Options

Opinions on Oti, Gleb, Giovanni

Comments

• Options
    CravenHavenCravenHaven Posts: 13,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Poor, poor scripted Giovanni.
    Perhaps he will discover (his own) personality later, eh?
  • Options
    IgnazioIgnazio Posts: 18,695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Giovanni - the poor man's Vincent
  • Options
    Paul237Paul237 Posts: 8,654
    Forum Member
    Too early to say. I thought it was really cringey how all the girls were gushing over Gleb. Hopefully they only did it for the intro show.
  • Options
    PinkDiamondPinkDiamond Posts: 645
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    GoinGaga wrote: »
    Well to be fair, Vincent is also quite "liddle" :D

Hahaha, that made me spit my tea :D
  • Options
    ESPIONdansantESPIONdansant Posts: 6,760
    Forum Member
    Gleb - I don't appreciate being told who's a "hottie" and I don't actually like his looks
    Giovanni - looks like a good dancer?
    Oti - is she *ahem* enhanced?
  • Options
    Tommo781Tommo781 Posts: 4,935
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Let us wait until we see them dancing and their choreography before judging them, shall we?
  • Options
    PinkDiamondPinkDiamond Posts: 645
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gleb - I don't appreciate being told who's a "hottie" and I don't actually like his looks
    Giovanni - looks like a good dancer?
    Oti - is she *ahem* enhanced?

BiB, I thought that too!
  • Options
    Tommo781Tommo781 Posts: 4,935
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BiB, I thought that too!

And it matters how?
  • Options
    FingersAndToesFingersAndToes Posts: 9,956
    Forum Member
    Oti seems like fun, bubbly personality. Great dancer.

Giovanni and Gleb seem nice enough. I feel bad for Gleb though, the constant fawning over his looks must be tiring.
  • Options
    Collins1965Collins1965 Posts: 13,913
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oti seems really lovely and great fun.

Giovanni seems quite nice - I loved it when he told Claudia he was a bit afraid of her! Seeing him made me miss Vincent, though.

Gleb - aloof and hard to read, could be shy. He is not all that good looking, it was cringy the way they kept going on about him. Alijaz beats him hands down in the looks department, the dancing remains to be seen.
  • Options
    ESPIONdansantESPIONdansant Posts: 6,760
    Forum Member
    Oti - as someone whose natural endowments rather get in the way then I'm curious as to how dancers cope

So - does it matter? No. But I'm curious. What effect may it have?
  • Options
    edy10edy10 Posts: 18,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oti isn't enhanced. All pics of her when she was competing in south Africa and Germany when she was younger ( and she has always been like that ) are on the Internet
  • Options
    mirandawebmirandaweb Posts: 3,822
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oti seems lovely. She knows how to strike a pose too and fill it with energy and presence.

Giovanni - typical young Italian guy. Seems pleasant enough.

Gleb - Seems to take himself a little too seriously, but that might be him not 'getting' how we do things in the UK and not realising the importance of smiling and showing some personality.
  • Options
    QwaarJetQwaarJet Posts: 986
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The two men seems like a couple of arrogant fools. Oti seems ok so far.
  • Options
    broadshoulderbroadshoulder Posts: 18,758
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Paul237 wrote: »
    Too early to say. I thought it was really cringey how all the girls were gushing over Gleb. Hopefully they only did it for the intro show.

No the Tess-bot was going it as well.

With limited brain capacity she runs out of things to say...
  • Options
    broadshoulderbroadshoulder Posts: 18,758
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    QwaarJet wrote: »
    The two men seems like a couple of arrogant fools. Oti seems ok so far.

Depends on how they are portrayed..
  • Options
    Miriam_RMiriam_R Posts: 4,665
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oti looks like a promising package. If her dancing is as good as I've read, then she'll be a great addition.

Not sure about the guys yet, Gleb seemed very serious and Giovanni had that cheesy ladies' man thing going on. We'll see though, I'm sure once things get going their personalities will shine through more and, as ever, theirs and Oti's dancing will do the talking too.
  • Options
    ravensboroughravensborough Posts: 5,188
    Forum Member
    Oti is lovely - a great dancer, beautiful and has a bubbly personality.

Giovanni - completely and utterly in love with himself.

Gleb - Reminds me of Tom Evans from last year. Good-looking but with no personality.
  • Options
    XassyXassy Posts: 9,365
    Forum Member
    I really like Oti.
    I thought I'd like Giovanni but he pissed me off really quickly.
    I'm not sure about Gleb. He didn't say much, did he? I also don't think he's that attractive. I mean, he's not ugly but that's it!
  • Options
    *Liya**Liya* Posts: 5,978
    Forum Member
    Oti is adorable and had a great body

I can see Giovanni becoming very irritating with time but he is quite attractive

Gleb seemed to be just there...i wish we had Trent again this series.
  • Options
    fridgesoupfridgesoup Posts: 17,112
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oti - adorable! Beautiful, smiley, fun, lovely dancer. Hope she's a good teacher and choreographer.

Giovanni - I thought he was cute if a little silly. Apparently he was very nervous (according to a report from a FM who was there), so happy to wait and see.

Gleb - I liked him on DWTS, but thought he came across rather 'disengaged' on the launch show. Don't know what to read into that, so again, wait and see ;-).
  • Options
    BMLisaBMLisa Posts: 15,198
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Loved Oti from the red carpet footage didn't really see enough of the boys tbh
  • Options
    BuddyBontheNetBuddyBontheNet Posts: 28,163
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oti - Seems lovely, fantastic dancer. However she has been set a big test with the injured contestant who obviously is going to be cagey if he has to lift her...

Actually it crossed my mind that an injured beginner was a hard ask for a new pro on the show. He had an Achilles tendon injury last year too and even if it has healed, and will still be an area of weakness. It will be interesting to see how he gets on.
  • Options
    Nina_BlakeNina_Blake Posts: 6,578
    Forum Member
    Oti seems like a lovely person, she's also stunning. Great addition to the pro roster.
  • Options
    curvybabescurvybabes Posts: 13,223
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I really like Oti and Giovanni they both seem fun and bubbly. Gleb was quiet so can't really say much about him.