Options

Ultimate Marvel Graphic Novel Collection

Comments

• Options
    scooby1970scooby1970 Posts: 2,797
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mach2001 wrote: »
    Does anyone have an idea about if I went to W.H Smith and asked them to order them in for me would I be able to start at issue one or would I just start from the issue its on now?
    Thanks

They will order back issues too, but they might ask for payment up front for a few issues.

:) Mark
  • Options
    sdrogersonsdrogerson Posts: 1,424
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How do I cancel my sub? I have emailed and not had a reply. When I phone I get put pin hold and then cut off.
  • Options
    Des leaderDes leader Posts: 226
    Forum Member
    sdrogerson wrote: »
    How do I cancel my sub? I have emailed and not had a reply. When I phone I get put pin hold and then cut off.

Can you do it via the Hachette Partworks website?

Be careful via the phone, my phone bill came in and I had £10 worth of calls to them, from being on hold about 10 times, and still didnt get to speak to anyone!

On a slightly brighter note, issues 6 and 8 have been despatched (at last), i wonder when number 7 will!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sdrogerson wrote: »

Yeah, just give them a ring. Best time to phone is in the afternoon, I had no luck ever phoning in the morning.Cancelling was the best thing I ever done. Issue 11 is out on Tuesday next week, and I know I'll get it on the day from my local comic shop.

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 264
    Forum Member
    I was at my local comic shop yesterday and they had issue 11, a Captain Britain storyline. When I got home from work I found issues 8 and 9 had been delivered, along with my bookends. I think I'm going to go back to the comic shop and pick up 10 and 11, then cancel my subscription. There's no point subscribing to guarantee delivery of the books if my local comic shop is 2 issues ahead.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3
    Forum Member
    Hi, I am getting all my issues from my local newsagent, I am up to issue 11 and I am very pleased with the quality of the collection so far, but the picture on the spine is of slightly varying heights, not noticable untill you have a few issues in order. Numbers 2,3 and 4 are out, and number 3 is slightly lower than the others. It isn,t too noticeable, about a 2mm difference, but surely a collection like this, with the spine art a major selling point, they could get it right. Or I just have a different number 3 ( The Captain Britain one) to everyone else, lol. Like I said, its not too noticeable untill you really examine it, but I hope that its an isolated incident, not going to happen too often in the 60 issue run.Even if it does, I think it will still be a very striking piece of art, with a lot of good stories. Anyone else noticed this? I cant post a picture, but if anyone wants a pic showing the height difference, email me :
    michael.thomas827@ntlworld.com
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9
    Forum Member
    My Cap America from a few issues back had a very out of alignment spine. Luckily I buy mine from Smith's so was able to return for a better copy.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    My local newsagent only has 3 copies on order every fortnight, but because I go there first from work on the release day, I get to pick the best one,lol. If all 3 copies are missaligned, what can you do, lol. so far so good.....
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9
    Forum Member
    Exactly I'm dreading that day I know it's going to happen sooner or later lol.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 38
    Forum Member
    I get this collection, and I am not really fussed about whether the spines match up by a couple of milimeters, as long as you squint your eyes it looks reasonable. And I think all in all it is what is in the covers that is the main thing here.
  • Options
    Residents FanResidents Fan Posts: 9,204
    Forum Member
    I'm probably not going to obtain the whole collection, but having enjoyed the Hulk novel I'm probably going to pick up issues which have writers/artists I like (like Peter David).
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7
    Forum Member
    are you guys still having issues with getting your books?

i really want to subscribe to this collection
    but the comments are really putting me off

also does the normal issues fit in the letter box?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dogismo wrote: »
    are you guys still having issues with getting your books?

i really want to subscribe to this collection
    but the comments are really putting me off

also does the normal issues fit in the letter box?

I've had no issues what-so-ever no I get it from a local shop. The copies you get from mail order do not have the cardboard surround so usually fit through a letter-box. I still know people waiting for various issues who subscribe, so just order it from your local comic shop or newsagent.

• Options
    mikehadfieldmikehadfield Posts: 2,221
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I subscribed from the very start (direct through their website) and have had no issues at all. All issues arriving in perfect condition and when I was expecting them.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    thanks guys, i think i will subscribe to them

at least give it ago can always cancel

just need to make sure they fit in my letterbox
  • Options
    sdrogersonsdrogerson Posts: 1,424
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've had no problems at all
  • Options
    Forum Member
    can anyone else confirm that they fit in the letterbox?

i dont wanna have to go to post office depot every 2 weeks haha
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 264
    Forum Member
    If you subscribe they send you two issues at a time, the last 2 deliveries I've had have come in a box that I had to go and collect from my local Post office. So I'm going to say no, they don't fit through your letterbox.
  • Options
    Sniffle774Sniffle774 Posts: 20,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If you subscribe they send you two issues at a time, the last 2 deliveries I've had have come in a box that I had to go and collect from my local Post office. So I'm going to say no, they don't fit through your letterbox.

Mine do tho.... So pretty much sure between Fozzmeister and myself we have managed to make that issue clear :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    think i will have it delivered to a friends house to make sure someone is always in
    just a pain having to do that
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ive subscribed

it said from issue 2

am guessing issue 1 is the free issue?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dogismo wrote: »
    ive subscribed

it said from issue 2

am guessing issue 1 is the free issue?

Issue 3 will be free.

• Options
    Forum Member
    thanks mark

i was asking them some questions and got this this reply

Dear Dan
    Thank you for your email.
    Please be advised that the issues will fit in a standard post box, we send out 2 issues every 4 weeks. At the moment we are only able to start new subscribers of at issue number 6, however we will be able to place back orders for issues 1-5 if you require them.
    Please do not hesitate to contact us should you require further assistance.
    Yours sincerely,
    Trishan Govender
    Customer Care

when i signed up it said from issue 2

suppose al have to wait and see what i get when it comes

then al have to either back order or buy them on ebay
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11
    Forum Member
    if they can fit two issues in a normal letterbox, then someone should tell my postman! bar one delevery when i was in i've had to wander 3 miles to local sorting office to pick them up.

dont they knock on neighbours doors anymore?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Hi, if anyones interested, I have been in Methyr Tydfill, Wales this last 2 weeks on jury service, one lunchtime I went into a bookstore called The Works, a discount bookstore with branches all over the country, I say this because I noticed they are selling the Marvel Chronicle hardback book, DC Chronicle hardback book and Star Wars Chronicle hardback books for only £14.99 each. I have just bought Marvel Chronicle for £22.75 from Whsmith, when I saw this I couldnt cancel my order in time, typically. If anyones interested the website is www.theworks.co.uk . On their website its known as Marvel Comics - A Visual History, but it is Marvel Chronicle, I was looking through it the other day, it has the hardback case and the 2 prints, a bargain....