Options

Katie Hopkins - Anyone else actually like her?

Kestrel1992Kestrel1992 Posts: 990
Forum Member
✭✭
I'll make one thing clear - I don't agree with everything she says but I actually don't mind the woman. She can be outspoken with her opinions but sometimes she has a valid point, dare I say and it's just her delivery I think that everyone takes objection to. I know many will disagree of course however it's just my view. I find her a fascinating character and enjoyed watching her on Celebrity Big Brother.

Comments

• Options
    CyanideCindyCyanideCindy Posts: 495
    Forum Member
    I like her.

I think she has several traits of what used to be called the 'epileptic personality' (I work in psychiatry) but that is obviously something that's out of her control.

I don't agree with everything she says, but she makes many valid points. I think she says many things just to be outspoken and earn herself a living.

I agree with her opinion on the Syrian boy (Alyan Kurdi) who drowned - although tragic, this is not an uncommon occurance, but the left-wing media used the pathos of the photos to attempt to sway the opinion of the British public. The boy's father was later proved to be a people smuggler and was driving the boat.

I like Katie Hopkins.
  • Options
    j4Rosej4Rose Posts: 5,482
    Forum Member
    I think she says controversial things in order to make money and get attention. Whether she believes what she says is another matter. I don't dislike her.
  • Options
    j4Rosej4Rose Posts: 5,482
    Forum Member
    I like her.

I think she has several traits of what used to be called the 'epileptic personality' (I work in psychiatry) but that is obviously something that's out of her control.

I don't agree with everything she says, but she makes many valid points.

I agree with her opinion on the Syrian boy (Alyan Kurdi) who drowned - this is not an uncommon occurance, but the media used the pathos of the photos to attempt to sway the opinion of the British public. The boy's father was later proved to be a people smuggler and was driving the boat.

I like Katie Hopkins.

Everything we are told seems to be tainted by an agenda. It's hard to know what to believe.
  • Options
    MadBettyMadBetty Posts: 1,134
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like her. She's ballsy and she offends people who deserve and need to be offended. I like that she doesn't apologise for her views and I like that she's bang on about almost everything she says.
  • Options
    dee123dee123 Posts: 46,268
    Forum Member
    She's a professional troll. She gets paid to do what morons online do for free.
  • Options
    ArcanaArcana Posts: 37,521
    Forum Member
    I'm not outraged by her but, like most trolls, she became tedious very quickly.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 310
    Forum Member
    I don't like her at all. The comments she made about Linda Nolan's body after she had breast cancer were horrible. I don't think she's as confrontational as people think too. I think she came across as a bit sycophantic with Holly Willoughby the time I saw her on This Morning.
  • Options
    dorydaryldorydaryl Posts: 15,927
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Arcana wrote: »
    I'm not outraged by her but, like most trolls, she became tedious very quickly.

This. Attention **** is all and she bores me now.
  • Options
    EmolgaEmolga Posts: 47,283
    Forum Member
    I'll make one thing clear - I don't agree with everything she says but I actually don't mind the woman. She can be outspoken with her opinions but sometimes she has a valid point, dare I say and it's just her delivery I think that everyone takes objection to. I know many will disagree of course however it's just my view. I find her a fascinating character and enjoyed watching her on Celebrity Big Brother.

I wouldn't say I was a fan, but some of the stuff she says does make me laugh.
  • Options
    cas1977cas1977 Posts: 6,399
    Forum Member
    MadBetty wrote: »
    I like her. She's ballsy and she offends people who deserve and need to be offended. I like that she doesn't apologise for her views and I like that she's bang on about almost everything she says.

;-):)

I like her. And its so refreshing not to read that at least someone in the media doesn't go grovelling to Twitter a day after they say something somewhere that someone doesn't like....

How many times has a celebrity said something in the press, only for someone to tweet their outrage, and what do you know?....the next day, they're apologising in a undignified grovelling manner.

Sometimes she says stuff that i don't agree with , though at the same time I don't "get" why if people disagree with her, they act almost as if they've been really really offended her....:confused:

Maybe people take things a lot more personally than they used to ^_^
  • Options
    Jimmy ConnorsJimmy Connors Posts: 117,874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    She's a true pro ... a Professional Gobshite!
  • Options
    NoughtiesMusicNoughtiesMusic Posts: 15,914
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't hate her nor find her offensive, I just think she's now incredibly boring and predictable.
  • Options
    pmw_hewittpmw_hewitt Posts: 1,193
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't stand her, but I also can't stand the people who feel the need to be outraged at every little thing that comes out of her mouth.

She's providing a service for the professionally outraged. She gets the column inches and the cash to say something awful, they get yet another opportunity for social media moralising. And so on.

Did anyone read that fairly recent in-depth Guardian interview with her? She does generally hold those opinions, but the "Katie Hopkins" we see and hear about is a character that doesn't exist when the cameras are turned off, and she doesn't really hide that fact.
  • Options
    RosebuddyRosebuddy Posts: 1,567
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wouldn't throw her out of bed.
  • Options
    Damon_PlemburyDamon_Plembury Posts: 3,566
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Adore her

Love that she doesn't let the PC brigade win

We need this woman in the UK
  • Options
    firefly_irlfirefly_irl Posts: 4,015
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't agree with her but don't get mad about her because she's similar to Ann Coulter to the extent I think most of her shtick is for attention. She saw how Ann built a career being outrageous in the US and thought she'd do the same in the UK I reckon.
  • Options
    bass55bass55 Posts: 18,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She's fantastic and vile in equal measure.

What I love about her, as somebody mentioned above, is that she offends all the people who deserve to be offended: the do-gooder "you can't say that" brigade. It's pretty obvious she doesn't believe half the things that come out of her mouth, but she is a professional troll and it gets her £££. I am convinced she exists purely to test our commitment to free speech.
  • Options
    opal88opal88 Posts: 1,178
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What is there to like?
  • Options
    LittleGirlOf7LittleGirlOf7 Posts: 9,344
    Forum Member
    She's tragically insecure and uses shock verbal/written tactics as a means to draw attention as a form of cover, or, if you will, comfort blanket. Negative reactions create more noise than positive ones and it's the noise she craves. No reaction would cause her more discomfort that someone throwing insults or rebutting the particular statements that she makes.

While it's right to challenge some of her "opinions", for the most part she's simply doing it for show rather than standing up for a true point of view. As such, she's not someone who really deserves either attacking or defending.

I personally have no reason to like her.
  • Options
    acid rainacid rain Posts: 6,997
    Forum Member

What about the time she compared Palestinians to cockroaches?

Seems a little bit racist to me.
  • Options
    FingersAndToesFingersAndToes Posts: 9,956
    Forum Member
    She seems to go for the shock value all the time. When I read her thoughts behind the shocking and vile attention grabbing headline, she usually has no clue what she's talking about, is uninformed and sounds like a parrot repeating something she read and agreed with, but didn't get more information about.
  • Options
    pixiebootspixieboots Posts: 3,762
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like her.
    I agree with her opinion on the Syrian boy (Alyan Kurdi) who drowned - although tragic, this is not an uncommon occurance, but the left-wing media used the pathos of the photos to attempt to sway the opinion of the British public. The boy's father was later proved to be a people smuggler and was driving the boat.

Does it matter if that child's father was a people smuggler? The boy was innocent, or is it just white western children that deserve saving from allegedly criminal fathers.

Also it hasn't been "proved" yet except for two allegations from other passengers. I prefer the courts justice to KHs and the mail.
    Hopkins is the worst side of humanity-arrogant, merciless and cynical, she is all id, the animalistic part of us. There is no evidence of the higher thought processes that define post enlightenment humanity from her despite her privileged education. She plays to the lowest common denominator to make money.She makes me shake my head and want to curl up under the duvet to forget hateful people like this exist only because they reflect the opinions of their fans :(
  • Options
    tszujmetszujme Posts: 1,221
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I feel a bit sorry for her. She's obviously a deeply unhappy woman.
    Why would someone choose to become a national hate figure by spewing bigoted hate speech (I doubt she believes half of what she says), unless they either lacked the skills or ability to earn a living any other way, or were deeply miserable and insecure?
  • Options
    dorydaryldorydaryl Posts: 15,927
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

No, she isn't.
  • Options
    oathyoathy Posts: 32,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭