pregnant...

Comments

• AddisonianAddisonian Posts: 16,377
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    msmasood wrote: »
    Hey all! Sorry for not updating! Been a stressful time! Happy to report, all tests are back, there is absolutely nothing wrong with this baby, perfectly healthy and hasn't inherited either of the genetic conditions we are carrying. Had the 20 week scan yesterday...he's a boy!!! Honestly I now fully understand the meaning of no amount of money in the world could buy me this happiness!! Things are much better with the family too. I cannot wait until December to meet my little Oliver!
    Lovely news :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 591
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thank you, although I think my downfall has been caring too much :(

Can't offer advice but want to give you a big virtual hug!

Don't ever, ever be bullied into anything.

Maybe move out & move nearer your BFs mum?

Your siblings sound like selfish b*******rds.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ooops, sorry...^^^ that was after reading just the first page.

Glad you're so happy, best of luck!!! X
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm being honest... what is best for this unborn child?

You come across as a vile human being.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 806
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just wanted to update you all, I had my baby boy on 4th December. He weighed 6lb 8 and is perfectly healthy. Despite many doubts I'm coping fine with him. All is well :)
  • annette kurtenannette kurten Posts: 39,543
    Forum Member
    YAY!! congratulations.:):cool:
  • RandomSallyRandomSally Posts: 7,071
    Forum Member
    Fabulous news!
  • CroctacusCroctacus Posts: 18,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Congratulations!
  • RAINBOWGIRL22RAINBOWGIRL22 Posts: 24,459
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just wanted to update you all, I had my baby boy on 4th December. He weighed 6lb 8 and is perfectly healthy. Despite many doubts I'm coping fine with him. All is well :)

Lovely news!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 136
    Forum Member
    So almost exactly a year after I had an abortion I've discovered I'm pregnant. I have the coil so it's not planned, I had the coil last time too. I have a disability, and currently live with my dad although in a serious relationship. Still with the same guy as the last time.
    With the last pregnancy I was pretty much forced into having an abortion, my father claims I cannot look after a child even though I look after him and my mother, he claims it isn't fair to possibly pass on my disability and that I have a useless boyfriend. Then my boyfriend is not the most confiedent and always worried about everyone else. My brother's are also useless in that their response last time was 'if you have this baby then we'll have to do more for dad's not in a factual tone, more like don't even think about it we have our own lives. My mother, well she doesn't even know what day of the week it is so it was pointless even thinking of telling her.
    After having one abortion that deep down I never wanted, the consultant knew I didn't and dragged the whole thing out to give me time, I never want to go through that again, but I'm really frightened of telling my dad again, I know that they will all bully me into thinking I can't do this, and it's hard because this is my home. Not that I'm thinking of doing this but I'd rather kill myself than go through another abortion, I can't say that to him as he's so old minded that he'll just say I'm being overdramatic. I'm not really looking for advice I guess as I have to tell them at some point and deal with it all, I guess just a sounding board. This is meant to be the happiest time :(

Ignore my previous post. I'm late to the party!

Congrats!
  • AnitaSAnitaS Posts: 4,079
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wow, fantastic news!! Congratulations!!

How's your dad behaving? Is he a doting Grandpa? I hope he's treating you with a bit more respect now you're a parent yourself.
  • eluf38eluf38 Posts: 4,874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Congrats. Have been following this from day 1 and so pleased it has worked out well for you and your partner!
  • lea_uklea_uk Posts: 9,647
    Forum Member
    Congratulations xxx
  • UffaUffa Posts: 1,910
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Congratulations. You sound like a brilliant mum. :)
  • LoisLois Posts: 118,147
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Congratulations xx
  • mimicolemimicole Posts: 50,989
    Forum Member

Congratulations.
  • tigragirltigragirl Posts: 13,406
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Congratulations! Hope everything is still going well and your Dad is eating his words and has sorted out his attitude towards you. Enjoy the biggest role you will ever have in your life, it's hard work but it's also very rewarding.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 237
    Forum Member
    I have been following this thread from the first post. Many congratulations to you :)
  • EmilyJEGEmilyJEG Posts: 539
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Congratulations! :D

This is a really nice thread - it's not often that people come back to "finish" the story :)
  • Aarghawasp!Aarghawasp! Posts: 6,205
    Forum Member
    Aww...congratulations! What a feelgood update. :)
  • FearFactorFearFactor Posts: 2,547
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Huge congratulations Mrs M! Your son's birthday is the same day as my OH so I will be saying "Happy Birthday Oliver Masood" on 4th December for evermore :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My dad dotes on him, got him a Christmas card and has kept the grandad birthday card we gave him. I still help my dad, but he helps me now too as my partner got another job and works away all week. I'm so glad I never gave up! Thanks to all of you for your support, I doubt I would have got through it. For anyone who wants to keep in contact please inbox me and I'll give my email address, no pressure though! Just so very grateful to you all.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,439
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My dad dotes on him, got him a Christmas card and has kept the grandad birthday card we gave him. I still help my dad, but he helps me now too as my partner got another job and works away all week. I'm so glad I never gave up! Thanks to all of you for your support, I doubt I would have got through it. For anyone who wants to keep in contact please inbox me and I'll give my email address, no pressure though! Just so very grateful to you all.

That's brilliant
  • RandomSallyRandomSally Posts: 7,071
    Forum Member
    That is so very good to hear.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Read back on all this. My son is now 7 months old. We've overcome every hurdle so far. Sadly my father is very ill now he can just about hold my son. Despite all the hassle at the beginning, he is the person who gave me the most helpful advice and helped me most.