E3 2013:- Discussion Thread

13»

Comments

• JaiJaiJaiJai Posts: 541
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    brb wrote: »
    What an utter joke. They called a mini-conference for some "Big news!". Made people wait 45 minutes, with many people (including the editor of ONM and the presenters of GT) think they were about to announce a new game. They announced Wii Fit female trainer as a SSB character.

It annoyed pretty much everyone, especially the presenters of GT who said that Nintendo were "the little leagues" playing against "the professionals" (Microsoft/Sony). I just don't understand Nintendo... I really don't :-S

The games announced were a positive step but nothing really screamed out to me apart from Mario Kart.

There seems to be no buzz of excitement in the product (in my opinion) even from Nintendo - very safe games showcased and Nintendos failure to in understanding what their loyal fans want ie:
    - A new proper 3D Mario adventure
    - A new Metroid game
    - Some kind of F Zero announced
    - a new IP - something new, anything.
    - Starfox

These games need to be in development and released asap if the WiiU even hopes to live beyond it's third birthday.

The situation is critical - and I think Nintendo will be left all alone as third party titles will eventually dry up.

Also where the hell was the Wii U Zelda???
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,077
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JaiJai wrote: »
    Also where the hell was the Wii U Zelda???

I'm glad they didn't announce it to be honest. I'd rather that they don't rush it, and push it back, then them release a below par game. I have faith in Eiji Aonuma.

I think we'll get a trailer for it at next years E3 and a release at the end of 2015.