Best Series EVER!

Twinkle toes noTwinkle toes no Posts: 1,923
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I'm so happy right now. Just watched the re run of Strictly on Saturday. So many gifted Celebs. Loving all the Pros left. Even the Celebs that have gone most of them have been 'pretty good but not quite there'. And even the less than gifted shall we say have really been good sports and enjoyable to watch (Shhhhhh Scott/Judy) such game people. Kind of miss Brucie (just for you Terry) but the girls (all 3 of them) I'm really actually liking - gives a new dynamic. I'm loving it :):):):)

Comments

• londongirlGrelondongirlGre Posts: 23,413
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is the first series, that I have properly loved. They picked good celebrities. Also, the hosts are doing a good job. :)
  • Cal ChristopherCal Christopher Posts: 268
    Forum Member
    Frankie enriches the experience x1000 for me, personally. :D
  • londongirlGrelondongirlGre Posts: 23,413
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Frankie enriches the experience x1000 for me, personally. :D

Simon, for me. :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,340
    Forum Member
    I liked series 3, 4, 5, 6, 8 and 10 best of all.
  • Twinkle toes noTwinkle toes no Posts: 1,923
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm loving all the pros and celebs left and Claude and zowie and hats off to Tess. She I think is a good and professional presenter and I think all the dancers love her which is good. I'm feeling the luuurrrvvvvvv :) Compare our beloved Strictlt to the dire X Factor and (apart from Ant and Dec) the dire I'm A Celebrity Jungle.
  • Mystical123Mystical123 Posts: 15,820
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nothing will top series 5 and 8 for me - they had exceptionally talented celebs and pros and unforgettable dances. And for the most part few gimmicks or stupid themes.

This series has a lot of decent celebs but no-one brilliant, the theme weeks have been poor, the music choices atrocious and the amount of props, backing dancers and other gimmicks abysmal.

It's a long, long way from being the best series ever.
  • lundavralundavra Posts: 31,790
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nothing will top series 5 and 8 for me - they had exceptionally talented celebs and pros and unforgettable dances. And for the most part few gimmicks or stupid themes.

This series has a lot of decent celebs but no-one brilliant, the theme weeks have been poor, the music choices atrocious and the amount of props, backing dancers and other gimmicks abysmal.

It's a long, long way from being the best series ever.

It all sounds like 'the weather was better when I was a child'! :):):)
  • RoseAnneRoseAnne Posts: 3,203
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm so happy right now. Just watched the re run of Strictly on Saturday. So many gifted Celebs. Loving all the Pros left. Even the Celebs that have gone most of them have been 'pretty good but not quite there'. And even the less than gifted shall we say have really been good sports and enjoyable to watch (Shhhhhh Scott/Judy) such game people. Kind of miss Brucie (just for you Terry) but the girls (all 3 of them) I'm really actually liking - gives a new dynamic. I'm loving it :):):):)

I agree. Good selection of good,fair,not so good and awful celebs. Even the bad ones managed a memorable dance. Loved Scott's and Joanne's Addams family routine and Judy's Viennese waltz.
    I was really getting fed up of Brucie last year and I've enjoyed the ladies hosting it.
    Yep, good series for me.
  • fefsterfefster Posts: 7,388
    Forum Member
    I don't usually complain about Strictly and have enjoyed every year, apart from this one.

One week, I didn't even watch it all, which is astounding for me.
    I am bored with these celebs.

I can't warm to Pixie, find Frankie really dull to watch, don't enjoy Sunetras dancing and it took me a while just to recall Simons name. Jake is OK and is probably the only one I am remotely interested in.

I think the producers need to remember that viewers prefer a journey to an already accomplished dancer who is just turning up for their day job.
  • mad_madge_morrimad_madge_morri Posts: 850
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I just can't get into it this year. I expect it's just me. I don't even make a point of watching ITT. I like Tess, Claud and Zoe and think they are doing a great job. I'm just a bit jaded with the whole thing
  • Irma BuntIrma Bunt Posts: 1,847
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This season is really lacking for me, somehow. I'm not sure if it's the calibre of celebrities (not terribly high) or the fact that the show seems ever more dumbed down. Frankie and Pixie are lovely, but there's a certain dullness about even them. And Pixie and her partner do have a look of the Master Race about them. It all feels like it's going through the motions, to me, without much zest or enthusiasm.

But it's all subjective.
  • Irma BuntIrma Bunt Posts: 1,847
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    fefster wrote: »

I think the producers need to remember that viewers prefer a journey to an already accomplished dancer who is just turning up for their day job.

I'm not sure I agree. Personally, I'm sick of tedious "journeys". Last year, Natalie was outstanding and was the winner in my eyes. But I do get the impression she was thrown to the wolves a bit by the producers over her previous experience. As someone who works in the TV industry, I know that anyone who has been to drama school - and that includes many presenters - will have had dance training. Jake, this year, is a prime example. So either the show bans anyone who has had any kind of dance training, or it doesn't.
  • SeymourSeymour Posts: 8,248
    Forum Member
    Best Series EVER!

Nah, imo it is a series just made for sky+...I wouldn't bother watching if I didn't have the option to use the FF button.
  • missfrankiecatmissfrankiecat Posts: 8,388
    Forum Member
    Maybe I'm just jaded, but this is one of the worst series for me - up there with all time low of Series 7. The music is terrible, most of the dances just freestyle show dances very little to do with learning Ballroom or Latin, several of the pros apparently just dialling it in (Ola, Brendan and, unbelievably, Tristan), the judges interventions meaningless and seldom much based on the merit of the dances, and the weekly guest stars old and jaded. Most of all, although all the celebs are pleasant and many very competent, none have engaged me to support them except for Judy Murray and it comes to something when the most interesting and engaging contestant on a dance show can't dance!
  • poshnoshposhnosh Posts: 1,166
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    fefster wrote: »
    I don't usually complain about Strictly and have enjoyed every year, apart from this one.

One week, I didn't even watch it all, which is astounding for me.
    I am bored with these celebs.

I can't warm to Pixie, find Frankie really dull to watch, don't enjoy Sunetras dancing and it took me a while just to recall Simons name. Jake is OK and is probably the only one I am remotely interested in.

I think the producers need to remember that viewers prefer a journey to an already accomplished dancer who is just turning up for their day job.[/

Sounds like Christmas will be a bundle of fun at yours this year! :)
  • soexcitedsoexcited Posts: 177
    Forum Member
    No where near the best series for me. Only jakes dance week 2 and frankies wicked on Halloween have stood out for me thus far. Hoping for something special on Saturday when we have tickets.
  • nancy1975nancy1975 Posts: 19,686
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    NO!

It's one of the worst and most boring. Lack of content, class, ludicrous judges, tacky pro dances. dumbed down..but I don't need to go on. Not just a world away from the highs of Series 5 but an entire solar system.
  • Mystical123Mystical123 Posts: 15,820
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lundavra wrote: »
    It all sounds like 'the weather was better when I was a child'! :):):)

Well at least I gave reasons!

I'm perfectly entitled to think previous series are better, and it's simply a fact from a technical dance point of view that some of the celebs in previous series were much better than the current crop, primarily because at one point there was actual rules and the pros could focus on teaching technique, not messing around with props, stupid themes and music that doesn't fit the dance!
  • MonksealMonkseal Posts: 12,016
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's missing that genuine spark of madness for me, and it's been poorly cast. Arranging your show (and it was emminently predictable from the off that this would happen) such that 3 of your final 7 (and almost certainly final 6, and probably final 5, and maybe even final 4) are media-ironed millennial R & B-lite pop-stars was a real oversight on somebody's part.

I miss last year something chronic, with Brendan at his most Brendan paired with Sophie's glacial Head Girl swot act, Natalie and Artem off pretentiously wafting at the divine, Susanna's great big smuggity jazz hands in shades and furs persona, the rise of KFG, Mark and Iveta bonkers-mental routines and genuine warmth, Kristina going def-con 1 every time anybody even looked at Ben funny, Anya desperately trying to get the show's attention by choreographing fab routines for the world's dullest man to no avail, even the hilarity of Ashley getting stuck on 35 for week after week after week and gradually going more insane. So much more texture and fun and excitement than Brendan and Ola looking increasingly bored off their tits, cliche-spew interviews, and everyone just marking time until Jake throws his arse around again so he can win.
  • aggsaggs Posts: 29,461
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When the first combined leaderboard in week 2 had the top 7 places taken by the top 7 we are left with now, it makes a bit of a hooey of all the journeys and shock bottom2/boot storylines.

Things have progressed pretty much to order.
  • Pices-55Pices-55 Posts: 18,401
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Monkseal wrote: »
    It's missing that genuine spark of madness for me, and it's been poorly cast. Arranging your show (and it was emminently predictable from the off that this would happen) such that 3 of your final 7 (and almost certainly final 6, and probably final 5, and maybe even final 4) are media-ironed millennial R & B-lite pop-stars was a real oversight on somebody's part.

I miss last year something chronic, with Brendan at his most Brendan paired with Sophie's glacial Head Girl swot act, Natalie and Artem off pretentiously wafting at the divine, Susanna's great big smuggity jazz hands in shades and furs persona, the rise of KFG, Mark and Iveta bonkers-mental routines and genuine warmth, Kristina going def-con 1 every time anybody even looked at Ben funny, Anya desperately trying to get the show's attention by choreographing fab routines for the world's dullest man to no avail, even the hilarity of Ashley getting stuck on 35 for week after week after week and gradually going more insane. So much more texture and fun and excitement than Brendan and Ola looking increasingly bored off their tits, cliche-spew interviews, and everyone just marking time until Jake throws his arse around again so he can win.

:DBrilliant post which says exactly what I feel about this year.................ahhh those were the days.:D
  • MayDMayD Posts: 3,031
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wot Monkseal said imo
  • Guapacha2007Guapacha2007 Posts: 1,292
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can I be controversial and say Series 7 is still my favourite series by far! 2 & 3 were great as well. This series is really interesting, as the dancers are all of a similar ability level in terms of judges scores, and we haven't got a clue how the viewer vote is going, so from our perspective anyone could win!
  • duckyluckyduckylucky Posts: 13,845
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I very much miss the proper no gimmicks pro dances . There was a time when the danced a jive or a waltz etc suitably dressed . Not dressed up as slapstick comedy policemen
  • Big Boy BarryBig Boy Barry Posts: 35,377
    Forum Member
    Definitely the best.

At least a half dozen who could still realistically win it. Very competitive and open