Anyone use Orange UMA?

FritzFritz Posts: 147
Forum Member
And have you been having problems with it over the last couple of days? It's worked almost more or less perfectly since there were a series of blips with it in March/April this year but I've had no service on it at all since Thursday evening.... which is spookily the day that I agreed to use the orange/T-Mobile networks rather than just orange. Could just be a co-incidence but not so sure..... Is anyone's UMA working at the moment?

Comments

• Thine WonkThine Wonk Posts: 17,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Do you mean UTMS ?

I don't think you mean UMA.
  • coolesticekingcoolesticeking Posts: 146
    Forum Member
    Can only use UMA here due to having no signal on Orange - It has been fine this week, had problems with texts not sending last week?
  • doubledecksdoubledecks Posts: 227
    Forum Member
    UMA working fine for me, but dont use it much now as I get a good signal at home with orange/tmobile sharing.
  • FritzFritz Posts: 147
    Forum Member
    Hmm, thanks all for your replies. Yes, I definitely mean UMA - been using it fine for months! might do a reset of a few things if its working OK for others!
  • Thine WonkThine Wonk Posts: 17,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ah ok I looked it up I'd forgotten about that.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3
    Forum Member
    Fritz wrote: »
    Hmm, thanks all for your replies. Yes, I definitely mean UMA - been using it fine for months! might do a reset of a few things if its working OK for others!

Any joy? Might just be a coincidence, but my Blackberry has also lost UMA since Thursday evening yet my wife's Nokia 6301 is working fine.
    Orange reckon my phone is u/s but I have my doubts as their fault finding was not exactly 100%.

Please keep everyone posted.
  • coolesticekingcoolesticeking Posts: 146
    Forum Member
    Just incase anyone needs these details in future - I found UMA worked a lot better when I ensured my Router & Firewall was allowed to use the following as it used to block them every now and again:

Requires Ports: 500, 4500, 50 & 51
    Hostnames: singlephone.orange.co.uk &
    unc.singlephone.orange.co.uk:14001
    IP Address: 193.35.136.240 /28
  • Saint_ErrantSaint_Errant Posts: 474
    Forum Member
    I found UMA dropped after signing up for the T-Mobile/Orange share. I am on a Blackberry Torch and a battery pull sorted the problem out and it has worked fine ever since.
    Forum Member
    I now have 2 people - one on here and a friend of mine who also uses UMA who have lost UMA service since the T mobile switch - though they all did so on Thursday so it could just be a coincidence in that orange may have been having UMA issues since Thursday (I gather from previous issues with UMA that there are 4 UMA servers and it's possible that one is dead, which happens to be the one that I'm assigned to).

If it goes on much longer I will have to call tech support.... but I need a whole evening in to do that because it takes that long to convince them that your wi-fi IS working fine and you can browse the internet on the phone using your wi-fi absolutely fine and that the UMA HAS always worked... that is, of course if you get someone who knows what UMA is on the other end of the phone!!

I have tried a battery pull already but will try again when I get home this evening!
    Forum Member
    It's now been down for 6 days - going to call CS tonight... wish me luck!