Accidental eating of a small piece of dog poo

Satellite JohnSatellite John Posts: 1,881
Forum Member
✭✭✭
This is a serious problem, that is causing me considerable worry.

At the weekend I accidentally ate a small piece of dog faeces/poo/shit, which was splashed on to an ice-cream I was eating – this was at a poop scooper on Bournemouth beach.

It was barely noticeable, and did not taste. It was really stupid to carry on eating after this had happened. I was slightly drunk, and despite noticing a little bit of it on the ice-cream, I for some reason, just thought - it is only a tiny bit, and just kept eating.

I have not yet experienced any problems.

Should I go to my doctor?

Do I need injections?

Thank you.

Comments

• TWSTWS Posts: 9,307
    Forum Member
    you may need worming:)
  • Cairy LuntCairy Lunt Posts: 3,192
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd definitely go and see the doctor mate. Just to get checked out.

How the hell did you manage to get dogshit on your 99 flake?
  • station31station31 Posts: 3,276
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    AAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGHHHHHHH YUCK !!!!!!!! I think I'd be sick on the spot :eek:

Sorry not helpful
  • couscouscouscous Posts: 1,363
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    you must have been pissed to have keep eating it! Drink less next time would be my advice
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 643
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I would seek advice from a doctor, you will probably be ok but dogs have worms which can make children go blind if it is digested. That is why it is important dog owners clear up after their pets.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I just wanna know it got on the icecream
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,717
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

At the weekend I accidentally ate a small piece of dog faeces/poo/shit, which was splashed on to an ice-cream I was eating – this was at a poop scooper on Bournemouth beach.

It was barely noticeable, and did not taste. It was really stupid to carry on eating after this had happened. I was slightly drunk, and despite noticing a little bit of it on the ice-cream, I for some reason, just thought - it is only a tiny bit, and just kept eating.

Do I need injections?

Thank you.
    First mistake was eating it. There's no such thing as "it's only a tiny bit" when it comes to dog poo on food. If it's there, you shouldn't be eating it, regardless of the quantity.

Second mistake - never get drunk if ice-cream or dogs are in the vicinity. Otherwise your first mistake might be your third. :D

You won't need injections, but steer clear of women into S&M for a while. If you see the dog lead & collar, you might be tempted to try wagging your tail & barking at her feet - that would totally give the game away, & no-one (including your OH) is likely to believe "It only happened 'cos I ate a tiny bit of dog poo on my ice-cream, I swear". :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,254
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I just read the title of this thread and burst out laughing in an office full of people. I am sure you will come to no harm. Just don't make a habit of it.
  • StressMonkeyStressMonkey Posts: 13,347
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    When my youngest son deliberately ate a piece of freshly laid doggy poop I was straight onto NHS Direct. This was back when it wasn't a complete and utter waste of time calling them. Within half an hour they had phoned back and said that as long as the poo was fresh, no problems worm wise.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,363
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    When my youngest son deliberately ate a piece of freshly laid doggy poop I was straight onto NHS Direct. This was back when it wasn't a complete and utter waste of time calling them. Within half an hour they had phoned back and said that as long as the poo was fresh, no problems worm wise.

Really? I know when my cats were babies and they were worm infested I could actually see squirming tapeworm segments come out when they used the litter tray. Still makes me shudder thinking about it :eek:
  • StressMonkeyStressMonkey Posts: 13,347
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Purity wrote: »
    Really? I know when my cats were babies and they were worm infested I could actually see squirming tapeworm segments come out when they used the litter tray. Still makes me shudder thinking about it :eek:

Eeeuuuwww:eek:

The lady at NHS Direct did explain something about the worm life cycle - not sure if I remember this right (this was 4 years ago) but, it is the eggs that are dangerous and these need to mature in dog poop to be dangerous.

I will add that the dog was (and is ) regularly wormed.
  • pburke90pburke90 Posts: 14,754
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ...and said that as long as the poo was fresh, no problems worm wise.
    Sorry, this made me laugh. Would you like some shit, sir? It's fresh.

Paddy :D
  • TWSTWS Posts: 9,307
    Forum Member
    Did people assume i was joking i certainly wasn't go to the chemist and get something for worms
    TWS wrote: »
    you may need worming:)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Paddy C wrote: »
    Sorry, this made me laugh. Would you like some shit, sir? It's fresh.

Paddy :D

hahahaha:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Purity wrote: »

Its vile isn't it??!! I'd have though fresh poo was more wormy than old poo when they'd had a chance to die...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cairy Lunt wrote: »
    hahahaha:D

Was it chocolate ice cream?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So many people talk so mcuh shit
  • larrysrabbitlarrysrabbit Posts: 5,797
    Forum Member
    You could go blind. Go to A&E straight away. Hope you're OK. :)
  • PorcupinePorcupine Posts: 25,231
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Im sure most of us with animals must of eaten poo at some point. If its on the dogs coat, we stoke them ... and then eat something - all sorts could get transferred to our mouths.

It helps not to think about it though :eek:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 353
    Forum Member
    First port of call is get some mint mouth wash
    incase your breat stinks.

Then go and get checked out at a A&E
    if your worried.
  • ScottnoodleScottnoodle Posts: 1,011
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Are you supposed to go to A&E because you ate a chunk of dog poo? They would laugh at you and send you to your GP.
  • PorcupinePorcupine Posts: 25,231
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Are you supposed to go to A&E because you ate a chunk of dog poo? They would laugh at you and send you to your GP.

Exactly. No wonder the A&E department is so busy !!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 353
    Forum Member
    Porcupine wrote: »
    Exactly. No wonder the A&E department is so busy !!

Well they did ask on a forum.:rolleyes:

What do we know.

O look i'v found the switch for the computer.:o
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No it's really serious if you don't get it treated within the first six hours.
    You enter first a latent stage when you have no symptoms.
    That can last for six months, after that it's a lifetime of walking into lamp posts.

On the upside your tastebuds also go so if you eat any more dog poo you won't see or taste it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,072
    Forum Member
    Oh i feel sick! Never again will i look at a 99 flake again!

You will fine, go to the docs to be sure. I have loads of animals and as mentioned previously we all must have digested something awful at some point. The body has way of dealing with small amounts of contamination. If it was that bad you would have started being sick within 30 - 45 mins. As long as you have a cold wet nose and a glossy coat you will be fine.