Options

Peter Sissons

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 70
Forum Member
I love him :o

Great man, glad to see him on News at 10 (first time I've seen him on in ages). Nice of him to say "well done" to the sports guy at the end. :)

Comments

• Options
    pierre_gustavepierre_gustave Posts: 4,263
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Very underrated.
    Great newscaster and interviewer.
  • Options
    StrakerStraker Posts: 79,659
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think he died 5 years ago but nobody told him. Stunned to see him on the main bulletin yesterday. Thought the Beeb were slowly easing him out via the News Channel.

Get. Rid. Now.
  • Options
    SloopySloopy Posts: 65,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A bit of a miserable sod, isn't he??
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,360
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He usually terrible on News 24.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He never did live down the 'black tie incident'. :D
  • Options
    m06een00m06een00 Posts: 2,496
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Straker wrote: »
    I think he died 5 years ago but nobody told him. Stunned to see him on the main bulletin yesterday. Thought the Beeb were slowly easing him out via the News Channel.

Get. Rid. Now.
    Er, no! I wish he'd return to BBC1 permanently, although I suspect it was just a fill-in job. He should never have been eased out in the first place. :confused: Excellent newsreader and journalist.
  • Options
    wombatofludhamwombatofludham Posts: 3,761
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think he's great, an anti-celebrity in an age when newreaders keep trying to break into light ent. You can't really see him doing Strictly Come Mincing can you?

Just the right side of Grumpy Old Sod!
  • Options
    DVDfeverDVDfever Posts: 18,535
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think he's great, an anti-celebrity in an age when newreaders keep trying to break into light ent. You can't really see him doing Strictly Come Mincing can you?

Absolutely. Peter Sissons is fantastic!
    http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=ph902q5aqW4
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

No - thank God!! :eek:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,715
    Forum Member
    I love the clip of him where he comments on Anne Robinsons fake tits whilst at the newsdesk ! :D:D:D very LOL. I always think of that clip when I see him now. I couldn't find it on youtube :(
  • Options
    SpotSpot Posts: 25,126
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sloopy wrote: »
    A bit of a miserable sod, isn't he??

Probably a better qualification for the job than many of the people half his age who have been promoted beyond their ability just because they look good on TV. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I love the clip of him where he comments on Anne Robinsons fake tits whilst at the newsdesk ! :D:D:D very LOL. I always think of that clip when I see him now. I couldn't find it on youtube :(

Hehe - a rare comical moment from Mr Sissons there!! :D
  • Options
    be more pacificbe more pacific Posts: 19,061
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    kratz22 wrote: »
    He always seems drunk/drugged these days. Does he have any, cough, problems?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

He seemed the usual when I saw a bit of him today. He has a very laidback style anyway, but I didn't see enough to spot anything out of the ordinary.
  • Options
    oulandyoulandy Posts: 18,242
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought I would die of the tedium of having to watch him on the News and on Question Time before they eventually did shunt him off. Bringing him back is like raising Lazarus, only he is still dead.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    oulandy wrote: »
    I thought I would die of the tedium of having to watch him on the News and on Question Time before they eventually did shunt him off. Bringing him back is like raising Lazarus, only he is still dead.

He hasn't done Question Time for some time now - 1993 according to IMDB, long before I watched it regularly. I got into watching it as it's fun watching politicians and others insult each other for an hour. The only thing they're missing are the custard pies to throw at each other :)
  • Options
    Kevin1960Kevin1960 Posts: 5,606
    Forum Member
    The only time I ever seem to see Peter Sissons on the box now is on BBC News on a Saturday afternoon. He seems to have done that particular stint for ages; he was certainly doing it back in 2001 when the Queen Mother died.
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It's called old age, he is 67 years old now. How many people that age could still do as good a job as him holding together live telly at his age?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If he'd been a 67-year old woman they would have pensioned him off years ago.

Hello, Moira Stewart......
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 613
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Him & Leonard Parkin used to terrify me when I was little - they always looked so stern and fierce.
  • Options
    GeorgeSGeorgeS Posts: 20,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's called old age, he is 67 years old now. How many people that age could still do as good a job as him holding together live telly at his age?

He was also injured quite badly while reporting for ITN early in his career. I dont know if he still suffers from the after affects of that but possibly that is a factor.

He was always better suite to a structured bulletin anyway. The BBC should have kept him as the weekend BBC1 anchor IMO.
  • Options
    magnificentmagnificent Posts: 2,976
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ...none can beat the days of Reggie Bousanquet for unpredictability :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 553
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    kratz22 wrote: »

Isn't he!
    Miserable bleed*r. Especially when he follows Matthew or Tim.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    GeorgeS wrote: »
    He was also injured quite badly while reporting for ITN early in his career. I dont know if he still suffers from the after affects of that but possibly that is a factor.

He was always better suite to a structured bulletin anyway. The BBC should have kept him as the weekend BBC1 anchor IMO.

If he's working the Sat afternoon BBC News shift, he also does the late afternoon BBC1 news bulletin as well. Is that what you meant?
  • Options
    Welsh-ladWelsh-lad Posts: 51,925
    Forum Member
    He always looks cantankerous and moody.