Samsung LCD TV Problem

I have a Samsung LW15E23CB digital as a second tv running from a Pace sky box. Since new in 2003, I have always turned it off at night by pressing the power button on the remote and turning it back on the next morning by pressing number 6 numeric button on the remote.............the orange power indicator light appears solid for maybe a second followed then by the picture...all OK.
Recently after following the same procedure of turning the set off and back on again, the orange power light blinks for about 10 mins before going off.................one press of button 6 then brings up the picture and all is OK.
During the time that the orange light is blinking,the pressing of any other button including the power on/off button on the set has no effect.
Can anyone throw any light on what the problem is and how to overcome it. Thanks.

Comments

• ProDaveProDave Posts: 11,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Probably the usual Samsung problem of failing capacitors in the power supply.
  • Stephen WStephen W Posts: 58
    Forum Member
    ProDave wrote: »
    Probably the usual Samsung problem of failing capacitors in the power supply.

Hi Dave...........do you know the approximate cost of having the capacitor replaced?
  • ProDaveProDave Posts: 11,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If I were doing it, not very much, maybe £30 but a lot of tv repairers charge more. you need to find one close to you and ask them.
  • Stephen WStephen W Posts: 58
    Forum Member
    ProDave wrote: »
    If I were doing it, not very much, maybe £30 but a lot of tv repairers charge more. you need to find one close to you and ask them.

Thanks for your responses Dave...................As I'm in France and the tv was bought in the UK which I'm sure will lead to replacement parts queries by any repairer over here hence expense, I've taken the bull by the horns and ordered a new tv.
  • the chimpthe chimp Posts: 12,139
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Are you saying the tv takes about 10 minutes to come on or that the orange light on your remote is flickering ?