd been in town all afternoon!

Already taken this one off! Took 5 coats before my nail wasn't visible through it! Only had it on one nail to see if I liked it.

Very watery aswell, glad I didn't get any more!
  • TiggergirlTiggergirl Posts: 2,084
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I gave in and got china glaze polishes. Ruby Pumps (obviously, I've been lusting after it for so long) and Turned up Turquoise which dries matte, such excitement!

Problem is my nails are in a terrible state, all peeling, so i'm having to take some time off with nail envy and thats it. :(

This is one of my all times favs now and it took me ages to get but was worth the wait.

I like the fact that with one coat is a kind of pink red but two coats it really sparkles.
    Forum Member
    Already taken this one off! Took 5 coats before my nail wasn't visible through it! Only had it on one nail to see if I liked it.

Very watery aswell, glad I didn't get any more!

Which one was it? I have I think Prince Street, Canal Street and Midtown and the most I've ever had to do with them is two coats. Mind you, they're all quite dark colours! Prince Street is a lovely purple, Canal Street is like a dark bronzey brown and Midtown is neon pinkish.
    Forum Member
    Oh and forgot to say, nails are currently Barry M Silver Foil and OPI Ogre-The-Top Blue, on alternating nails. It looks pretty good I think.

Eagerly awaiting my new Models Own ones that should hopefully be coming tomorrow!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How long do the polishes themselves last? Like, in the bottle? Because I've had to throw a few out, mixed brands, because they've gone all gooey :(

I have no idea, I've never used them. I tend to think that you get what you pay for, and I'm sure the very cheap polishes are stuffed full of heavy duty chemicals. They're the ones that evaporate most quickly, leaving you with gloopy polish. You can always thin it down with thinner or restorer though, although I suppose that defeats the object. But if you're after cheap and cheerful, lots of colours, on a budget, then there are loads of brands available.
    Ruby Pumps (obviously, I've been lusting after it for so long)
    Tiggergirl wrote: »
    This is one of my all times favs now and it took me ages to get but was worth the wait.

Isn't Ruby Pumps lovely? I do love it. Emerald Sparkle is great too, the same thing in green.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 97
    Forum Member
    I got the Barry M Gold Crackle for Christmas too, has anyone else used this? I can't think what colour to use underneath it? Im worried that if I have a dark colour underneath then the gold crackle wont show much...any help?!

Also, has anyone got or ever used these KONAD stamps I've heard a lot about recently. Are they really as easy to use as they look?! Worth investing?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 52
    Forum Member
    zoboes wrote: »
    Also, has anyone got or ever used these KONAD stamps I've heard a lot about recently. Are they really as easy to use as they look?! Worth investing?

I got for some Konad stampers for Christmas and they are very easy to use. Downside is the Konad nail varnish is expensive, but I've been experimenting with some of my other varnishes and they work ok.