Anyone think a Peter Beale recast is on the horizon soon?

13»

Comments

• TheGraduate2012TheGraduate2012 Posts: 14,822
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think they have been setting it up for Lauren to split up with Peter off screen and come back alone. she's hardly mentioned Peter since she came back, it's weird that he let her travel so far alone in her condition and then she gives birth and there's no discussion about whether he's coming over to see his son out if she's heading straight back. Odd. Then there's those comments to Abi about waking up with the same person and it being boring etc. I think the stress of her dad taking the blame for his brothers crime is what will ultimately tear them apart. She'll come back alone but then Peter will reappear in a couple of years to see his son. will probably be a completely different actor by then!

It was very clumsy indeed. I wish they hadn't bothered bringing Lauren back and that she'd just come back with her new baby and a Peter recast when the actress comes back permanently next year.
  • bean_of_sbbean_of_sb Posts: 7,840
    Forum Member
    With Lucy dead, Cindy gone and Bobby's inevitable one way ticket to the crazy house, I think it's safe to say that Peter will be back. He's only in his 20s and he's the successor to the Beale empire. Maybe it won't be any time soon, but we can all garuntee that Peter will be back at some point.
  • DUNDEEBOYDUNDEEBOY Posts: 110,017
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's possible as the producer likes to push male characters in their 20s, including very pointless ones like Paul

The female characters were cut right back in this age group.
  • Austin_PearceAustin_Pearce Posts: 382
    Forum Member
    I'd rather see Cindy Beale return, that is, if they can come up with the right story.
  • Matt35Matt35 Posts: 30,090
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm sure a recast will happen at some point. Ben hardy isn't gonna be returning so why not recast unless Peter is never gonna return which is high likely.
  • HildaonplutoHildaonpluto Posts: 37,697
    Forum Member
    I'd rather see Cindy Beale return, that is, if they can come up with the right story.

Another back from the dead? After Kathy I think that should be the end of that approach for credibilitys sake.
  • Foxster HotpotFoxster Hotpot Posts: 12,193
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Cindy Sr or Jr?
    Forum Member
    Cindy Sr or Jr?

Cindy jnr is Williams
  • owen10owen10 Posts: 127,909
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    No i dont think they should recast him as they found the perfect Peter If they did recast him they have to get it right
  • SegaGamerSegaGamer Posts: 29,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    owen10 wrote: »
    No i dont think they should recast him as they found the perfect Peter If they did recast him they have to get it right

I don't think they did find the perfect Peter to be honest, Thomas Law was a much better fit for Peter than Ben Hardy was. Ben Hardy seemed to be cast on his appearance more than anything else. Ben Hardy was not how i imagined Peter to look and grow to be as a character.

I agree that they shouldn't recast him though, how many more Peter's is there going to be ? we have already had 6 different Peter's.
  • firefly_irlfirefly_irl Posts: 4,015
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Agree I still feel Thomas Law is more the real Peter than Hardy ever was. I think the audience would quickly accept Law back as Peter rather than yet another recast
  • owen10owen10 Posts: 127,909
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    SegaGamer wrote: »
    I don't think they did find the perfect Peter to be honest, Thomas Law was a much better fit for Peter than Ben Hardy was. Ben Hardy seemed to be cast on his appearance more than anything else. Ben Hardy was not how i imagined Peter to look and grow to be as a character.

I agree that they shouldn't recast him though, how many more Peter's is there going to be ? we have already had 6 different Peter's.

When Thomas Law was in the show i did not think he was a good actor But Ben Hardy felt like he was Peter as i thought he was a better actor
    Forum Member
    owen10 wrote: »
    When Thomas Law was in the show i did not think he was a good actor But Ben Hardy felt like he was Peter as i thought he was a better actor

I thought Ben Hardy was the better actor ability wise but slightly less how I envisaged Peter to be in terms of physical looks.
    He won't be the definitive Peter but he was pretty damned good at times.
  • writer_composerwriter_composer Posts: 1,543
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think Thomas would be great a recast, Peter was his first acting role and first on TV as well so understandably a bit shaky, but he grew through his tenure and importantly has had experience doing other roles, in theatre and television. He can come back refreshed, knowing the character well, I think he'd work well with Jacqueline Jossa and importantly provide continuity for the role...Another recast would be the 6th actor to play the Peter!!
  • Aura101Aura101 Posts: 8,327
    Forum Member
    Thomas Law back as peter would be great, otherwise no more recasts.

If anything i would like Sam Mitchell back... Played again by Kim Metcalf :D