The Jedward Appreciation Thread (Part 25)

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,160
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dechecho wrote: »
    WOW!! - We're famous. I hope our twitter names being published isn't going to cause us any trouble - we'll probably get loads of abuse from Westlife fans!

the grief from westlife fans should be the least of your concerns... you've probably been banned from *cough* multi-voting again... lol...
  • EurostarEurostar Posts: 78,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They sang live and pretty well too, that's great.

Here's the video of their interview: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FF7cQVnYbVw
    And Lipstick: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OQIweg085dU

Such a huge difference from when they went to that breakfast show in Germany and they didn't sing too well and the choreo was all messed up. Proud of them :)

As we expected, they sang their Eurovision hits, let's remember that Young Love hasn't been released in Romania so promoting Luminous there would have been a bit weird. I would have loved it tho.

Great performance of Lipstick, and I love how the local dancers joined in with all the dance moves :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ok... the interviewer was nice, but the background dudes were so stupidly rude, no mistaking the gestures... oh, well... it's just Romania, so who cares?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FF7cQVnYbVw

Who in the shit is booking this crap for J&E? This has been going on for such a long time... I mean, totally, Romania's Voice? Jesus Christ!

I feel so sorry for J&E... they fly to these tiny countries, give a 100% performance... and are treated with ridicule by their hosts. Get real.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 166
    Forum Member
    pithywitch wrote: »
    ok... the interviewer was nice, but the background dudes were so stupidly rude, no mistaking the gestures... oh, well... it's just Romania, so who cares?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FF7cQVnYbVw

Who in the shit is booking this crap for J&E? This has been going on for such a long time... I mean, totally, Romania's Voice? Jesus Christ!

I feel so sorry for J&E... they fly to these tiny countries, give a 100% performance... and are treated with ridicule by their hosts. Get real.

I agree that some of the contestants in the Green Room seemed less than respectful which I found a bit...odd really, unless something was lost in translation (or lack thereof!) :confused:

Otherwise though, I thought it was a great opportunity for them to showcase themselves - and it seemed that they got a very good audience reaction.

Romania isn't tiny though - it has a population of approximately 20 million! Ireland on the other hand... :o:p:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree that some of the contestants in the Green Room seemed less than respectful which I found a bit...odd really, unless something was lost in translation (or lack thereof!) :confused:

Otherwise though, I thought it was a great opportunity for them to showcase themselves - and it seemed that they got a very good audience reaction.

Romania isn't tiny though - it has a population of approximately 20 million! Ireland on the other hand... :o:p:D

20 million... impressive... that must be the reason they went.

I lived in Austria for many years and was fortunate to see many artists perform live which I never would have had a chance to see in the States.

Somehow, there was always this mood that, if an artist was actually performing in a tiny country like Austria, they were finished or washed-up. So there was a certain amount of disrespect.

I think this was what was happening during the interview. No one could take J&E seriously because of the fact they were performing in Romania.

The point I am making, just to be clear, is that one really does need to choose carefully one's invitations.

J&E are making mistakes if they accept low-rent venues... unless they are completely desperate. If they are desperate, then fine... take what you can get.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 166
    Forum Member
    20 million... impressive... that must be the reason they went.

I lived in Austria for many years and was fortunate to see many artists perform live which I never would have had a chance to see in the States.

Somehow, there was always this mood that, if an artist was actually performing in a tiny country like Austria, they were finished or washed-up. So there was a certain amount of disrespect.

I think this was what was happening during the interview. No one could take J&E seriously because of the fact they were performing in Romania.

The point I am making, just to be clear, is that one really does need to choose carefully one's invitations.

J&E are making mistakes if they accept low-rent venues... unless they are completely desperate. If they are desperate, then fine... take what you can get.

That's a different perspective than I'd be used to...maybe because I come from a 'tiny' country. I certainly never would have thought, nor those around me, that just because someone was performing on one of our TV shows that that meant they were somehow past it - primetime national TV is primetime national TV, no matter if the country is 'tiny' or not :confused:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's a different perspective than I'd be used to...maybe because I come from a 'tiny' country. I certainly never would have thought, nor those around me, that just because someone was performing on one of our TV shows that that meant they were somehow past it - primetime national TV is primetime national TV, no matter if the country is 'tiny' or not :confused:

Point taken. Still, I cannot shake the notion that J&E are taking whatever they can get... or they have been put on 'time-out' by Mr. Walsh to atone for their decision to go after a more 'mature' look/direction.
  • River_TamRiver_Tam Posts: 10,080
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Perhaps we should check with some Romanians what the joke is with the "sexy" dance before we all get too offended.
  • rosemaryrosemary Posts: 11,389
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The gestures people were making in the video weren't aimed at John and Edward, they were because the presenter guy had walked in the room and that's a dance he does...

The twins have always been popular in Europe because of Eurovision and have lots of fans in Romania who have been begging for them to go there, so they combined the show with meeting fans..they love going to new countries and see new things, shows like this are a good excuse to go

They did that strange show in Belarus a while back, because it gave them the opportunity to go there and meet some fans
  • EurostarEurostar Posts: 78,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    rosemary wrote: »
    The gestures people were making in the video weren't aimed at John and Edward, they were because the presenter guy had walked in the room and that's a dance he does...

The twins have always been popular in Europe because of Eurovision and have lots of fans in Romania who have been begging for them to go there, so they combined the show with meeting fans..they love going to new countries and see new things, shows like this are a good excuse to go

They did that strange show in Belarus a while back, because it gave them the opportunity to go there and meet some fans

The kids' show in Belarus is apparently hugely popular there, and I remember seeing a photo of Jedward and the little twin girls who sang with them on the front cover of a Belarussian magazine.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

The Belarus show was in the build-up to ESC2012... therefore completely understandable. Romania's Voice... not so much... sorry.

I'm not a troll... lol... I just see things from a different perspective.

I am a true believer, and always have been, that J&E can make it big... but they truly do need new management.
  • SecretPassageSecretPassage Posts: 1,751
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Mm, I didn't get the impression that J&E were being mocked. The reaction of both the audience and the host seemed really positive and everyone looked to be enjoying their performance - apart from that one judge, who is probably the Romanian Simon Cowell! :D

And from my experience of living in a small country (similar population to Ireland), when an American or European musical guest appears on an entertainment show, it's a big deal. We don't pity the performer for having a gig in New Zealand; we enjoy the show and are happy they've come all the way to the other side of the world.

It was a really joyful appearance and it sounds like they had a great time. Eurovision opens doors in most unexpected ways! I had a brilliant time watching online and sharing the experience on twitter, and it makes it even better to see the Jeds tweet this:

@planetjedward We Love the Voice Thank You Universal for Being Awesome thank you for your invite and spreading the Jedward love all around the world!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can't wait for Samoa's Guinea pig festival.... hey, Louis, have you forgiven J&E for daring to wear their hair down for the final, yet?

Little Big Man. :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I didn't get the impression they were being mocked either, it seemed to be more a bizarre homage to the big fella walking past, which does explain him trying to teach them how to do it.

at the Samoa guinea pig festival I would finally get my Jedward fat hamster picture. They do cuddle the guinea pigs at this festival and not eat them right? I'm against eating guinea pigs!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Out of curiosity what sort of invites should they turn down? And which ones should they be holding out for? What if the big invites don't come?

Edward has said in many an interview you have to do lots of little things to be able to do the big things.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    River_Tam wrote: »
    Out of curiosity what sort of invites should they turn down? And which ones should they be holding out for? What if the big invites don't come?

Edward has said in many an interview you have to do lots of little things to be able to do the big things.

I don't know, Tam... I think Lou-Lou is of a different, completely superficial world... which is ok, except that it's now almost 2013.... Louis seems to be caught in the whole 90's thingy .... :sleep:

J&E are somehow a blend between the shit of genres... I don't know how to explain it... they're just two guys, exhibiting quite a comprehensive knowledge of, let's say 70's to 00's culture, yet are focused on their own navel.

This is what fascinates me as a casual observer.
  • ScheheraSchehera Posts: 1,151
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know you wait for the day that they are invited to a USA show but sorry...this will not happen in near future and only because you are from a huge country does not mean that small countrys are worth less.

They did perform on a prime time show in Romania not on a sheep sharing contest or something similar.
  • SecretPassageSecretPassage Posts: 1,751
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    By the way, the web feed I was watching seemed to have Moldovan adverts, so I assume the Voice of Romania is also screened in neighbouring Moldova - population 3.5 million. :)
  • ScheheraSchehera Posts: 1,151
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    to the events where they perfom: I read somewhere that it cost 10 000 euro to book them and 20 000 euro more when they have to sing so if anybody pays 30 000 euro for them (+probably travell cost+hotel) they will go there and perform/sing so this probably explains such events like the sheep sharing contest(the money from a sheep sharing contest is worth the same like the money from a TV show) , if I or another fan would have enough money to book them &if I would do it it would not mean that their career is over only because they sing for me/other fans private.

Celebs go where they are invited&paid for.

To the Voice of Romania interview: not everybody has to love John&Edward/their voice/their dance skills..

They are still not the best singer and not the best dancer and their choreographys are still not the best so I can understand that some people on this show had maybe problems to see John&Edward on "The Voice" and did joke about , like I already said for my taste they should have performed on x-factor Romania and J.L. on The Voice but they were booked the other way around and they were watched by many people in a country where they have some fans but not a huge fanbase and where it will be difficult to make a concert
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't know, Tam... I think Lou-Lou is of a different, completely superficial world... which is ok, except that it's now almost 2013.... Louis seems to be caught in the whole 90's thingy .... :sleep:

J&E are somehow a blend between the shit of genres... I don't know how to explain it... they're just two guys, exhibiting quite a comprehensive knowledge of, let's say 70's to 00's culture, yet are focused on their own navel.

This is what fascinates me as a casual observer.

Well so far you have had them staying at home for the MTV European Music Awards and now Romanian prime time tv isn't good enough. So basically it seems to me your perspective is if it is not a US TV show they should just stay home because all this Hicksville European stuff is embarassing.
  • dechechodechecho Posts: 1,699
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well so far you have had them staying at home for the MTV European Music Awards and now Romanian prime time tv isn't good enough. So basically it seems to me your perspective is if it is not a US TV show they should just stay home because all this Hicksville European stuff is embarassing.

I'm sure we would all prefer them to be performing on the Voice USA rather than the Voice Romania, but I sincerely believe thay are on their way up, not washed-up and on their way down (unlike Johnny Logan!)

Fleckingrecords like the Doggy-Os video :)http://www.fleckingrecords.co.uk/2012/12/video-jedward-and-possibly-the-cutest-dog-in-the-world.html
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What's the opposite of Rose Tinted glasses?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    John and Edward are one of the pictures of the day in the Telegraph today http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/picturegalleries/picturesoftheday/9744836/Pictures-of-the-day-14-December-2012.html?frame=2427749

Also Edward breaking his leg mentioned in the Guardian, with regard to the demise of T4 http://www.guardian.co.uk/tv-and-radio/2012/dec/14/t4-classic-moments
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    John and Edward are one of the pictures of the day in the Telegraph today http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/picturegalleries/picturesoftheday/9744836/Pictures-of-the-day-14-December-2012.html?frame=2427749

Also Edward breaking his leg mentioned in the Guardian, with regard to the demise of T4 http://www.guardian.co.uk/tv-and-radio/2012/dec/14/t4-classic-moments

Oooh they have outlasted T4.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oooh they have outlasted T4.

They have :) and they get a mention in two this countries Broadsheets, not bad at all!
This discussion has been closed.