Trivial things that annoy you intensely. (Part 3)

Comments

• silversoxsilversox Posts: 5,204
    Forum Member
    Snow.drop wrote: »
    Driving to the shops today, along a 50mph road, I was driving aprox 52. some prat of a women was driving right up my arse! If the kids weren't in the back I would have braked.

I find there is a lot of satisfaction when I glance in my mirror and see the car behind having to use his windscreen wipers after I have used my washers for thirty seconds!! Works a treat! OK, so I have to top up my washer bottle more often, but ITS WORTH IT!! :D
    Forum Member
    Thinking that I have no replies from DS for quite a few days when in fact my email notifications aren't working and I have pages and pages to catch up with!!
  • cris182cris182 Posts: 9,595
    Forum Member
    People who go mad that they aren't out one weekend, Or they have to have a weekend with no alcohol

Really isn't that big of a deal. Today they are tagging old facebook pictures of nights out saying they can't wait for fridays 'session'.....1 weekend they had in the house without a night out
  • kiviraatkiviraat Posts: 4,634
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Faded shop signs and window displays. Especially ones that have went really pale blue and yellow. It looks horrid!
    Forum Member
    silversox wrote: »
    Thinking that I have no replies from DS for quite a few days when in fact my email notifications aren't working and I have pages and pages to catch up with!!

I don't think my DS notifications are working at all. :confused::cry: I've checked all the settings and there have been more posts added but still no email notification to me. any suggestions, please? :)
  • RellyRelly Posts: 3,469
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think my DS notifications are working at all. :confused::cry: I've checked all the settings and there have been more posts added but still no email notification to me. any suggestions, please? :)

I saw a post by a DS mod yesterday (can't remember what thread it was in, sorry) that said there's a problem with email notifications - them to us and vice versa. They're looking into it, so it should be sorted soon.
  • Vix77Vix77 Posts: 529
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    When you invite friends and their kids to your house and by the time they leave it's like a bombsite after you've spent all morning cleaning it. If I go to anyone house I make my kids tidy up after themselves if they've had toys etc out in other people's houses
  • degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    degsyhufc wrote: »
    Sky updates that kick in and reboot your box even though it is recording and so ruins the recording.
    Takae wrote: »
    Let's hope it's La Femme Nikita (Anne Parillaud), not Point of No Return (Bridget Fonda). The US remake was truly dreadful. /film geek

Sorry for derailing this a bit, DS.
    That's the film I was recording :D
  • bbclassicsbbclassics Posts: 7,806
    Forum Member
    You can no longer receive JSA weekly only monthly now.
    Thanks for that David Cameron. Guess I'll be staying at home when the rest of my mates invite me out.
    Forum Member
    And before anyone mentions jsa money's purpose is to live on - I know this.
    I can live/eat off the pittance of money I have atm,just it would be nice to be able to something useful with the jsa money.
  • gingerjackgingerjack Posts: 1,917
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    People who tell me who they saw when they went out, big deal we live in a town , we are bound to see people we know in a different place, eg, "l saw Mrs Jenkins my son teacher in Asda " Big shock, the woman doesn't live at the school , has a life also !
  • EStaffs90EStaffs90 Posts: 13,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Wizard wrote: »
    When places offer free Wi-Fi and then you realise you can't log on unless you first sign up and hand over your details.

It's simple how you get around this - give them false information. (Which explains why some places think my name is Darcey Foster.)
  • killjoykilljoy Posts: 7,901
    Forum Member
    It's simple how you get around this - give them false information.

I thought that was a given, does anyone ever put their real details in?
  • RellyRelly Posts: 3,469
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    killjoy wrote: »
    I thought that was a given, does anyone ever put their real details in?

:blush:

I've never hooked up to Wi-Fi in a caff or anything, but before I read your and Estaffs' posts I would have put my real info in.

:blush:
  • SemillionSemillion Posts: 612
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    bbclassics wrote: »
    And before anyone mentions jsa money's purpose is to live on - I know this.
    I can live/eat off the pittance of money I have atm,just it would be nice to be able to something useful with the jsa money.

My husband works all the hours that god sends and we have not had a holiday since 2003, have not seen the inside of a restaurant for four years, gave up sky in 2009 and I do my own hair because the hairdresser is a luxury. I spend my days caring for a disabled child and don't own a car. We live/eat off his hard earned wages and that's all.

Now tell me your problems >:(
  • Sorcha_27Sorcha_27 Posts: 138,484
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    You can no longer receive JSA weekly only monthly now.
    Thanks for that David Cameron. Guess I'll be staying at home when the rest of my mates invite me out.

I live off my monthly wage. pay my mortgage/ bills out of it and manage. that's life I'm afraid.
    Forum Member
    Semillion wrote: »
    My husband works all the hours that god sends and we have not had a holiday since 2003, have not seen the inside of a restaurant for four years, gave up sky in 2009 and I do my own hair because the hairdresser is a luxury. I spend my days caring for a disabled child and don't own a car. We live/eat off his hard earned wages and that's all.

Now tell me your problems >:(

I'm not gonna get into a woe is me type competition I'm just stating that the changes to the system are dumb. Having to attend a morning appointment each week and then ya can't really do anything until the last day of the month (when starting the jsa process anyway like myself).
    I live off my monthly wage. pay my mortgage/ bills out of it and manage. that's life I'm afraid.

As my little brother says 'life sucks' true, true :P
  • makavelli132makavelli132 Posts: 1,297
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not gonna get into a woe is me type competition I'm just stating that the changes to the system are dumb. Having to attend a morning appointment each week and then ya can't really do anything until the last day of the month (when starting the jsa process anyway like myself).

As my little brother says 'life sucks' true, true :P

How is the new system dumb? It means you should be more careful with your money and budget. I think the changes will stop people blowing the money on stupid things as they know they will have to make it last now.

People do it when they get a job, so I'm sure you can too.
  • TheGraduate2012TheGraduate2012 Posts: 14,822
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    When people bring their dogs to your house and come out with 'You don't mind dogs do you?' as their six-foot Labrador climbs up on your shoulders.
  • ScottishWoodyScottishWoody Posts: 23,220
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cars with one headlight brighter than the other!
  • The WizardThe Wizard Posts: 11,071
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    EStaffs90 wrote: »
    It's simple how you get around this - give them false information. (Which explains why some places think my name is Darcey Foster.)

Some web portals like the ones in hotels are now asking you to confirm your email address as they email you a login code so you can't give a false email. Why can't they just have an open router so you can connect and surf the net without having to sign up and log on via the company's web portal? Surely it's just a crafty way for companies to get your personal details so they can bombard you with their junk.

When I'm sat in a pub and want to use their wifi to quickly look something up or maybe I want to stream something off youtube, all I want to do is connect to their router and start surfing the net. I can't be bothered to sit there and enter all my details and email address etc before it will let me do anything.

It's not strictly free wifi when in exchange for wanting to surf the net they expect you to sign up to them and create a user password and hand over your personal details etc. There doesn't seem any logical reason for it other than to use it for marketing purposes or to snoop on the websites you happen to be viewing so they can sell on your details so companies can target you with spam. What's wrong with having a regular open router or give your customers a password so they can log on the same way as I do at home without having to sign up to "the cloud" or other company based wifi services?

Why is it that everything you do these days involves someone attempting to grab your personal details. You can't even go and buy a kid's toy from Toys R Us these days without being asked for your name and address. I always refuse. What business is it of theirs?
  • Paul_DNAPPaul_DNAP Posts: 25,774
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think Toys Я Them are doing it as a project to determine what area each store draws customers from, possibly planning if there are parts of the country that don't visit a store and if they have an opportunity for new stores etc.

It is annoying when they ask for personal info. I recently bought a new TV and was asked my name and address and I refused. Currys PC sales person then tried to lay down the it's a legal requirement, but I politely told her that it isn't anymore.
  • grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,685
    Forum Member
    RiDsTeR wrote: »
    People who try to give you advice when you don't ask for it :mad:

My flatmate does that and it just makes me want to quote the famous scene from Enemy of the State at him >:(:D
  • JackappleJackapple Posts: 854
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Trying to pause a video on youtube by pressing space bar and instead it jumps down to the comments section.
  • SemillionSemillion Posts: 612
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I find there is a lot of satisfaction when I glance in my mirror and see the car behind having to use his windscreen wipers after I have used my washers for thirty seconds!! Works a treat! OK, so I have to top up my washer bottle more often, but ITS WORTH IT!! :D

I have noticed that the motor cyclist behind does not appreciate it :D
This discussion has been closed.