29/08/2014 - Hollyoaks E4

NeomysterioNeomysterio Posts: 13,440
Forum Member
✭✭
Gosh! That was amazing!

Even scene/every character was brilliant....

It reminded me of the Old Oaks... This is what we need more of and lots of it.

Comments

• SkyfallSkyfall Posts: 8,510
    Forum Member
    Tonights hollyoaks was brilliant hopeing we get more amazing epsiodes.

Neo check out hollyoaksoverdose.tumblr.com it's a great site on hollyoaks updates theres a list of Esther storys to come.
  • attitude99attitude99 Posts: 14,848
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I will agree it was a good episode.
  • NeomysterioNeomysterio Posts: 13,440
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nice to see you guys agree.

I must admit I am a bit annoyed at Nancy... She spouted off about JP (which I understand due to what happened) However... She pretty much disowned him when he was in trouble for attacking Robbie! Did she question what happened? I believe not... She got friendly with Patrick and had JP's job.

The one comment... "man up" has annoyed me to the very end lol. I am a man and I think I would of hid it as well.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nice to see you guys agree.

I must admit I am a bit annoyed at Nancy... She spouted off about JP (which I understand due to what happened) However... She pretty much disowned him when he was in trouble for attacking Robbie! Did she question what happened? I believe not... She got friendly with Patrick and had JP's job.

The one comment... "man up" has annoyed me to the very end lol. I am a man and I think I would of hid it as well.

Ikr! Nancy was very annoying! :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    attitude99 wrote: »
    Ikr! Nancy was very annoying! :)

Wasn't just me then!? :) Yay! Have one of my beers lol. :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Hahaha lol ^_^
  • Emma_HenveyEmma_Henvey Posts: 9,895
    Forum Member

Your not the only one as well :) That comment really pissed me off >:( Poor JP :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Your not the only one as well :) That comment really pissed me off >:( Poor JP :(

Was I the only one shouting at the screen?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hooray! It wasn't just me then! *Beers for all*

They must of known Nancy's reaction in general and "man up" comment was going to cause a stir....

I thought Phoebe was fab in the past few episodes, shes been used properly again! Hooray! :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hooray! It wasn't just me then! *Beers for all*

They must of known Nancy's reaction in general and "man up" comment was going to cause a stir....

I thought Phoebe was fab in the past few episodes, shes been used properly again! Hooray! :)

Phoebes a good character tbf, the tptb don't recognise this & shove Freddie Roscoe down everyone's throats. Yawn.
    Forum Member
    Was I the only one shouting at the screen?

I wanted to go through the tv and punch her. She just found out her best friend had been raped and suffered in silence and instead of supporting him, she says that she was 'man enough for both of them' ummm, no?!?! >:(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wanted to go through the tv and punch her

She's not worth it >:(;-)
    Forum Member
    She's not worth it >:(;-)

It's okay, I've calmed down now!! ;-):p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Phoebes a good character tbf, the tptb don't recognise this & shove Freddie Roscoe down everyone's throats. Yawn.

Ugh... Because we all love Freddie remember! Theres nothing more that adds drama to a storyline than this = :o:o:o:o:o.

However! Yes I think Phoebe is brilliant and Mandip is a fab actress... Bring in her mother full time I say. The drama!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's okay, I've calmed down now!! ;-):p

Good to hear :p
  • priscillapriscilla Posts: 34,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Completely agree Neo, this is the kind of eps we should be getting on a regular basis.
    Also good to see Phoebe involved, I wish they would start using her more.
    As for Nancy, she was unneccessarily harsh towards JP, yes he should have reported it but it's not that easy and her comment 'man up' was rude. I know she must be going through a range of emotions, but to tell JP their friendships over right after finding out he was raped was not nice.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ugh... Because we all love Freddie remember! Theres nothing more that adds drama to a storyline than this = :o:o:o:o:o.

However! Yes I think Phoebe is brilliant and Mandip is a fab actress... Bring in her mother full time I say. The drama!

Perhaps when Mercy leaves she'll take lover boy Roscoe with her! Gives us all a break ;-)
    Forum Member

Freddie Roscoe is amazing :D Everyone knows that! :) I've even mastered his one and only facial expression :o

Is it good??! :p:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    priscilla wrote: »
    Completely agree Neo, this is the kind of eps we should be getting on a regular basis.
    Also good to see Phoebe involved, I wish they would start using her more.
    As for Nancy, she was unneccessarily harsh towards JP, yes he should have reported it but it's not that easy and her comment 'man up' was rude. I know she must be going through a range of emotions, but to tell JP their friendships over right after finding out he was raped was not nice.

Awww Prisc! Sooo happy to see you back and about. :D

I agree (of course - Do we ever disagree? ;)). I would hate of been what Nancy went through but... JP did and he... He went through the extreme. The act happened to him. Shes let him down an awful lot so thats where I struggle with her horrid speech at the end.
    Forum Member
    Good to hear :p

:D:D:D:D
  • priscillapriscilla Posts: 34,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Awww Prisc! Sooo happy to see you back and about. :D

I agree (of course - Do we ever disagree? ;)). I would hate of been what Nancy went through but... JP did and he... He went through the extreme. The act happened to him. Shes let him down an awful lot so thats where I struggle with her horrid speech at the end.

Haha, great minds think alike :p We both love Phebs, her mother becoming a regular would be really good. I just want her to get more screentime and a good sl, her last good sl was the homeless one.
    I like Nancy, but her attitude towards certain things pisses me off. JP meant to be her friend, she should really be supporting him. Going on about if he had come to her she would have been there for him, she wasn't there when she knew that Robbie was being homophobic towards him, did she even visit him in prison like he visited her when she was sectioned.
  • EastenderstreetEastenderstreet Posts: 3,284
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree tonights episode was fantastic and I really hope we get to see more of this I just hope the storyline doesnt lose momentum again once next week comes

Jessica, James, Alex and the others were all brilliant tonight but did was anyone else surprised about amazing Di Langton (Nana) was tonight as well I mean ive always loved Nana but I don't I realised until tonight how great of an actress she is, she really was great and her own rape confession will really helped make the episode, i think because we usually see her in comedy role made it all that more surprising tonight seeing doing dramatic and emotional scenes anyone else agree?

plus its also nice see great Irish talent on British soaps, Annette Flynn who played Detective Glennie is very good and its not too long ago she was a regular on Irish soap Fair City so it was nice to see her having a role on Hollyoaks, as much as Id love to see join as a regular I highly doubt that will happen but I do hope we get to see more of her even if she just stuck around as a recurring character so we don't have to see Sonny playing super cop all the time that would be great :)

this is the first time in ages that I'm genuinely looking forward to seeing Mondays episode, I really hope Nana will be okay and I really hope this isn't leading to a fatal illness or anything for Nana as I really don't want to see leave, amazing actress and a lovely pleasant character to have on the show too :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I agree tonights episode was fantastic and I really hope we get to see more of this I just hope the storyline doesnt lose momentum again once next week comes

Jessica, James, Alex and the others were all brilliant tonight but did was anyone else surprised about amazing Di Langton (Nana) was tonight as well I mean ive always loved Nana but I don't I realised until tonight how great of an actress she is, she really was great and her own rape confession will really helped make the episode, i think because we usually see her in comedy role made it all that more surprising tonight seeing doing dramatic and emotional scenes anyone else agree?

plus its also nice see great Irish talent on British soaps, Annette Flynn who played Detective Glennie is very good and its not too long ago she was a regular on Irish soap Fair City so it was nice to see her having a role on Hollyoaks, as much as Id love to see join as a regular I highly doubt that will happen but I do hope we get to see more of her even if she just stuck around as a recurring character so we don't have to see Sonny playing super cop all the time that would be great :)

this is the first time in ages that I'm genuinely looking forward to seeing Mondays episode, I really hope Nana will be okay and I really hope this isn't leading to a fatal illness or anything for Nana as I really don't want to see leave, amazing actress and a lovely pleasant character to have on the show too :)

What a great post! I loved Irish Copper Lady as she had Finn to the wall and didn't fall for the "I'm just a kid" story. :D

It sounds a bit wrong but I am excited to see Mercy's reaction... I hear shes off baying for blood! I've missed the sibling dynamic of the McQueen's for a while and I can see it going into overdrive come Monday.
  • EastenderstreetEastenderstreet Posts: 3,284
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What a great post! I loved Irish Copper Lady as she had Finn to the wall and didn't fall for the "I'm just a kid" story. :D

It sounds a bit wrong but I am excited to see Mercy's reaction... I hear shes off baying for blood! I've missed the sibling dynamic of the McQueen's for a while and I can see it going into overdrive come Monday.

Thank you so much, but from what I can see now is that I clearly rushed it as I can't believe the amount of grammar mistakes I have made! :D I guess i was just so excited at the time I didn't event think to read over it before i submitted it ah well :D
  • winter99winter99 Posts: 16,216
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Irish Copper lady has a name! D.S. Glennie played by Annette Flynn! :D