Emmerdale: Aaron Livesy and Robert Sugden Appreciation Thread (Part 4)

Comments

• Lucie_GirardLucie_Girard Posts: 36,092
    Forum Member
    Random question'
    Are the IS soap awards tomorrow?
  • Dress to KillDress to Kill Posts: 6,209
    Forum Member
    Random question'
    Are the IS soap awards tomorrow?

I do believe so!
  • LmackLmack Posts: 14,443
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't know about for anyone else, but for me, there's a spoiler for when the police are doing the reconstruction of Robert's shooting where Chas makes an admission and Aaron ushers her away. I'm theorising that maybe Chas remembers something or says something which doesn't add up or suggests that things weren't as they seemed, and Aaron ushering her away is to stop her from saying anything else or stop her from remembering anything more.

It's quite a loose theory I give you that but it's one I'm sticking to until it becomes clearer :p:p

Ok thanks.Yeah I guess this could come about.I just thought they said with the blood spatter evidence and the angle of the bullet that it couldn't have been Chas.Also I do wonder if Aaron knows it's Chas why on earth is he acting as if he doesn't know
  • tink02tink02 Posts: 8,523
    Forum Member
    I don't know about for anyone else, but for me, there's a spoiler for when the police are doing the reconstruction of Robert's shooting where Chas makes an admission and Aaron ushers her away. I'm theorising that maybe Chas remembers something or says something which doesn't add up or suggests that things weren't as they seemed, and Aaron ushering her away is to stop her from saying anything else or stop her from remembering anything more.

It's quite a loose theory I give you that but it's one I'm sticking to until it becomes clearer :p:p

If the police hadn't come up with the evidence about blood splatter etc, I would have gone 90% for this theory. The police may be basing their theories on what Chas told them her position was so it's still a possibility. After all I didn't think the blood splatter on her clothes was caused by the bullet, rather Robert falling on her.
  • tink02tink02 Posts: 8,523
    Forum Member
    Lmack wrote: »
    Ok thanks.Yeah I guess this could come about.I just thought they said with the blood spatter evidence and the angle of the bullet that it couldn't have been Chas.Also I do wonder if Aaron knows it's Chas why on earth is he acting as if he doesn't know

But the angle could still match Chas being the shooter if she was standing somewhere different to where she stated.
  • Randomguy83Randomguy83 Posts: 16,879
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah but they have to address the Cain/Kyle story now as he has been in the village a while now.It wouldn't be right if they kept on ignoring it

That's not the point. That could've been delayed like the Robert/Vic sexuality conversation which came about 6 weeks too late. It's the fact it's oh so conveniently timed.

Ross has had more scenes with a kid he has no relation to than Robert has had with Jack/Sarah and Aaron has had with Leo combined.

It's KO blatant attempt to engender sympathy for certain characters from the gullible and intellectually challenged viewers who swallow it and say "awww cute". Even ED bloody twitter have done it earlier with Ross and Moses.
  • WhatYouGonnaDo?WhatYouGonnaDo? Posts: 6,003
    Forum Member
    tink02 wrote: »
    But the angle could still match Chas being the shooter if she was standing somewhere different to where she stated.

I think the blood splatter thing isn't about where she said she was standing rather they can tell the gun was fired from a distance and the blood splatter on her clothes could only be there if she was standing close by, therefore it can't be Chas. If you are stood a good distance away then there would be no blood splatter.

edit they would also test her hands for gun powder residue.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That's not the point. That could've been delayed like the Robert/Vic sexuality conversation which came about 6 weeks too late. It's the fact it's oh so conveniently timed.

Ross has had more scenes with a kid he has no relation to than Robert has had with Jack/Sarah and Aaron has had with Leo combined.

It's KO blatant attempt to engender sympathy for certain characters from the gullible and intellectually challenged viewers who swallow it and say "awww cute". Even ED bloody twitter have done it earlier with Ross and Moses.

I see your point in a way but I don't think it should be delayed any longer.The little boy (who is after all his son) has been in the village for a while now and it's slightly unrealistic for it not to be addressed.Moira and Zak have a vested interest as well and they don't want Kyle finding out from anyone else that Cain is his dad so they're trying to get Cain to see this.I think that's very unfair to say that some viewers are gullible or intellectually challenged-they maybe just like those characters the same as us on here like Aaron and Robert
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    tink02 wrote: »

But I think they checked the blood spatter on her clothes which suggest she was standing close
  • Dress to KillDress to Kill Posts: 6,209
    Forum Member
    edit they would also test her hands for gun powder residue.

I haven't a clue about any of that stuff so I don't actually know, but Chas had washed before the police got to her, so couldn't she have washed it off? And she had removed her clothes too, so is it not possible that the blood splatter stuff wasn't actually that accurate?

I'm not trying to stretch anything to fit my theory I'm simply just asking :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I see your point in a way but I don't think it should be delayed any longer.The little boy (who is after all his son) has been in the village for a while now and it's slightly unrealistic for it not to be addressed.Moira and Zak have a vested interest as well and they don't want Kyle finding out from anyone else that Cain is his dad so they're trying to get Cain to see this.I think that's very unfair to say that some viewers are gullible or intellectually challenged-they maybe just like those characters the same as us on here like Aaron and Robert

It's not about 'liking' characters. It's about manipulating a viewer to feel sympathy for a character in a particular moment by using children.
  • Alanna_HousdenAlanna_Housden Posts: 3,948
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I haven't a clue about any of that stuff so I don't actually know, but Chas had washed before the police got to her, so couldn't she have washed it off? And she had removed her clothes too, so is it not possible that the blood splatter stuff wasn't actually that accurate?

I thought the same thing tbh
    I think it was Dan who told her to stay the way she was but she said she needed to get out of the clothes and get changed.

Btw I love your new fic! :D:)
    Poor Chas! lol ;-):blush:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I'm not trying to stretch anything to fit my theory I'm simply just asking :p

Gunpowder residue washes off like anything BUT it also spreads too. Anything she touched door handles, clothes, other people etc would spread the residue. Her clothes would have it on anyway if she fired the gun.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's not about 'liking' characters. It's about manipulating a viewer to feel sympathy for a character in a particular moment by using children.

I wouldn't exactly call it manipulation but they do things like this with all characters at different times.They play on certain things and twitter are always doing it to get support for all the characters
  • ArtyAttackArtyAttack Posts: 67,513
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I had the same theory. Still think it is Chas but Ross is my reserve. ;-)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wouldn't exactly call it manipulation but they do things like this with all characters at different times.They play on certain things and twitter are always doing it to get support for all the characters

Then what would you call it? Oh and yes it's used for some characters but not Robert which was the point I was making initially ;-).

Out of interest anyone got any idea who this other spoiler for the 23rd might relate to:

'Another villager's life is in danger as someone plots their death'. My first instinct is Ross/Pete but also maybe a revenge plot if Lawrence/Chrissie find out Cain's plan?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 817
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm starting to think that Aaron was trying to hide the gun that was used to shoot Robert, otherwise if it wasn't the same gun he wouldn't really have anything to be worried about would he?
  • Crazy_BananaCrazy_Banana Posts: 171
    Forum Member
    It is illegal to carry or own a firearm without a licence. This is odd because Adam must find it in the car. It isn't 'owned' by Aaron and he isn't carrying it. I would say he did a really bad job of wiping the fingerprints off. Aaron was upset the scrap was not being collected so I suspect he goes to remove it, Adam sees him. However as he and Aaron are always covering for each other, I suspect he tells Vic and she goes to the police. If it is the weapon used Aaron will be arrested. It will be interesting to know where he picked it up from.

In the spoilers Adam notices from the video that Aaron puts the gun in the car and Vic doesn't so later when Adam confronts Aaron and goes to get the gun. Vic uploads the video online still having not noticed.. for everyone to see, where Rakesh then sees it and calls the cop's on Aaron to clear Lawrence's name.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 817
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Then what would you call it? Oh and yes it's used for some characters but not Robert which was the point I was making initially ;-).

Out of interest anyone got any idea who this other spoiler for the 23rd might relate to:

'Another villager's life is in danger as someone plots their death'. My first instinct is Ross/Pete but also maybe a revenge plot if Lawrence/Chrissie find out Cain's plan?

Probably Ross/Pete, or maybe even Chas? Could have something to do with Emma... what is it with everyone trying to kill each other??? all of them are bloody nutters :o:p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Coz97 wrote: »
    I'm starting to think that Aaron was trying to hide the gun that was used to shoot Robert, otherwise if it wasn't the same gun he wouldn't really have anything to be worried about would he?

Unless it's the lodge gun
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I know what point you were making and kind of see what you mean.I don't know that I would call it anything in particular-the story about Cain and Kyle has to be explored and I wouldn't say they need to get sympathy for Cain by using Kyle.Cain is a well established character and people either like him or they don't.I don't think him being a dad to Kyle will necessarily make people go aww or like him any more
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So many theories :p . I only want to know who did it because I don't want it to be Aaron.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Coz97 wrote: »
    Probably Ross/Pete, or maybe even Chas? Could have something to do with Emma... what is it with everyone trying to kill each other??? all of them are bloody nutters :o:p

There's a separate spoiler that day though about Emma and Chas so im not sure they'd be the focus of 2 of them.
    I know what point you were making and kind of see what you mean.I don't know that I would call it anything in particular-the story about Cain and Kyle has to be explored and I wouldn't say they need to get sympathy for Cain by using Kyle.Cain is a well established character and people either like him or they don't.I don't think him being a dad to Kyle will necessarily make people go aww or like him any more

People do go aww though you only have to look at when ED tweet that pic of Cain and Kyle to see it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There's a separate spoiler that day though about Emma and Chas so im not sure they'd be the focus of 2 of them.

People do go aww though you only have to look at when ED tweet that pic of Cain and Kyle to see it.

Yeah I know.I guess I just don't think it would change their opinion of Cain really.If they don't like him they will probably still not like him regardless of the Kyle stuff
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah I know.I guess I just don't think it would change their opinion of Cain really.If they don't like him they will probably still not like him regardless of the Kyle stuff

Yeah that's true.
This discussion has been closed.