What have you accidently stolen?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 127
Forum Member
A few months ago I went to a cash machine outside a tesco express. I got some cash out and went into the show to buy some milk. When i was at the check out I realised I had left my money in the cash machine. I walked out of the shop and back to the cash machine with the milk. I had accidently stolen the milk.

Our lass, whilst on the self scan in sainsburys, my girlfriend scanned some pasta and it didn't scan. She didn't notice and put it in her bag. She payed her bill and walked off.

Comments

• *weeschmoo**weeschmoo* Posts: 9,713
    Forum Member
    A coupe of hearts.:(

Oh and once I walked out of the shop with a pack of nappies hanging on the handle of the pram - but I went back and paid for them.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 78
    Forum Member
    A Bob the Builder pen..

I was in a card shop, and for no reason I can explain, picked up a pen from the counter (whilst I was paying for the card!) and popped it into my handbag.

No idea why, no idea what caused me to do it, only realised when I got home that I'd stolen it.
  • mummypiggetmummypigget Posts: 12,325
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Some pop.

I had put them under the pushchair and they were too big for the basket. At the check out it was busy and I just bagged the stuff, paid and left but just carried the bags. I didn't stop until I was nearly home, I was mortified.

I made my hubby go back when he got home from work that night and pay for them :o I didn't want to get arrested :D

Also a toy plane from poundland. I gave it to my son to hold and forgot to take it from him to pay. I didn't realise til I got home because he fell asleep!!
  • epicurianepicurian Posts: 19,291
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Some fish and chips and some Guniess while drunk. I was with a group of friends at a pub, I ate my meal and when my ride showed up I just got up and left. I didn't remember until the next day, but fortunately one of my mates paid my bill for me-- although I've never lived it down. :o
  • RAINBOWGIRL22RAINBOWGIRL22 Posts: 24,459
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A bottle of wine from an off licence :eek: I thought the guy had already charged for it and put it in my handbag! I had purchased various other things and was also buying some cig's for my OH - it was only when I got home and divvied out my OH's change I realised I had £6 too much! But I admit I didn't go back :eek:

In a bar (yes this also involves wine :D) I ordered a large round including a bottle of wine - barmaid didn't charge for the wine and I didn't correct her.

I am bad!!!
  • FritzFritz Posts: 147
    Forum Member
    about 25 years ago my mum had to have an operation and spent some time in hospital, so us kids were home alone with dad. That meant dad was in charge of cooking, cleaning shopping etc. It was going reasonably well until he went to Tescos and went to the meat counter first and laid all the meat on the bottom of the trolley. Then he went to the bread counter got six loaves (we were heavily into freezing stuff in those days!) and put them on top of the meat. He then went and put the rest of the shopping on top of the bread (yes, I know, he had no idea how to pack a trolley!!). When he got to the checkout, he got everything out and reached the bread - the cashier just asked him if that was just the 6 loaves in the bottom, and he replied yes - she just put the 6 loaves through without getting them out of the trolley. He paid and left the shop. It was only when he got to the car and unpacked the shopping that he found about £20 worth of meat under the bread that had not been paid for!
  • rick182rick182 Posts: 11,092
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A few months ago I went to a cash machine outside a tesco express. I got some cash out and went into the show to buy some milk. When i was at the check out I realised I had left my money in the cash machine. I walked out of the shop and back to the cash machine with the milk. I had accidently stolen the milk.

Our lass, whilst on the self scan in sainsburys, my girlfriend scanned some pasta and it didn't scan. She didn't notice and put it in her bag. She payed her bill and walked off.

Was the money still there?
  • BZRBZR Posts: 2,197
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    my mum said when i was in my pushchair i nicked some slippers, however they were a size 8 and no use to anyone
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 200
    Forum Member
    I wondered out of Tesco with three extra cases of beer during the world cup! while shopping realised the offer was about to end so put six cases in the trolley, and packed my shopping around them, teller said not to put them all on as it was heavy for her lifting the cases through the scanner so I didn't. Wasn't till I got home and looked at the receipt I realised she had assumed I had only picked up the offer of three cases!..

Oh well it's Tesco I can't feel bad about it they have over £100 of my money each week :D
  • yorkiegalyorkiegal Posts: 18,929
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just last week, some earrings from Sainsburys. They'd wedged in the bottom of my trolley and I didn't find them until I was out in the carpark. I would have missed my bus if I'd taken them back so I just put them in my bag and left. Figured I've spent a fortune in that store over the years so £3 won't bankrupt them.
  • 2shy20072shy2007 Posts: 52,579
    Forum Member
    yorkiegal wrote: »
    Just last week, some earrings from Sainsburys. They'd wedged in the bottom of my trolley and I didn't find them until I was out in the carpark. I would have missed my bus if I'd taken them back so I just put them in my bag and left. Figured I've spent a fortune in that store over the years so £3 won't bankrupt them.
    The same thing happened to me, in ASDA, I saw a lovely dress ring and put it in the trolley,and it wedged itself down in the bottom.
    Hubby thought it had fallen out of the bag in the car park so popped it in the car . Later on we realised that it did not go through the checkout :o Didn't take it back though .
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,451
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I accidently walked out of a newsagent with a newspaper under my arm. What I'd done was changed my mind, and forgot to put the paper back on the shelf, and ended up walking out of the shop with it!!
  • kiviraatkiviraat Posts: 4,634
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    4 pack of beer in Tesco. I was at the self-scan and thought scanning one can would automatically price all four like it did in ASDA, but I got away with three free cans. The assistant didn't notice either. Didn't realise til I was halfway home :D
  • SecretSmilerSecretSmiler Posts: 1,015
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I filled my car up with petrol, went in and picked up a packet of mints

got to the checkout and said pump number 5 or whatever and the mints

when i got home and looked at card receipt, realised they had only charged me for mints :eek:

Disclaimer: was donkeys years ago :D
  • gomezzgomezz Posts: 44,611
    Forum Member
    Accidently stolen is an oxymoron.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,109
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When I lived in Germany I used to walk down to the local town to pick up nappies and 24 packs of cat food. I'd put them in the bottom of my son's pram while I did the rest of my shopping and the number of times I paid for my other items but forgot to get the nappies/cat food scanned are countless!:o

I also put 2 England flags in the hood on his pram while I carried it upstairs in a sports shop that didn't have a lift, so I had my hands free, then forgot they were there and didn't find them until about 2 hours later.:o:o
  • JELLIES0JELLIES0 Posts: 6,709
    Forum Member
    A bag of sweets in a little sweet shop in the shopping centre in Shrewsbury. I picked up one bag and started looking for something else. I couldn't find it (can't remember what it was). My kids each bought something and I walked out with them, bag of sweets in hand without having paid.
    Twenty yards further along the corridor I said "Blinking Heck, I haven't paid fro these " so dashed back to the shop to explain and apologise.
    Instead of understanding and perhaps thanking me for my honesty, I had a right rollocking from the shop assistant. Made me feel like telling her where she could stick her sweets. :mad:
  • Babe RainbowBabe Rainbow Posts: 34,349
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I went into a jewellers once - many years ago - to get a new strap put on my watch. I chatted to the assistant for about 5 minutes while she did it and then just walked out. It was only a couple of hours later when I was home that it suddenly struck me that I hadn't paid. I did wonder how long it took the assistant to realise.
  • spotyspoty Posts: 11,195
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Christmas shopping and I put 4 rolls of sellotape on my arm/wrist, because my hands were full. Didn't notice them till I was near the bus stop and was too stressed out to go back and pay..:o
  • stackmanstackman Posts: 710
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I went into a shop on a rainy day and picked up a couple of items and a new umbrella. Put it all on the counter and paid what was asked.

When I got home I realised I hadn't been charged for the brolly, the sales assistant must have assumed it was already mine and I had put it on the counter while I got my wallet out!
  • A321A321 Posts: 6,363
    Forum Member
    Nothing accidentally.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    I once accidentally stole a Tesco Magazine, a few years ago, thinking it was free by the door. It wasn't so my mum ran to take it back before Tesco sent the feds.
  • ScottishWoodyScottishWoody Posts: 23,237
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    an iPod!

A few years ago now I bought an iPod Mini from Currys. The iPod didn't worked for a few days but quickly deteriorated and failed to work. I got the box and accessories then took the product back to the store where they exchanged it for a new one. On the way home I noticed something, it was the old iPod, still in my pocket! I kept it out the box planning to show them that it wasn't working, but instead just swapped the box across. And to top it all of, it was working again!

I never did return it. :o
  • ForestChavForestChav Posts: 35,127
    Forum Member
    CABLEDUDE wrote: »
    I once accidentally stole a Tesco Magazine, a few years ago, thinking it was free by the door. It wasn't so my mum ran to take it back before Tesco sent the feds.
    Probably wouldn't be the feds. You'd probably get moaned at by a security guard who would probably recover the magazine, take your name and address, which Tesco would then pass on to someone called Retail Loss Prevention, and RLP would then "invoice" you for the damages (which are precisely nil, but they would still invoice you for it) - they're completely unenforceable, because it hasn't gone to court, and they have the same (zero) power to deal with it as I would... also, as it is legally the same as a credit agreement they would be breaking the law attempting to do civil recovery on you anyway as you're what, 15, and you have to be 18 to enter into a credit agreement (they would legally need to invoice your parents but that's still unenforceable).
    gomezz wrote: »
    Accidently stolen is an oxymoron.

I was going to say this. Theft needs the intent to permanently deprive - if you do so accidentally then as you don't know you're stealing you can't be stealing. You cannot accidentally steal, it is a contradiction in terms.
  • wayne71wayne71 Posts: 219
    Forum Member
    Nothing accidently, loads on purpose.