iOS 6 Thoughts?

Comments

• psionicpsionic Posts: 20,188
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pumazooma wrote: »
    I think their deal with google ran out so they had to. Or pay up for another spell which they obviously didn't want to do.

Apparently they are paying TomTom instead.
  • SamDudeSamDude Posts: 84
    Forum Member
    Best thing I've found - the ability to change the order of your email mailboxes.

Apple had 'their way' of ordering your mailboxes (couldn't figure out what it was), but if you had different Exchange accounts, POP accounts, IMAP accounts and/or Hotmail/GMail accounts, you couldn't list them in the order *you* wanted.

Now I don't have to scroll down to find my IMAP account that I use the most.

With iOS6 you can! Wow!*

(*just a little bit sarcastic)
  • -GONZO--GONZO- Posts: 9,624
    Forum Member
    psionic wrote: »

Yeah when you touch the folded bit to bring up the options it says 'data from Tom Tom'.
    There's also a 'Report A Problem' link next to it too which I think could be used a lot once everyone knows its there.
    It has a few options for reporting outdated map, poor quality image etc.
  • andy.saundersandy.saunders Posts: 856
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    EE has now changed to Orange again on my 4s
  • Rich_LRich_L Posts: 6,110
    Forum Member
    Is there a dedicated iPad app for YouTube or do you just have to use the iPhone version and make the screen bigger (and thus distorted) on the iPad?

The version on the app store currently is for iPhone but says it also 'works' on iPad, is that the most we can hope for?
  • late8late8 Posts: 7,175
    Forum Member
    Rich_L wrote: »
    Is there a dedicated iPad app for YouTube or do you just have to use the iPhone version and make the screen bigger (and thus distorted) on the iPad?

The version on the app store currently is for iPhone but says it also 'works' on iPad, is that the most we can hope for?

Not yet. One is coming apparently. :rolleyes:
  • acoolwelshblokeacoolwelshbloke Posts: 3,185
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You would think people would have the intellect to check this stuff out before rushing to upgrade their software.
    Forum Member
    late8 wrote: »
    Not yet. One is coming apparently. :rolleyes:

Right - at least they are 'on' it then...
    Forum Member
    You would think people would have the intellect to check this stuff out before rushing to upgrade their software.

Human nature I'm afraid.
  • welwynrosewelwynrose Posts: 33,666
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No-one was forced to "upgrade" anything. As far as I know it's entirely upto you whether you decide to upgrade or not.

I personally wish I didn't bother now.

OH hasn't updated his 3GS to the last release let alone the new release
  • alanwarwicalanwarwic Posts: 28,396
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kidspud wrote: »
    I put in my postcode (which neither phone could have cached) and the apple maps loaded noticeably faster.....
    I'm not claiming this is some conclusive test...

The new maps certainly won't be slow, but there will be plenty of debate when the Google ones get slower and slower.
  • asyousayasyousay Posts: 38,838
    Forum Member
    I am so glad I learnt from the last update and have not updated. The last one it toally wiped all my phone and it took forever to sort out .

This has just happenend to a few friends today and it does not exactly make me want to rush out and upgrade tomorrow now . Until this happened I had forgotten about my nightmare updating fiasco and this has suddenly brought it all back to me and what a complete nightmare it was as I lost everythIng.
  • flagpoleflagpole Posts: 44,641
    Forum Member
    alanwarwic wrote: »
    The new maps certainly won't be slow, but there will be plenty of debate when the Google ones get slower and slower.
    how do you know google maps is going to get slower?
  • Ramsay LaddersRamsay Ladders Posts: 3,017
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    EE has now changed to Orange again on my 4s

My T-Mobile phone is still EE.

Strange thing, at work I barely get a signal but today I am getting a steady 2 bars. Might be a coincidence but there you go.
  • Ramsay LaddersRamsay Ladders Posts: 3,017
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Big Poy wrote: »
    I assumed he was being sarcastic/ironic, no?

Probably yes. My sarcasm-monitor was faulty this morning. Doubtless another iOS bug.:D
  • Wynne EvansWynne Evans Posts: 1,066
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Louise-ann wrote: »
    There was a mention of 'Maps' change on the Apple website...

I've still not had a single issue with iOS6

Bet you have.

iOS6 is a buggy mess, Apple have seriously screwed up this time, the maps are slow at loading and very blocky, as for the Faceshit/Shitter integration well its pointless.
  • Wynne EvansWynne Evans Posts: 1,066
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Jesus wept.:mad:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    flagpole wrote: »
    how do you know google maps is going to get slower?
    I don't, they might even get faster with only a few stragglers left on them.

I don't know know they are served up but in a tit for tat environment I often expect users to lose out.
  • late8late8 Posts: 7,175
    Forum Member
    oops

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-19659736

must admit this iOS6 update has be as uninspiring as the iPhone 5
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tom Tom has been debt laden/semi-bankrupt for quite a while now so Apple certainly got a good deal.

A bit like those Sharp tablet and smartphone screens I imagine.
    Apple cash now helps both Sharp and Tom Tom.
  • seelleeseellee Posts: 10,658
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    oops

What were you expecting from the hardware? You aren't allowed to mention NFC, removeable battery or SD cards :D
  • flagpoleflagpole Posts: 44,641
    Forum Member
    alanwarwic wrote: »
    I don't, they might even get faster with only a few stragglers left on them.

I don't know know they are served up but in a tit for tat environment I often expect users to lose out.

I'm not sure that iOS devices accessing Google maps is a significant drain on google's bandwidth.

Google maps has been neglected. But you can't rule Google out on anything.

It's interesting to me. Apple had basically a one off chance to actually uninstall Google maps from your device and replace it. They may well have wasted it.
  • kidspudkidspud Posts: 18,341
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bet you have.

iOS6 is a buggy mess, Apple have seriously screwed up this time, the maps are slow at loading and very blocky, as for the Faceshit/Shitter integration well its pointless.

Apple are obviously giving different people different versions of the software. I spent lunchtime with a S2 and two 4S (one iOS5 and one iOS6). Maps are loading quicker on the 4S iOS6.

All 3 are on O2 (business tariff) and all 3G signals (they are about a foot apart from each other.
    Forum Member
    oops

I bet it works perfectly in America too.
  • -GONZO--GONZO- Posts: 9,624
    Forum Member
    Bet you have.

Its only pointless for those that don't use them.
    If however for someone that dose use them then they come in very handy.